The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey I got my offer 3 days ago and I found this out through UCAS track, but I still haven't received email confirmation of this by imperial. Is this normal?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2201
Original post by AgüeroSergio
Hey I got my offer 3 days ago and I found this out through UCAS track, but I still haven't received email confirmation of this by imperial. Is this normal?

yep.. there will be no confirmation email.. just an offer pack by mail at some point..
Original post by tmahmud
How does scholarship work for Imperial? Is it based on interview performance and have they already been given out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's based on interview (And academic prowess in extension) performance. They tell you if you are applicable in the offer letter and you end up writing around a 500 word essay on a topic that is decided and dished out around the end of may, beginning of June time. You then have like 6 weeks to write and submit the completed essay to see you will get the scholarship.
This is the info i've gleaned from talking to them as i'm leaving the country for 3-4 months at the beginning of June and I got one of these scholarship applications! Gonna have a week or two to write it :redface:.
Original post by The_Top_Hat
It's based on interview (And academic prowess in extension) performance. They tell you if you are applicable in the offer letter and you end up writing around a 500 word essay on a topic that is decided and dished out around the end of may, beginning of June time. You then have like 6 weeks to write and submit the completed essay to see you will get the scholarship.
This is the info i've gleaned from talking to them as i'm leaving the country for 3-4 months at the beginning of June and I got one of these scholarship applications! Gonna have a week or two to write it :redface:.

I was recommended post interview and managed to get a scholarship for this year! Wrote my essay over the course of 3 days, whilst on a tropical island. Completely doable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know any good ocr bioligy tutor living around Bedfordshire area?
I've already asked in another bio thread as well
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by timeywimey
I was recommended post interview and managed to get a scholarship for this year! Wrote my essay over the course of 3 days, whilst on a tropical island. Completely doable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm working on camp america full time with kids! Try to find time then :redface: I'll try to get it done before I head out!
Original post by The_Top_Hat
I'm working on camp america full time with kids! Try to find time then :redface: I'll try to get it done before I head out!

Plenty of practice for those important time management skills :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by timeywimey
Plenty of practice for those important time management skills :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I'm having some of those right now :tongue: It'll get done :biggrin:
Original post by adekunle
Anyone know any good ocr bioligy tutor living around Bedfordshire area?
I've already asked in another bio thread as well
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you'll need a tutor if you memorise the correct documents from this page:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1296764
Original post by strugglingstdnt
what offer letter? The one on UCAS or by post? thank you and well done, hope you get it:smile:

The one by post, it's added to the end of that front letter in a few sentences. Thanks! And I hope I do, just have to write well I suppose!
Guys when does accommodation applications open for Imperial? And does anyone know the process for applying? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Cat1996
Guys when does accommodation applications open for Imperial? And does anyone know the process for applying? Thanks :smile:

The start of May
Original post by DCMed96
The start of May

Ah I see, bit of a wait then! Thanks anyway :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-egMQSV2XJY

Imperial's Taylor Swift Parody Video, pretty fun, not sure if its already been posted.
Just wondering if anyone else with a rejection has asked for any feedback from Imperial?

Got rejected a while ago (10th March) but am thinking that admissions will have calmed down enough for them to be able to reply. Even though I will be going to medical school next year I really wanted to go to Imperial sooo badly I want to know just how badly my interview went :/ I knew I hadn't got in the moment I walked out as my answers were terrible. I just want to know how terrible they were....
Original post by kes1996
Just wondering if anyone else with a rejection has asked for any feedback from Imperial?

Got rejected a while ago (10th March) but am thinking that admissions will have calmed down enough for them to be able to reply. Even though I will be going to medical school next year I really wanted to go to Imperial sooo badly I want to know just how badly my interview went :/ I knew I hadn't got in the moment I walked out as my answers were terrible. I just want to know how terrible they were....

Sorry to hear that, I really hope you can reflect on what you have done and improve on that! Are you all set on imperial or just medicine (for other university?)
Original post by DCMed96
Sorry to hear that, I really hope you can reflect on what you have done and improve on that! Are you all set on imperial or just medicine (for other university?)

I was set on Imperial since I first visited it last year. Got offers from Kings and Leicester so accepted them (in that order) as it would have been a waste to turn then down to try for Imperial again when I was rejected post interview. Maybe it would have gone better had I not been last in and didn't have to wait 4 hours but we'll never know!
Has anybody tried to track their DBS application on the website? I have tried this and they can't recognise my number.
Anybody else with the same dilemma?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Has anybody tried to track their DBS application on the website? I have tried this and they can't recognise my number.
Anybody else with the same dilemma?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you firmed because they don't send them off until you have done so
Also from my experience with DBS In the past they take ages
Does anyone know when imperial open after easter holiday? Was going to take my exam certificates in tomorrow but wasn't sure if they are open. Also where is the Sherfield building? Is it the building opposite the SU?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending