The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

So apparently wanting to get an emergency appointment with your GP to get the prescription to start your anti depressants isn't an ****ing emergency. DEPRESSION ISN'T AN EMERGENCY!

That means I have to wait until the 16th of April AT LEAST to start my medication.

I'm so ****ed off
just got invited to a BBQ with the people I went to the protest with on Saturday :redface: one of them even sent me a message hoping I can come, feels like...well, it's been like 2 years since I last had friends I could hang out with :colondollar:

now to make sure I actually go and don't make a prat of myself...
Original post by CescaD96
So apparently wanting to get an emergency appointment with your GP to get the prescription to start your anti depressants isn't an ****ing emergency. DEPRESSION ISN'T AN EMERGENCY!

That means I have to wait until the 16th of April AT LEAST to start my medication.

I'm so ****ed off

Most drs have on day routine appointments, so they arnt in the emergency clinic. I often phone up at 8am and get one.
The idea of emergency appointments is like things that arnt bad enough for A&E but need urgent attention, like severe pain, infections and the like.
Medication isnt classed as emergency.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
Me! Although I am worse with skin picking. Here if you want to chat?

I am as well! Thank you, I'm new to this thread so will def talk with you about it :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Just back from emergency appointment with GP, who says she's def not trying to kill me :redface:

Hope things are going okay!! Did it go alright?
Original post by furryface12

Not really but oh well how are you
Original post by PandaWho
Most drs have on day routine appointments, so they arnt in the emergency clinic. I often phone up at 8am and get one.
The idea of emergency appointments is like things that arnt bad enough for A&E but need urgent attention, like severe pain, infections and the like.
Medication isnt classed as emergency.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's not, but I've called up since Friday and I keep getting told, no the 16th is the earliest we can see you. It's honestly annoying.
Original post by CescaD96

I'm so ****ed off

For mental health emergency appointments are usually only for when you are at immediate risk of hurting yourself/others - from what I understand. Hope things get better soon, don't give up.

Original post by vanderwoodsen
I am as well! Thank you, I'm new to this thread so will def talk with you about it :smile:

Sure. Inbox is open.

-------

Need to get it into my thick head that I'm not worth anything and that people don't give a **** about me. The sooner i understand this, the better it will be.
Original post by Pathway
For mental health emergency appointments are usually only for when you are at immediate risk of hurting yourself/others - from what I understand. Hope things get better soon, don't give up.

Sure. Inbox is open.

-------

Need to get it into my thick head that I'm not worth anything and that people don't give a **** about me. The sooner i understand this, the better it will be.

:hmmm: you are worth lots! And lots of people give lots if ****s about you :yep: :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
Not really but oh well how are you

PM me if you want? Going to get food in a minute but will be back after that.
Struggling :s-smilie: don't know what's going on but really really low and don't really know what to do.

Edit: also you are worth lots! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway

Not true at all! :nope: :hugs: Around if you want to talk. :smile:
Original post by PandaWho
:hmmm: you are worth lots! And lots of people give lots if ****s about you :yep: :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you

Original post by furryface12
PM me if you want? Going to get food in a minute but will be back after that.
Struggling :s-smilie: don't know what's going on but really really low and don't really know what to do.

Edit: also you are worth lots! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't want to be a burden, but thank you. You're welcome to PM me if you think it'd help?
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Not true at all! :nope: :hugs: Around if you want to talk. :smile:

:hugs: Thank you.

You're all so lovely.
Big hugs for everyone who wants/needs them :grouphugs:

Original post by vanderwoodsen

Yeah it was OK. She said to lay low and keep safe and stress-free and it (the psychosis) will pass :redface: Good to see you in here - loads of fab people in here :yep:
Original post by Pathway
:hugs: Thank you.

You're all so lovely.

So are you! :yep: :penguinhug:
not coping at all :bawling: desperate desperate just cant cope and cannto be conscious and feelign just cant
Original post by ScaryScience
not coping at all :bawling: desperate desperate just cant cope and cannto be conscious and feelign just cant

:jumphug: You wanna Facebook, depending on whether you think it might trigger me? :console:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
:lovehug: Whats up chook? :frown:

:loveduck:

just not coping at all :bawling: hope youre okay

:console: anything that might help? :hugs:
just not coping at all :bawling: hope youre okay

would facebook/phoning help? around all night lovely. :hugs:
Really should have phoned CMHT today but I didn't and now I regret it :frown:

Spoiler

Sorry I'm rambling so much at the minute guys

Latest