The Student Room Group

how to study for A -levels

hey guys, im gonna take A levels course on June. so whoever is currently doing or have done their A levels, please share something on it : steps, study guide, do's and dont', anything that will help me out with this. Im taking four subjects, Biology, chemistry, physics and maths. if you know any video links or resources that can help me out, please do share. thanks guys :wink:
Are you taking your AS Level exams in June or are you starting the AS Level course in June?
if you just started revising now for your exams this june.. there's a high probability that you'll get rekt....
Reply 3
im starting AS LEVEL course this june

Original post by chantellerose
Are you taking your AS Level exams in June or are you starting the AS Level course in June?
Reply 4
actually im starting the course this june, not sitting for the exams yet
:smile:

Original post by Bustamove
if you just started revising now for your exams this june.. there's a high probability that you'll get rekt....
Original post by tanissha
im starting AS LEVEL course this june

Ok :smile: I'm taking the same subjects now that you will be taking in June with the exception of biology (I take art instead).
After each lesson I advise you write up your notes in neat, use your revision guide and textbook to add more to them, not only does this refresh your mind about what you learnt in class that day it also means you have notes to revise from for tests and the final exams.
Do your homework the day you get it, you probably here this a lot already but it will seriously make your life a lot easier when you have no homework to do, it also means if you get stuck you have time to find a teacher or classmates that can help.
Everybody works differently but with chemistry, physics and maths the key to them is doing lots of practice questions, some textbooks have loads of practice questions to do. Also do all the past papers for each subject, look carefully at what they're asking for in the mark scheme on those questions you got wrong and also print off and read through the examiners reports :smile:

You may find other techniques work for you such as mind maps, flashcards etc but if a revision technique isn't making you remember anything, move onto another technique or do a past paper.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 7
thanks alot for your information, ill try it out. chemistry is the one i have to spend alot of time on. hope the technique works. :smile:

Original post by chantellerose
Ok :smile: I'm taking the same subjects now that you will be taking in June with the exception of biology (I take art instead).
After each lesson I advise you write up your notes in neat, use your revision guide and textbook to add more to them, not only does this refresh your mind about what you learnt in class that day it also means you have notes to revise from for tests and the final exams.
Do your homework the day you get it, you probably here this a lot already but it will seriously make your life a lot easier when you have no homework to do, it also means if you get stuck you have time to find a teacher or classmates that can help.
Everybody works differently but with chemistry, physics and maths the key to them is doing lots of practice questions, some textbooks have loads of practice questions to do. Also do all the past papers for each subject, look carefully at what they're asking for in the mark scheme on those questions you got wrong and also print off and read through the examiners reports :smile:

You may find other techniques work for you such as mind maps, flashcards etc but if a revision technique isn't making you remember anything, move onto another technique or do a past paper.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 8
thanks you for the link. its a new technique to practice. will be handy for exam seasons.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bustamove

this is not true
Original post by crayolaguy
this is not true

Agree.

Quick Reply

Latest