The Student Room Group

HISTORY AS level

Hey guys,
I really need help with how to answer 40 mark questions. Unfortunately for me my teacher doesn't really help me. So i was wondering how do you answer the 40 mark question with a formulaic approach and how to integrate the sources as a set and also complete the nopa? (This is edexcel As history)

Also please can you also explain to me how to achieve high level 4 in the 20 mark source questions too using a formulaic and prepared approach. Thank you :-) :-)
Original post by Crapateducation
Hey guys,
I really need help with how to answer 40 mark questions. Unfortunately for me my teacher doesn't really help me. So i was wondering how do you answer the 40 mark question with a formulaic approach and how to integrate the sources as a set and also complete the nopa? (This is edexcel As history)

Also please can you also explain to me how to achieve high level 4 in the 20 mark source questions too using a formulaic and prepared approach. Thank you :-) :-)

Hey, I'm not one to give you an examiner fresh markscheme, however, I do AS Edexcel History and have averaged As in the 40 markers.

(I'm doing the Nationalist Challenge in India, option D)

Intro
- Briefly explain the question;
- Define any key words;
- Give an opinion which you can sustain;
- Link immediately to a source(s).

Main
- Constantly refer to sources;
- Always start with an opposing point (i.e some believe...), and then counter it with what you think (i.e however I believe);
- Do this for about 3-4 points over 2-3 paragraphs;
- Make sure you're using sources in every sentence if you can, and then always explain how they support your own or the opposing point.

Conclusion
- Refer back to your opinion in the intro;
- Summarise;
- Explain the weight you'd give to each of the sources.

Quick Reply

Latest