The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4060
Original post by IDukem
Did she refer to you by name or just heavily implied that it was about you?

Either way, if it is about you then it says more about her than it does about you :smile:

Not by name but she was obviously speaking to a friend who wouldn't have known my name because she mentioned her new job and then was talking about the flat and I am the only male here, so 'he' could only be me.

Yeah, I know that kind of behaviour is generally just due to ignorance and I doubt she meant any harm by it but I guess it just makes you feel bad. Due to circumstances, I got this room and didn't get to choose flatmates and it will be a while before I can move again but it would be nice in the absence of knowing anyone here to at least have flatmates on my wavelength.

Spoiler

How find out, whether mind is only playing tricks or one is simply right...:frown:
It's 3.30pm and I've finally managed to drag myself out of bed. :sigh:

Original post by Nathanielle
How find out, whether mind is only playing tricks or one is simply right...:frown:

Have you got anyone you can reality check with?
sick of the amount of needless hate and ignorance in this world. there isn't a day that goes by where I don't feel alienated and distanced from the majority of the people that walk this earth. no wonder we live in such a ****ed up place.
I'm hating myself so much for always worrying and frantically panicking about academic performance because it puts me off all my revision to the point where I always end up cramming which is 10x more stressful :frown: I wish I could just disappear and cry for a long while. I don't understand why I define all my self worth with grades because it just adds a lot of pressure :frown: *sighs*
Hello, had a sucky anxiety paralysis/depression day but I'm feeling a bit better now :smile: Sending love to everyone here <3
Original post by such_a_lady
Hello, had a sucky anxiety paralysis/depression day but I'm feeling a bit better now :smile: Sending love to everyone here <3

:lovehug:

Have sent you a message on Facebook - reply if chatting would help. I'll be up for a little while, just in case you message :smile:
:sigh: gotta try get to the drs tomorrow to get pain killers, but luckily just realised i dont actually have enough quetiapine to last me so need more of that aswell!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
:sigh: gotta try get to the drs tomorrow to get pain killers, but luckily just realised i dont actually have enough quetiapine to last me so need more of that aswell!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good thing you realised that now, at least. I'm always coming back from a GP appointment realising that I forgot to say/ask for something :colondollar:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Good thing you realised that now, at least. I'm always coming back from a GP appointment realising that I forgot to say/ask for something :colondollar:

Id have just gone to the drs at my mums, they love me there anyway :wink:
Last year i ran out of meds up there so had to go and mum got me in to see the nurse and instead of giving me a few days worth she gave me a full months worth :woo:

Hoping i get some strong painkillers though! Only on day 3 and sick of being in agony!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Id have just gone to the drs at my mums, they love me there anyway :wink:
Last year i ran out of meds up there so had to go and mum got me in to see the nurse and instead of giving me a few days worth she gave me a full months worth :woo:

Hoping i get some strong painkillers though! Only on day 3 and sick of being in agony!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: Sounds like a good nurse :ahee:

Huge hugs for the pain though :jumphug:
Kind of wondering if i should just give up with recovery even though i haven't really started? just cant seem to get out of this negative thought pattern and with my birthday coming up/having to go home see my parents/brother i'm not coping. don't know how much more i can deal with this. :cry:
Feeling quite upset tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:eek: Sounds like a good nurse :ahee:

Huge hugs for the pain though :jumphug:

Shes lovely, pretty sure shes been there since i was tiny! She was my asthma nurse when i was ickle! But she shouts at my mummy sometimes for eating too much chocolate :tongue: (apparently thats a thing, who knew :wink:)

Thanks, its becoming rediculous and iv got another 2 weeks left most likely :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
Kind of wondering if i should just give up with recovery even though i haven't really started? just cant seem to get out of this negative thought pattern and with my birthday coming up/having to go home see my parents/brother i'm not coping. don't know how much more i can deal with this. :cry:

I don't think you should give up. I genuinely do believe you can get better with the right help and a lot of hard work on your part :yes:

(Btw we can start PMing again if you want - I can't sleep and laptop is finally behaving)

Original post by james1211
Feeling quite upset tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:

Shes lovely, pretty sure shes been there since i was tiny! She was my asthma nurse when i was ickle! But she shouts at my mummy sometimes for eating too much chocolate :tongue: (apparently thats a thing, who knew :wink:)

Thanks, its becoming rediculous and iv got another 2 weeks left most likely :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No such thing as too much chocolate :hmmm:
I don't think you should give up. I genuinely do believe you can get better with the right help and a lot of hard work on your part :yes:

(Btw we can start PMing again if you want - I can't sleep and laptop is finally behaving)

Not sure what i'd say tbh, everything is just a mess. :frown: but thank you. :hugs:

:console:

No such thing as too much chocolate :hmmm:

Thats what i thought! I knew she was lying :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
time to try and ignore my skin long enough to get to sleep :/ it hurts constantly these days :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any trichsters here?? Had a few episodes today, triggered, I think, by a slight-tiny-breakdown I had when trying to do some work earlier. I really am not in the correct mental state to be doing exams right now. I am not.

Original post by Odd socks
time to try and ignore my skin long enough to get to sleep :/ it hurts constantly these days :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sending hugs (if you want them of course) :frown: