The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Since 1987 really.

Fancy yourselves to get a result tomorrow at Peterborough?

Our away form is our only salvation so we pretty much have to, but our defence is so poor I worry for us going there. The Ricoh pitch is atrocious, no home advantage playing there at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really strange being part of the international break. And FC United's match has been called off cos of weather.
Big win for Coventry away at Peterborough who could have made the play-offs if they won. It gives them a 3 point cushion from the relegation zone now but teams like Crewe and Scunthorpe are closer.
I forgot how many points Hartlepool were adrift at one stage..
Not strictly football league, but it's lower league regardless. Northwood's match with Bedworth United was postponed and abandoned today after the referee gave too many red cards out after a mass brawl.

Huge win for Leyton Orient today.
Original post by Icecream1
Big win for Coventry away at Peterborough who could have made the play-offs if they won. It gives them a 3 point cushion from the relegation zone now but teams like Crewe and Scunthorpe are closer.

Huge result but we aren't out of the woods yet. Apparently a horrible game but the win is all that counts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Not strictly football league, but it's lower league regardless. Northwood's match with Bedworth United was postponed and abandoned today after the referee gave too many red cards out after a mass brawl.

Huge win for Leyton Orient today.

Considering it's Bedworth I'm surprised it started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 wins on the bounce for Hartlepool has lifted them out of the relegation zone.

Big win for York City, 4-1 after having a man sent off when they were 2-0 up. They need survival if they're to get this new stadium project off the ground.
What a goal by Ball for Fleetwood!
Fantastic double header on Good Friday; Ipswich vs Bournemouth at 17:15 & Derby vs Watford at 19:45

Swindon play MK Dons on Saturday at 12:30

And on Easter Monday it's Watford vs Middlesbrough at 12:30 & Wolves vs Leeds at 17:15

(With Palace & Man City on MNF at 20:00) all on Sky Sports 1
Original post by Midlander
Huge result but we aren't out of the woods yet. Apparently a horrible game but the win is all that counts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saw the highlights, Coventry just need to survive. The goal was a bit lucky in the way it fell to Turgot.
Saw the highlights, Coventry just need to survive. The goal was a bit lucky in the way it fell to Turgot.

Took it well, though. Especially as he hasn't been given much of a chance as of yet. Got to grab opportunities with both hands, and he did that today! Fair play to him.

I think we are well overdue a bit of luck. Crucial game against Orient next week, 3 more wins from the next 7 should see us safe I feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think we are well overdue a bit of luck. Crucial game against Orient next week, 3 more wins from the next 7 should see us safe I feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huge match really. If you win, aren't you 9 points clear of Orient?
Original post by Mackay
Took it well, though. Especially as he hasn't been given much of a chance as of yet. Got to grab opportunities with both hands, and he did that today! Fair play to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cov are simply not scoring enough and have to take every chance they can, I think they can survive. He took his chance well.

I can see 12-14 points from the next possible 21 being enough.
4 home games, which haven't been "home games" so need to pick up points at home.
Cov are simply not scoring enough and have to take every chance they can, I think they can survive. He took his chance well.

4 home games, which haven't been "home games" so need to pick up points at home.

Colchester and Yeovil are certs for the drop, and if Orient fail to beat Cov this midweek, they are as good as down too.

It's one from Crawley, Notts County, Scunthorpe, Coventry, Crewe and Walsall.
Walsall will stop up they have a great manager in Dean Smith
There's still 7/8 matches, imagine if Colchester went on a Hartlepool-esque run & won their next 4 in a row. I really do love the lower leagues, there's so many uncertainties. Leyton Orient & Wigan both realistically looking at relegation? Who would've predicted that in the summer?
Original post by Mackay
Huge match really. If you win, aren't you 9 points clear of Orient?

I think it's 7 points clear of them if we win but they still have a game in hand. If we lose it's the unenviable position of 1 point clear and they still have the game in hand-we have to draw at an absolute minimum.

We have Pressley's ultra-negative mindset to thank for our poor 'goals for' column, but Mowbray is slowly trying to change the attitude of the side to be more forward thinking and we have scored in every one of his games in charge I believe. I think our run-in is favourable and we should do it, but the buggers don't half make your nerves wrangle in the process.
Original post by TornadoGR4
There's still 7/8 matches, imagine if Colchester went on a Hartlepool-esque run & won their next 4 in a row. I really do love the lower leagues, there's so many uncertainties. Leyton Orient & Wigan both realistically looking at relegation? Who would've predicted that in the summer?

Can't see Wigan making it out if I'm brutally honest.

Quick Reply

Latest