The Student Room Group

Swansea GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
I think they try to call but sometimes it's email or track. During the summer, when they'll need responses urgently, I think it's entirely phone call.
Original post by Zorg
I think they try to call but sometimes it's email or track. During the summer, when they'll need responses urgently, I think it's entirely phone call.

Mmm, that is what I thought they said. What if you can't answer at the moment they phone?
hi there,
I h have a interview for swansea next week, and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what to study and everything
many thanks
Reply 463
Does anybody know the start date this year? I'm getting a travelling urge so want to squeeze some in :smile:
Original post by lottiex24
hi there,
I h have a interview for swansea next week, and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what to study and everything
many thanks

I thought all the interviews were finished in January for this year!

Original post by BD7391
Does anybody know the start date this year? I'm getting a travelling urge so want to squeeze some in :smile:

It's 14th sept according to their website, but there is an addendum which states session dates may be extended for medicine programmes. Probably best to call the med school before booking anything...
Reply 465
An email was sent out with term dates. Will take a look later, but the year starts on 31st August if I recall correctly. It being a bank holiday it will actually start on the 1st Sept though.

EDIT:
Original post by BD7391

As promised:

The term dates for 2015/2016 are expected to be:

Term 1 *31/08/2015 - 18/12/2015
Term 2 04/01/2016 - 29/04/2016
Term 3 09/05/2016 - 22/07/2016

*Monday 31/08/2015 is August bank holiday, students start Tuesday 01/09/2015

Please note that these dates are provisional and may be subject to change.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 466
As helpful as ever Zorg, I'm obliged. Have you accepted Swansea yet or decided to hold out for the Notts interview? Its in a few days right? :smile:
Reply 467
Original post by BD7391
As helpful as ever Zorg, I'm obliged. Have you accepted Swansea yet or decided to hold out for the Notts interview? Its in a few days right? :smile:

Going to the Notts interview on Mon. There's aspects of both Swansea and Notts I quite like, so to have a choice would be nice.
That said, I've done next to no prep for Notts :/ An offer would be pretty miraculous.
I hear the cycle ride from Mumbles to Swansea is quite pretty though :biggrin:
Original post by Zorg
Going to the Notts interview on Mon. There's aspects of both Swansea and Notts I quite like, so to have a choice would be nice.
That said, I've done next to no prep for Notts :/ An offer would be pretty miraculous.
I hear the cycle ride from Mumbles to Swansea is quite pretty though :biggrin:

Haha don't worry I have been to busy with lab work and gallivanting to see friends last weekend to have done any prep so far. But that is what the weekend is for! Last minute oh god why prep. To be fair if you have done a few other interviews already it should really be a refresher rather than massive prep, it is sort of why I have been so relaxed in my approach.
Reply 469
Original post by TranquilRawr
Haha don't worry I have been to busy with lab work and gallivanting to see friends last weekend to have done any prep so far. But that is what the weekend is for! Last minute oh god why prep. To be fair if you have done a few other interviews already it should really be a refresher rather than massive prep, it is sort of why I have been so relaxed in my approach.

If only this weekend could be productive. I'm working all day today, all day Friday and the morning on Saturday. Then there's the rugby too!
Basically it"s going to be epic cramming on Sunday for an 11am interview the following morning.
Reply 470
Update from Swansea. 36 of the places have now been accepted so they are half full. It says for waiting list people to hold tight as deadline to inform UCAS is mid May. The 'Meet and Greet' event will take place on 5th June.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So has anyone tried to find out whereabouts they are on the waiting list?
Original post by amyyy24
So has anyone tried to find out whereabouts they are on the waiting list?

i'm sure they said that they can't give that info...
Hey there,

I used to have a user name on here last year, but it's not working so I'm starting from scratch.

I hope I'm doing the right thing in sharing this, as I know what it's like to be on the waiting list, but some of the Warwick offers have been made, and Swansea have started making offers to people on the reserve list. I know this because I got a phone call earlier today offering me a place. (Phew! Epic relief!!!!!!)

Anyway, hope I haven't scared anybody who's still waiting. Do hang in there - if I can get in, anybody can.

People with offers: may I ask how long it took you to get your UCAS confirmation or an email from Swansea? I got my offer before lunch, but had nothing by the close of play. I'm a bit nervous, because I had the day off and drove up to see my Mum, who has now told *everyone*. Personally I'm waiting until I know it's real!

Anyhoo, really looking forward to meeting those of you who can make the meet-and-greet in June. I'll be the one who's a good decade older than most of the people in the room :tongue:.

x
Original post by rebeccalov
Hey there,

I used to have a user name on here last year, but it's not working so I'm starting from scratch.

I hope I'm doing the right thing in sharing this, as I know what it's like to be on the waiting list, but some of the Warwick offers have been made, and Swansea have started making offers to people on the reserve list. I know this because I got a phone call earlier today offering me a place. (Phew! Epic relief!!!!!!)

Anyway, hope I haven't scared anybody who's still waiting. Do hang in there - if I can get in, anybody can.

People with offers: may I ask how long it took you to get your UCAS confirmation or an email from Swansea? I got my offer before lunch, but had nothing by the close of play. I'm a bit nervous, because I had the day off and drove up to see my Mum, who has now told *everyone*. Personally I'm waiting until I know it's real!

Anyhoo, really looking forward to meeting those of you who can make the meet-and-greet in June. I'll be the one who's a good decade older than most of the people in the room :tongue:.

x

Congratulations! I don't think I got my offer through on UCAS for a couple of days after they phoned me and panicked that it was a scam until it was official on UCAS!
Looking forward to meeting you in June!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by buttoned.up
Congratulations! I don't think I got my offer through on UCAS for a couple of days after they phoned me and panicked that it was a scam until it was official on UCAS!
Looking forward to meeting you in June!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for letting me know. Glad it's not just me who started to panic. See you in June!

(Yes, I've switched username for a second time. TSR clearly hates me, and doesn't want me to create posts :biggrin: )
Following recent offers / rejections, has anyone rung to see how many are still on the reserve list? 🐢
Hi does anybody know the number Swansea contact you on?
Original post by loukas2993
Hi does anybody know the number Swansea contact you on?

They called me on 01792 602618. Hope that helps! :smile:
Reply 479
Just took my occupation health form to the doctor's surgery for them to complete, to be told it will cost around £50 for the page to be completed. Jeez.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending