The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Firenze26
Has anyone gotten an offer yet from sixth forms or colleges?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

I've got a sixth form place 🙋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got into my top college choice!! Now to just get the grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missaxo
Got into my top college choice!! Now to just get the grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one! :awesome:

I'm sure you'll get them - good luck!
Original post by usycool1
Nice one! :awesome:

I'm sure you'll get them - good luck!

Thank you! Have you got any offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missaxo
Thank you! Have you got any offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid that I was Year 11 a while back, I just lurk on here from time to time to see how you guys are doing. When I was a year 11, I only applied to my own school's Sixth Form and (thankfully) got in. :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
I'm afraid that I was Year 11 a while back, I just lurk on here from time to time to see how you guys are doing. When I was a year 11, I only applied to my own school's Sixth Form and (thankfully) got in. :tongue:

Oooh I see! We're all doing fine I suppose ☺️ what did you study?? Any advice for us all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missaxo
Oooh I see! We're all doing fine I suppose ☺️ what did you study?? Any advice for us all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice. :biggrin: As in, what my GCSE subjects were or...? :smile: I'm currently on a gap year after doing my A-Levels, will be starting university in October.

Hmm...advice... :tongue: It may sound cheesy but try to take every opportunity that you can. I wish I went to loads of events that were organised, (for example prom after Year 11, the ball after Year 13) but sadly couldn't because I needed to travel abroad both times. It can help reduce your stress levels and help pass time both before and after exams when you need it.

In terms of exams and revision, just try your best! There's nothing more you can do than your best and if you do work hard, there is no reason as to why you can't achieve the grades that you want. It's normal to feel nervous and being a bit nervous is a good thing but try not to let the level of nervousness increase to a level that makes life much harder for you. I'd also suggest taking time out to do things that you love just to help keep your stress levels low. I think that doing that is just as important as revision - you don't need to work 24/7 to achieve good grades, rest is just as important.

There are so many different revision techniques people have. There isn't one technique that is best for everyone but see if you can experiment around to see which one works best for you. :smile:

I hope this made some sense, haha.
Cant wait till exams are over i guess thats what keeps me going just to wake up at 1 while evry1 is still at school or work.
what keeps u going?
Just realised I have two exams on days after my prom :frown:. My life is over, I hate the person who choose that date and I'm now constructing an elaborate murder plan.
Original post by Astrtricks
Just realised I have two exams on days after my prom :frown:. My life is over, I hate the person who choose that date and I'm now constructing an elaborate murder plan.

Our leavers day is the tuesday after all our exams:smile:
whos good at French listening, need tips/revision material other than bitesize

We have a year group dinner.... After everyone else has finished their exam and us latin cool kids are stuck wallowing in self pity (ahem i meant revision) for another week.... :frown:
Original post by Strom
English for you right? I have a music creative task in April ��

Yep, English! Doing the same exam?

Have 5 more exams after prom :tongue: Though I'm not bothered, not sure if I'm gonna go tbh :tongue:
Original post by turn-to-page394
OK. Urgh. I hate the people in charge round here. They just make this school worse and worse. And they're basically dictators whom everyone (teachers included) hate. They need to leave before I die of anger and frustration. :frown:

Why do they do this to us. More obsessed with the school's reputation then what the students want. :frown:

I want to get terrible grades just to rub it in that their methods are ridiculous and stupid and DO NOT WORK!

*rant over*

What did they do? :redface:
Original post by Black Rose

What did they do? :redface:

Ahaha, I needed to rant. They were planning to take away a chunk of our study leave...

Everything's better now though cuz they reached a compromise and agreed to only cut out one week. :smile: So it's all good. (Well, still annoyed but at least they listened to our complaints. :biggrin:)

In hindsight, I probably would have survived... I just like to be melodramatic and all that shiz. :colondollar:

Anyways, how are you? :smile:
Original post by Firenze26
Has anyone gotten an offer yet from sixth forms or colleges?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

I have a conditional offer from a college (it's my backup and the entry requirements are quite low) and everyone in my year has a conditional offer from our school. I want to stay at my school's sixth form but I'm not sure if I'll get the grades :frown: What about you?
Original post by turn-to-page394
We have a year group dinner.... After everyone else has finished their exam and us latin cool kids are stuck wallowing in self pity (ahem i meant revision) for another week.... :frown:

I hate latin sources now I need to get in some preparation for the exam with a massive hangover, it's the day after mine. :frown:
I hate latin sources now I need to get in some preparation for the exam with a massive hangover, it's the day after mine. :frown:

I have verse (Virgil). At least I have 5 days to cram it... Although it's going to be so tedious :hide:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm even more driven now
Hey :smile: One question how was the b3,c3 and p3 exams in triple science?
Has anyone here done any of their actual GCSE/iGCSE exams yet prior to the main May/June 2015 season? Just out of curiousity ....

Latest