The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ypvvcf

Kicks the living crap out of your mates at a cheaper price.

Buy those bits build it. Then pop your hard drive in from your current pc as a secondary. Job done.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 21
Welcome to the PCMasterRace

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Would cost about £600 ish if you went out and bought all the parts brand new (assuming you could find all of them, can't find anywhere that sells that CPU any more for example). Not worth £600 second hand.

Not even that. Ive put up a list of parts that nails that one for £50 less. Brand new.

Id say that machine his mate is selling is worth £300 max.
Reply 23
Original post by Sam Walters
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ypvvcf

Kicks the living crap out of your mates at a cheaper price.

Buy those bits build it. Then pop your hard drive in from your current pc as a secondary. Job done.

I have a similar PC with the same GPU, CPU cooler and case
Reply 24
I have a "gaming" PC, and i find that i never use it for gaming. Mainly cause my PS4 has games that interest me more and also because playing with a keyboard and mouse is not appealing at all. After I spent £600 on it I realised how much of a waste it is to actually buy a pc just for gaming, although it performs pretty well in other areas such as photo editing etc.
This is to say think carefully before buying a gaming pc, or even worse, aplying for finance and ending up paying a lot of money for something you don't use for its intended purpose :smile:
Reply 25
Not even that. Ive put up a list of parts that nails that one for £50 less. Brand new.

where is the list of parts m8?
Original post by lilyobz

Mobo: z97 Msi atx gamer edition
Cpu: I5 2320 @3.3ghz

Actually there's more of a problem - that spec can't be right anyway as the Z97 uses the LGA 1150 chipset so is not compatible with the i5-2320 as that uses the 1155 chipset.
Original post by lilyobz
where is the list of parts m8?

Click on the link mate
Actually there's more of a problem - that spec can't be right anyway as the Z97 uses the LGA 1150 chipset so is not compatible with the i5-2320 as that uses the 1155 chipset.

Its been a while since ive been really into my pc`s so im not in touch with all the current inn`s and outs. But it seems as if the op`s mate is trying to rip him off further.
Reply 29
Click on the link mate

wow, that is a rlly good build, considering its £50 cheaper. thanks alot Sam :smile:
Its been a while since ive been really into my pc`s so im not in touch with all the current inn`s and outs. But it seems as if the op`s mate is trying to rip him off further.

He could just plain be mistaken... but yeah, a motherboard that would support that processor is going to be worth a good £50 less than a Z97.
Original post by Hectors
also because playing with a keyboard and mouse is not appealing at all.

You can use controllers instead with 99% of non-RTS games, I absolutely suck with a keyboard and mouse so I bought an Xbox 360 controller and haven't had any issues. Using playstation controllers isn't quite as simple as plug-and-play, but still really easy with different software.

After I spent £600 on it I realised how much of a waste it is to actually buy a pc just for gaming

Well it is if you already have a £300 console with games you prefer. If somebody doesn't already have a console then it can make just as much sense to have one more powerful machine as it would to split it between a console and a low end laptop/PC.
Reply 32
He could just plain be mistaken... but yeah, a motherboard that would support that processor is going to be worth a good £50 less than a Z97.

any suggestions for a good budget monitor?
Reply 33

"CliCorsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case has front panel USB 3.0 ports, but the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard does not have onboard USB 3.0 headers.ck on the link mate
"

what does this in the compatibility notes mean?
"
Reply 34
Original post by Hectors
I have a "gaming" PC, and i find that i never use it for gaming. Mainly cause my PS4 has games that interest me more and also because playing with a keyboard and mouse is not appealing at all. After I spent £600 on it I realised how much of a waste it is to actually buy a pc just for gaming, although it performs pretty well in other areas such as photo editing etc.
This is to say think carefully before buying a gaming pc, or even worse, aplying for finance and ending up paying a lot of money for something you don't use for its intended purpose :smile:

PS4 is not better than PC. Keyboard and mouse is better than controller for FPS games you should learn how to use it. I use my PS3 controller to play a lot of games on my PC. PC games are a lot cheaper than console like half price so you save a lot of money.
Original post by al_94
PS4 is not better than PC. Keyboard and mouse is better than controller for FPS games you should learn how to use it. I use my PS3 controller to play a lot of games on my PC. PC games are a lot cheaper than console like half price so you save a lot of money.

You speak the truth
Original post by Hectors

Dont start that debate.

The lad already plays games on a computer and he enjoys it. He just wants a better machine for it.

So would he benefit from buying a ps4 or an xbox one. Nope. not at all. He wouldnt use it. Hes built up his friendship group of gaming pals on the PC.

So think carefully. He has.
Reply 37
Original post by al_94

I never said it's better but i believe it's more handy, and most of the games i prefer are more enjoyable on PS4 or are not out on PC.
Original post by lilyobz
"

what does this in the compatibility notes mean?
"

Simply put mate. The case supports usb3 the motherboard doesn't. Just link them up as normal and it will run in usb2 on the front.

The mobo probably has usb 3.0 ports on the back so you arnt really loosing anything. But if you really want usb 3.0. (I doubt you would ever have a real need for it tbh, i dont and im a geek)
Original post by Hectors
I never said it's better but i believe it's more handy, and most of the games i prefer are more enjoyable on PS4 or are not out on PC.

More handy?

When I was playing on an Xbox360 I ran a xim edge to allow keyboard and mouse and destroyed everyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending