The Student Room Group

Birmingham A101 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Same here just got an offer as well! Absolutely buzzing but I am writing this just to say dont give up yet! I was sure that of the 2 interviews I had the Birmingham one didnt go so well especially as I literally had no idea what was going on in the data interpretation bit and I know I actually got it wrong because she said in the next bit of the question!
I had a first class degree but AABc at A Level and while my important GCSES were good (A) I didnt have half as many A*s as what I am seeing other people have on here! I am a HCA at the moment so not sure if that helped! Bottom line is none of us have any idea what they base their decisions on and comparing yourself to strangers on the internet only makes you panic more! So stay positive because it might have gone a lot better than you expected! (Okay my inspirational speech is over now lol best of luck to everyone waiting to hear!)
I've got an offer this evening too! So so relieved! Good luck to everyone still waiting
To all those with an offer. Are you thinking about going into halls or trying to get a group of us together to get a house?
Reply 83
Original post by BlackHawk92
Just got an offer so they are coming out. Literally skipping round at work. Best of wishes to everyone who has not heard what they wanted, remember you only need one offer

Congratulations! :smile:
I haven't heard anything from them...I'm scared I got rejected :\
How did the offer come? Email or a letter in the post?
is it worth applying to Birmingham with ABBd (Psychology, Bio, Chem and Maths) at A-Level and A*A*AAAAAAAA at GCSE?
Original post by iProcrastinate.
is it worth applying to Birmingham with ABBd (Psychology, Bio, Chem and Maths) at A-Level and A*A*AAAAAAAA at GCSE?

their threshold this year for A levels was AAB+
I got BBB at A level, a first in my undergrad (biomed) and am currently doing an MSc. I got a rejection without interview and I think it was probably due to my A levels.
They do say on their website that BBB is the minnimum requirement, but they also say that these grades may increase due to competition. Personally I dont think I will apply to Birmingham again because BBB just wont be good enough, however yout ABB might be. Its a tough call.
Original post by Cravez
their threshold this year for A levels was AAB+
I got BBB at A level, a first in my undergrad (biomed) and am currently doing an MSc. I got a rejection without interview and I think it was probably due to my A levels.
They do say on their website that BBB is the minnimum requirement, but they also say that these grades may increase due to competition. Personally I dont think I will apply to Birmingham again because BBB just wont be good enough, however yout ABB might be. Its a tough call.

Thanks for your reply. Ahh that's a shame because I really wanted to go to Bham, but its probably too risky. Good luck with getting an offer :smile:
Hello :smile:

I'm looking into applying for Birmingham in the next application cycle (2016 entry) and was wondering if I had any chance? I have a First in a Medical Science degree and A*AAB at A-level but my GCSE's aren't great (1A*, 4As, 4Bs, 3Cs). Will my GCSE's put me at a massive disadvantage? Particularly as my English GCSE is a B :/

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending