The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

MSc Construction Economics & Management 2015-16

Hello guys,

Anyone having an offer from Bartlett for MSc Construction Econ & Management? I got my offer last week and have decided to join for the course.

I did not find any threads on this course, so decided to start one..Hoping to meet prospective batch mates here..

Cheers

SV
Hi there,

I got a phone interview for this course tomorrow. just wondering can you give me some advice about the interview?

Best,

Charley
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Charleyzhu
Hi there,

I got a phone interview for this course tomorrow. just wondering can you give me some advice about the interview?

Best,

Charley

Hi Charley,

I did not have any phone interview. Therefore I'm not aware. BTW what do you do? Do you have any work experience?

Regards,

SV
Original post by Vinuz89
Hi Charley,

I did not have any phone interview. Therefore I'm not aware. BTW what do you do? Do you have any work experience?

Regards,

SV

Hi SV,

I am currently at my final year in cardiff university, studying BSc Economics and Finance, average grade is 69% now. By the way, I do not have a relevant work experience in construction industry, but I do have a internship in HSBC bank in last summer, just don't know if my background and internship experience fit the course or not.

Sincerely,

Charley
Reply 4
Hi SV,

I am currently at my final year in cardiff university, studying BSc Economics and Finance, average grade is 69% now. By the way, I do not have a relevant work experience in construction industry, but I do have a internship in HSBC bank in last summer, just don't know if my background and internship experience fit the course or not.

Sincerely,

Charley

I have about 4 years of work ex in the construction industry after completing my bachelors. That may be the reason for not having the interview. Anyways, all the very best for your interview.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vinuz89
I have about 4 years of work ex in the construction industry after completing my bachelors. That may be the reason for not having the interview. Anyways, all the very best for your interview.

Oh i see why. by the way, how do you find the course? useful? interesting? And furthermore, I just want to know what jobs can I go for after the completion of the course?

Best Wishes,
Reply 6
Oh i see why. by the way, how do you find the course? useful? interesting? And furthermore, I just want to know what jobs can I go for after the completion of the course?

Best Wishes,

I personally find the course quite unique. I have always wanted to learn Econ. So thats what attracted me towards the CEM course and the UCL brand as well. As far as the job opportunities go: any financial institution or contracting or consulting firms should be of interest..
Original post by Vinuz89
I personally find the course quite unique. I have always wanted to learn Econ. So thats what attracted me towards the CEM course and the UCL brand as well. As far as the job opportunities go: any financial institution or contracting or consulting firms should be of interest..

how come is the financial institution related? I thought the course is more relevant to construction industry.
Reply 8
how come is the financial institution related? I thought the course is more relevant to construction industry.

Financial institutions like banks investing in real estate, providing mortgages or funding for construction companies, etc. Here in India, I have many friends who work with top banks to help them in making investment decisions in the field of real estate and valuation.
Original post by Vinuz89
Financial institutions like banks investing in real estate, providing mortgages or funding for construction companies, etc. Here in India, I have many friends who work with top banks to help them in making investment decisions in the field of real estate and valuation.

Thank you for this piece of information, this really helps. I did put your answer in the interview just now. haha. I think I will get the final decision in two-three weeks time.
Reply 10
Thank you for this piece of information, this really helps. I did put your answer in the interview just now. haha. I think I will get the final decision in two-three weeks time.

How was your interview? What did they ask?
Original post by Vinuz89

He first ask me about where do I first heard of UCL and the program, and why I want to study in the program. Later on, he ask me what job experience do i have, and finally the next 5 years career plan after the completion of the course. :biggrin:
Original post by Vinuz89

Hi SV, I got the offer from UCL:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 13
Hi SV, I got the offer from UCL:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey Congrats man..are u finalizing UCL or waiting for any other unis?
Original post by Vinuz89
Hey Congrats man..are u finalizing UCL or waiting for any other unis?

i think UCL will be the final decision:smile:
Making an application for Construction Economics and Management MSc at UCL, I would really appreciate your help.
I am struggling with my personal statement don't know exactly what to write! I am completing a 3 years’ degree in Construction Project Management BSc (Hons) , expecting to achieve a first-class honours degree, my dad wants to sponsor me only if I get an offer

Natalie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending