The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Clockwork Apple
I'm looking for a summer internship in a company related to engineering.
Is LinkedIn a good way to find one? Everyone seems to be looking for people who have already started uni and have a lot of previous work-experience! I want to start doing stuff for my CV.

I've been trying to look for work experience in the engineering area too. Having a hard time finding anywhere :frown: as you said before - they seem to want people who have already done a year of university at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't want this thread to end :cry:
Original post by rachelc142
My singing exam was genuinely fun, had the nicest examiner ever he was such a chill dude

Glad to hear it! Hope you get a good result now! :-D
Original post by H.Ibrahim
I don't want this thread to end :cry:

I think someone's going to make a 'Class of 2015' thread:tongue:
Original post by blamethenargles
Glad to hear it! Hope you get a good result now! :-D

Ahh thankyou !! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
I think someone's going to make a 'Class of 2015' thread:tongue:

Yes! that's exactly what we need!
Need to be awake at 2AM today. Should I sleep earlier or just stay up? :redface:
Original post by Bude8
Need to be awake at 2AM today. Should I sleep earlier or just stay up? :redface:

I say go to sleep but I can't really stay up late so that's what I'd do.

What are you doing at 2am anyway?
Original post by Red Fox

The Virts are launching their new deck and celebrating their 10 year anniversary, and they're giving anyone that wants one a FREE deck. No strings attached, but you gotta pay for shipping fees from Singapore, and that's it. After their last few videos went viral I'm worried I'll miss it, so I'm staying up for launch :lol: I'll probably end up buying 6 decks anyway :dontknow:
Original post by Bude8
The Virts are launching their new deck and celebrating their 10 year anniversary, and they're giving anyone that wants one a FREE deck. No strings attached, but you gotta pay for shipping fees from Singapore, and that's it. After their last few videos went viral I'm worried I'll miss it, so I'm staying up for launch :lol: I'll probably end up buying 6 decks anyway :dontknow:

Fair enough. I completely forgot about cardistry:lol:, I'll have to get my deck out and start practising again.
Original post by Red Fox
Fair enough. I completely forgot about cardistry:lol:, I'll have to get my deck out and start practising again.

Learn how to padiddle and gg lol
55 seconds in for a padiddle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W799NKLEz8s
Original post by Bude8
Learn how to padiddle and gg lol
55 seconds in for a padiddle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W799NKLEz8s

Yeah m8 that ain't happening on one hand let alone both at the same time:lol:
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah m8 that ain't happening on one hand let alone both at the same time:lol:

I can do it on my right hand now, working on my left hand. I can barely just spin it on my left hand :lol: I also have callouses on it from playing the guitar which makes it a bit more slippery than a regular fingertip... Don't know if that's helpful :lol:
Original post by Red Fox

Original post by Bude8

I was definitely hoping you were gonna say you're watching wrestlemania :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
I can do it on my right hand now, working on my left hand. I can barely just spin it on my left hand :lol: I also have callouses on it from playing the guitar which makes it a bit more slippery than a regular fingertip... Don't know if that's helpful :lol:

I can't even put my left middle finger at that angle to the first finger. I have a ganglion cyst at the base of it so it won't bend that far. I suppose slippery skin might make it easier to spin but harder to keep the card on.
Original post by Red Fox
I can't even put my left middle finger at that angle to the first finger. I have a ganglion cyst at the base of it so it won't bend that far. I suppose slippery skin might make it easier to spin but harder to keep the card on.

You don't really need it to bend that far, there's a lot of experimenting required to see what you're comfortable with etc. If you have slippery skin maybe you could do a 10 second pirouette?
[video="youtube;GOweBG0zfMk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOweBG0zfMk[/video]
The launch was delayed, still hasn't happened yet, this is gonna be a long day...
Original post by Bude8
The launch was delayed, still hasn't happened yet, this is gonna be a long day...

Oh gosh, good luck!!!
Looking at some threads seeing people are revising for like 6 hours a day already makes me feel like I should be doing more...

Literally have done one S1 paper today and have looked at a few FP1 questions, and probably won't do anymore :tongue:

I'm so failing M3 and FP2/3 :tongue:
Original post by blamethenargles
Oh gosh, good luck!!!

The launch happened at 4:30 and I went to bed an hour before that, ended up waking at 11:30 :colondollar: I think I wasted my time because I was fairly sure the decks wouldn't have sold out... I ended up buying 7 though :biggrin: they're still giving free ones out I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest