The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would take the piss about the bottle job vs Monaco if I wasn't an Arsenal fan myself. Gotta take it on the chin sometimes.
Original post by angelfox
Raheem Sterling wants a move to Arsenal. Time to raid our feeder club Liverpool.

I'm John Cross' source:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-plan-liverpool-transfer-raid-5422654
To be fair to Shed End, his 'banter' is on point about 5% of the time, so credit where it's due.
Again. And I'm the one wumming? ahaha
Original post by fallen_acorns
having 4 home nations all in the euros, would probably be the one thing that could really get me excited for an international tournement again.

Really soured on england over the past half decade, but having 4 countries in it would be great :biggrin: so many teams to watch and cheer for, and would love it if england drew one of the other 3, (or more) in a group :biggrin:

On the contrary, having so many home nations in the Euros would be vomit-inducing for me. The amounts of bias in all commentary would make me nauseous. England have an outside chance on winning it if the big dogs (Germany, France, Italy and Spain) all knock each other out, but the rest are there to make up numbers ultimately.

Still though, better Wales than some team like Greece, eh?
Original post by The Shed End
Again. And I'm the one wumming? ahaha

I was being serious.
Original post by Arkasia
I was being serious.

How was the game mate? The atmosphere looked brill it's a pity the game was overshadowed by dirty tackles and such and oh yeah wtf happened were there streakers or some **** towards the end? I heard that or it might have just been some people who decided to run on the pitch :rofl:. Lucky you I wish I got tickets :frown:
Original post by Arkasia
I was being serious.

*expressing an opinion
Original post by Stefano93
How was the game mate? The atmosphere looked brill it's a pity the game was overshadowed by dirty tackles and such and oh yeah wtf happened were there streakers or some **** towards the end? I heard that or it might have just been some people who decided to run on the pitch :rofl:. Lucky you I wish I got tickets

It was worth it but not the best day. Some utter mug decided to close Arsenal station about an hour before the match so thousands of people had to walk from Finsbury Park (and then back afterwards), around half time the rain was pissing down, and some Brazilians had nicked my seat at the start, so they were screaming "ayayayay" and blowing trumpets before getting kicked out.

It was typical really, Brazil bossed it, Neymar had magic moments, and Sanchez had the **** kicked out of him. The ref was blind as well. One guy next to me chanted "give us a wave Sanchez" when he was walking up to take a corner and he actually did :biggrin: Yeah two people ran on, one hugged Bravo, the other got rugby tackled by some fat security bloke.

Original post by The Shed End
*expressing an opinion

Alright then.
Reply 5889
A lot of us are wanting a south american striker.

Paulo Dybala looks pretty good. Dubbed as the new Aguero apparently lol.. he's still uncapped for Argentina but has "drawn comparisons" to Messi and Aguero.

Looks quite good as a future prospect tbh..

[video="youtube;QP8YWoLoGTI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8YWoLoGTI[/video]
Original post by Arkasia
On the contrary, having so many home nations in the Euros would be vomit-inducing for me. The amounts of bias in all commentary would make me nauseous. England have an outside chance on winning it if the big dogs (Germany, France, Italy and Spain) all knock each other out, but the rest are there to make up numbers ultimately.

Still though, better Wales than some team like Greece, eh?

I wouldn't really rate Spain or Italy as complete big dogs any more, both are second in their group to complete poverty sides (Slovakia and Croatia), but then again so are Germany.

I'd go as far as saying France are favourites, their team is simply brilliant and signs of progress were shown in WC, as well as home advantage.

Tbh, on their day England should beat Italy or Spain, we should be aiming for at least Semis if not final, anything less and Woy should be sacked.

It'd be interesting to see what pots all the home nations would be in if they all progressed, if all the other 3 were in pot D (probable), it'd be more likely that we'd (England) get drawn against one of them than not
Wales vs England would be a meltdown for us Gooners, imagine the scenes as it's Wilshere vs Ramsey.
Original post by angelfox
Wales vs England would be a meltdown for us Gooners, imagine the scenes as it's Wilshere vs Ramsey.

you just know they would both end up running into each other, and both getting injured..
Original post by leinad2012
I wouldn't really rate Spain or Italy as complete big dogs any more, both are second in their group to complete poverty sides (Slovakia and Croatia), but then again so are Germany.

I'd go as far as saying France are favourites, their team is simply brilliant and signs of progress were shown in WC, as well as home advantage.

Tbh, on their day England should beat Italy or Spain, we should be aiming for at least Semis if not final, anything less and Woy should be sacked.

It'd be interesting to see what pots all the home nations would be in if they all progressed, if all the other 3 were in pot D (probable), it'd be more likely that we'd (England) get drawn against one of them than not

You don't rate Spain? It's only one WC they flopped they are still Euro 2012 holders. If you think England is better than Spain then you should go and live moon!
Original post by al_94
You don't rate Spain? It's only one WC they flopped they are still Euro 2012 holders. If you think England is better than Spain then you should go and live moon!

I'm not saying we're better, but an England team on their day should be beating Spain when they're playing average. It's not just the WC, when the going gets tough they have no plan B. Teams have started to figure them out and they're too set in their ways to alter their system
I'm not saying we're better, but an England team on their day should be beating Spain when they're playing average. It's not just the WC, when the going gets tough they have no plan B. Teams have started to figure them out and they're too set in their ways to alter their system

That's the definition of a top team. Spain need an off day and the opponent to have the whole team on song and a bit of luck.

Spain have so much quality, heck even their bench would make most teams in the world.

England will lose to the first good team and lose. I don't think England will beat Italy tomorrow.
Top teams can win a World Cup and be excused for crashing out of the next World Cup early, whereas a team that has never won a World Cup but went close several times just doesn't have what it takes to last the distance
Original post by Icecream1
That's the definition of a top team. Spain need an off day and the opponent to have the whole team on song and a bit of luck.

Spain have so much quality, heck even their bench would make most teams in the world.

England will lose to the first good team and lose. I don't think England will beat Italy tomorrow.

Nah, Spain don't need an 'off day' for us to beat them, I'm not saying they aren't a good team, but they certainly won't be favourites next year. If I was guessing the final now (assuming any combination of teams is possible), I'd pick Germany vs France, with England Spain and Italy fighting for the other 2 semi final places.
Nah, Spain don't need an 'off day' for us to beat them, I'm not saying they aren't a good team, but they certainly won't be favourites next year. If I was guessing the final now (assuming any combination of teams is possible), I'd pick Germany vs France, with England Spain and Italy fighting for the other 2 semi final places.

You're vastly over-estimating the England team. England are ****. Even if Spain and Italy aren't favourites for the final, they're still far superior to England.
Original post by e aí rapaz
You're vastly over-estimating the England team. England are ****. Even if Spain and Italy aren't favourites for the final, they're still far superior to England.

Genuinely think Wales could turn us over, if they qualify they'll get further than us.

Latest