The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miguapa
lolol...so i cannot make analogies, or bring in extra points into this discussion. Tell me where it's stated either here or anywhere that I cannot comment on stuff? because you're the dude? as a dyslexix person, then i strongly doubt that.

look i was just making the point that through my advocacy of the acceptance of gay people, I was by no means making a judgement on people who can not have children or how they should be categorised.
Original post by Tronick
This guy could be your doctor in 3 or 4 years

such is life
Original post by Blazar
The word "greedy" implies that bisexuals choose to be attracted to more than one gender, which just isn't true. Also, bisexuals often have preferences, so they could be 80% attracted to men and 20% attracted to women, etc. Contrary to what you seem to be implying, bisexuals aren't attracted to everyone they see - in fact, I've found that bi people tend to be more selective with regards to who they find attractive. So yeah, we're not "greedy", we just see gender in a different way.

The idea was to wind people up... Mission accomplished.

If I actually thought that I would have backed it up in the first post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dyslexicvegie
look i was just making the point that through my advocacy of the acceptance of gay people, I was by no means making a judgement on people who can not have children or how they should be categorised.

I don't believe that, but there you go..
Mohammed Ali Jinnah was not a hero
Original post by miguapa
I don't believe that, but there you go..

Have a nice day
it is for me now that i know your intent. lolol.
African Americans are from Mars.
Original post by binarythoughts
Mohammed Ali Jinnah was not a hero

Neither was Gandhi. I don't get why India has to be partitioned, just make it a big secular state as it is now.
Original post by miguapa
Neither was Gandhi. I don't get why India has to be partitioned, just make it a big secular state as it is now.

So much injustice happened at that time, it's unreal.
If things had gone differently, I can't begin to imagine the power "India" would've had now
Original post by miguapa

I heard that Gandhi was racist against black people
Original post by Andy98
The idea was to wind people up... Mission accomplished.

If I actually thought that I would have backed it up in the first post

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't wind me up. I just wanted to show that there's no logical reason for actually thinking that, because many people do claim to think that.
Original post by lostwanderer
Higher education should be free

do you even understand what controversial means?
1) Facism had more good idea's than bad ones. Sadly the biggest ones such as racism are the only aspects people remember these days.

2) Everyone should serve in the military and be willing to kill or be killed for their nation to get the vote.

3) Politicians should not be paid, banned from working, although should be supported in a manner that allows them to live comfortably.

4) Democracy is not automatically a good thing, democracies have many negatives that warrant a new partially democratic system being created.

5) Being obese should be illegal.

6) Our military should be stronger

7) People are too unwilling these days for our country to go to war

8) The nation forms a type of Symbiosis with it's citizens. The state should serve the people and the people should serve the state.

9) All education should be free

10) Benefits should be much stricter, although we do still need reserve labour.
-The UK should become a Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy with 12 Federal States, each with their own Federal Assembly.
-The House of Commons should be elected by PR
-Defence spending should be reduced to 1.2% GDP (from 2.3%) and armed forces should focus on defending UK borders and providing humanitarian aid. The UK should leave NATO.
-The UK should become a permanently neutral country (like Austria, Switzerland, Sweden).
It should be compulsory for immigrants to learn English before they can get a job here
Original post by Blazar
You didn't wind me up. I just wanted to show that there's no logical reason for actually thinking that, because many people do claim to think that.

Which is why I used that one. It's so stupid a thing that people actually think it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somegirlcalledea
It should be compulsory for immigrants to learn English before they can get a job here

:yep: same for workers in any country IMO, ever worker should know the native language - makes things easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
white privilege is a actual thing.
Original post by somegirlcalledea

No, that's a terrible idea. The best way to learn a language is the process of immersion i.e. surrounding yourself with native speakers using the language in a everyday way.

Latest