The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frigg113
same could be said of cambridge. tonnes of people with straight As rejected, people like physicsmaths e.g. getting accepted with AABD and terrible gcses.

Same could be said of any uni, the unis always have a lot more info at hand than we can speculate on. Ofcourse they dont always get decisions right, certainly oxbridge dont as theyre picking from the top of the top, and the same with warwick im sure.

but it rings true for every course and institution

Not the same. Different subjects have different policies.

why is it not? Cambridge are completely academically focused, Warwick Econ are not - theyre going to have more of the career driven I-Bank kinda guys

********. There's just as much career driven people at Cambridge as there would be at Warwick. Both unis receive the same applicants. :rolleyes:. Besides what would that have to do with anything? These are both highly academic institutions, not workplaces. They're not going to care about your ECs (unless they're relevant ofc), the main focus would be on motivation and ability (grades), the only difference is, as you said, Cambridge have a lot more information on the applicant (UMS, interviews, SAQ), so they're able to make more rational decisions. All Warwick relies on are grades, PS, and reference. Everyone's going to have a high-flying reference so that's a given, and as for the rest I can't imagine them being too shabby given EHZ17 got offers from the 3 other top unis for Economics. It's just odd how inconsistent they seem compared to other unis of similar stature. That's all.

ofcourse you dont. youre butthurt atm

And now you're just being unhelpful. Basing someone's ability on the basis of how many offers they received is just wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Sweet! Yh but come on, you also had 4 As :P. Chinese is irrelevant.

Chinese is completely irrelevant although a useful icebreaker with new people ngl how's camb for you? Legit just read the course content for each module today and I'm feeling pretty intimidated :s-smilie:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Chinese is completely irrelevant although a useful icebreaker with new people ngl how's camb for you? Legit just read the course content for each module today and I'm feeling pretty intimidated :s-smilie:

One sec, I'll PM you :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol M FM is easy A* for me no revision purely to do with STEP (finished the content quite a while back). I need 90 in C3/4 and 85 in two A2 modules and Ive got A*A* and Lile 60 average. I got 100s in my mocks with little/no revision. I do papers every sunday for M n FM so i should be fine. I am starting my Physics notes tomorrow!
Yeh Bro, STEP is like GCSE. Walk in and hope for the best lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much are you revising now mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although further maths is boring, it's such an easy A*, no revision needed at all (obviously will do a few papers before exam but)

Then one of physics or chem... I think chem will be the easier one. Even though physics has low boundaries, I cba writing long answers so
Original post by Elcor
How much are you revising now mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3-4 hours per day now of step stuff and like 1 hour learning M4 etc and abit of physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
3-4 hours per day now of step stuff and like 1 hour learning M4 etc and abit of physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah how can you work so much?! That's like a whole 5 hours a day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umutalberts
Woah how can you work so much?! That's like a whole 5 hours a day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to for STEP. Yesterday i did like 8 hours lol. Mostly STEP. I do a lvel stuff to warm up and cool down lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1568
When did you guys start revising? I started about a week ago and feel like I'm not gonna have time to finish everything xD
Original post by BVN
When did you guys start revising? I started about a week ago and feel like I'm not gonna have time to finish everything xD

Plenty of time left!
Original post by BVN

Haven't started yet since we haven't even finished the syllabus for some subjects :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BVN

#yolo

Posted from TSR Mobile
One sec, I'll PM you :smile:

What's 1st year econ like? :P
Original post by BVN

I was lucky because maths and econ go hand in hand so I completed nearly 3 AS/A2s before interviews :/

English is driving me mad at the moment tho, there has to be some pain in revision, would be very boring otherwise..
Reply 1574
Is it only me or did Cambridge remove the application statistics from its website?
Original post by Pvdp
Is it only me or did Cambridge remove the application statistics from its website?

Yh i think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
These ones?

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics

Original post by Pvdp

Yh i think so.
Original post by EHZ17
What's 1st year econ like? :P

Fun! Content's very interesting and varied, although not all is everyone's cup of tea. You get pushed a lot and sometimes feels like I'm headbutting a brick wall but overall I think it's pretty manageable if you're disciplined.
Fun! Content's very interesting and varied, although not all is everyone's cup of tea. You get pushed a lot and sometimes feels like I'm headbutting a brick wall but overall I think it's pretty manageable if you're disciplined.

Can I pm you some quick questions? not sure if everyone cares about econ in this general thread :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending