The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hazza77
I had a look and couldn't find anything, the form should have been attached to our face to face interview email invitation but it wasn't on mine. I am sure if you email HR they will send you one :smile:

Have you heard anything following your interview?

Yeah I got a VS offer three days after my interview
Original post by lyc5060
Yeah I got a VS offer three days after my interview

Ah nice one! which office were you?
Original post by LawStudent30
Has anyone applied for a VS at Blake Morgan?

I was going to but now I'm working im just going for straight TC as their vac schemes seems to be only a couple of days???
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I was going to but now I'm working im just going for straight TC as their vac schemes seems to be only a couple of days???

I don't really understand how it works, two days in your chosen office then the third in Southampton office? I would be applying to the Cardiff Office so Southampton is far to travel to for the third day!!
Original post by ULawAJ
Has anyone heard from SGH Martineau? They said people would hear in March, and there's only two days left ...

I guess the end of march then haha
Original post by bellaghost
Has anyone found out yet from Cooley LLP for the vacation scheme assessment centres?

No, from the email they sent I guess we'll know tomorrow.
Original post by JKRP11
Heard nothing. It's almost like they don't want vac scheme interns this summer...

Yeah, you would have thought that given that they haven't taken on trainees before, they'd have someone in HR really making the effort to show those that applied that it was worth doing so.
Anyone know what the "online assessment" for Weightman consists of?
What was it last year?

At first I thought it was an online test (that's what I was hoping for) but I just realized it could be a video interview :/
Strangely missing the incessant pinging of my email, can't wait till summer :lol:

Original post by MarkSearle
Yeah, you would have thought that given that they haven't taken on trainees before, they'd have someone in HR really making the effort to show those that applied that it was worth doing so.

I think they do have trainees at present. I'm finding their inactivity pretty odd because their scheme is three weeks in July meaning that most candidates won't be able to fit another vac scheme in during July (which is the peak period for vac schemes)

I'm sure plenty of good candidates will have taken up offers elsewhere now.
Reply 4889
Original post by Yazooo
Anyone know what the "online assessment" for Weightman consists of?What was it last year?At first I thought it was an online test (that's what I was hoping for) but I just realized it could be a video interview :/

As far as I know weightmans offered vac schemes last year based purely on candidates' application forms. I think this is the first time they've used the online assessment and the details have been quite vague so far. Guess we'll just have to wait and see
Original post by ULawAJ
Has anyone heard from SGH Martineau? They said people would hear in March, and there's only two days left ...

I haven't heard anything either :/
Original post by liarpoker
Strangely missing the incessant pinging of my email, can't wait till summer :lol:

I think they do have trainees at present. I'm finding their inactivity pretty odd because their scheme is three weeks in July meaning that most candidates won't be able to fit another vac scheme in during July (which is the peak period for vac schemes)

I'm sure plenty of good candidates will have taken up offers elsewhere now.

Must be busy filling in a P45 for the naughty boy doing naughty business in Djibouti.
Original post by Yazooo
Anyone know what the "online assessment" for Weightman consists of?
What was it last year?

At first I thought it was an online test (that's what I was hoping for) but I just realized it could be a video interview :/

It could be but I doubt it

it says 'online assessment exercises' implying the standard tests
Original post by TykeDragon
I think I read somewhere a breakdown of their Vac scheme vacancies.

Ten minutes later.... found it!:

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/true-picture/380/1

I'll copy the paragraph here:

'Placements last for a week and are available in the Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Milton Keynes, Reading, Southampton and Edinburgh offices. Six or seven positions are up for grabs per office, and there are no more than three vac schemers in one location at a given time.'

Do you study Law at Uni of Southampton? If so, what year?

Haha thanks for finding that! That's scary though :frown:

No, I'm from Southampton originally but go to uni up in Leeds, yourself?
Original post by tehforum
It could be but I doubt it

it says 'online assessment exercises' implying the standard tests

What are the standard tests? Verbal reasoning & critical thinking?
Original post by Tudd
As far as I know weightmans offered vac schemes last year based purely on candidates' application forms. I think this is the first time they've used the online assessment and the details have been quite vague so far. Guess we'll just have to wait and see

Yeah, I heard they changed their application procedure. It's a shame I didn't apply last year :tongue:
Reply 4896
I received the same email from Weightmans today - hope all goes well for all of us.
Original post by LawStudent30
I don't really understand how it works, two days in your chosen office then the third in Southampton office? I would be applying to the Cardiff Office so Southampton is far to travel to for the third day!!

I think the third day in Southampton is their assessment day and by the looks of it, they only hold an assessment day in that office? I was a bit confused by it too which is why I decided to just apply for the TC :smile: I don't think it is a vac scheme like the others it seems more like a couple of insight days really - good luck though, I hope all goes well with the application!
Original post by Yazooo
What are the standard tests? Verbal reasoning & critical thinking?

What do verbal reasoning tests normally entail?
Original post by vikkis20
Haha thanks for finding that! That's scary though :frown:

No, I'm from Southampton originally but go to uni up in Leeds, yourself?

Haha ahh I see, nah I'm down in soton, was wondering if you were in my yeargroup!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending