The Student Room Group

OCR Computing F451 Revision Notes

Hi everyone,

Seeing as I have now finished Sixth Form, I thought it would be a good idea for me to upload various revision notes I made during Year 12 & 13 which other students may find useful.

The notes I have attached below is a 39-page revision book based upon the OCR AS Computing Module: F451 Computer Fundamentals. They should cover all sections of the course, excluding the section on binary calculations. I sat this exam 2 years ago at a time when there weren't many exam board specific resources for the course and making these notes helped me to attain 95 UMS in the module. I would advise against directly learning the course from this revision booklet but I believe they are very useful for exam revision, seeing as I used mark scheme answers to help compile the notes.

I hope you find them useful :smile:

AS Computing F451.pdf

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
much wow +1
Reply 3
ty
My teacher gave up teaching 2 months into the year since he was retiring at the end anyway and hated his job.
I've been using these notes for months, but I never got round to writing a thank you to a generous person: You are literally my saving grace, you absolute STAR- Thank you!!! :bumps:

Very useful, thanks!
These are seriously fantastic and a lifesaver, THANK YOU! would it be pushing my luck to ask if you have the same for the second unit?
i love u so much thanks i love u
These were VERY helpful.
Thanks for the upload!
Reply 9
Do you have F452 notes? :smile:
Reply 10
Thanks everyone for the high praise regarding these revision notes for F451.
Sorry, I did not make revision notes for F452. My advice for this module is to basically work through all the past papers and even the legacy papers if you have time. I know this may be a bit late but there is one book that I would definitely recommend for the course:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cambridge-International-Computing-Coursebook-Examinations/dp/0521186625/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1402069096&sr=8-5&keywords=cie+computing

It was written with the CIE Computing course in mind, but the CIE and OCR specifications are pretty much identical. My school now pretty much uses this book for teaching the course.
Reply 11
Do you have a link for the legacy papers. Thanks :smile:
Reply 12
2506_Jan2005.pdf
2508_Jan2005.pdf
2509_Jan2005.pdf
2511_Jan2005.pdf
Markscheme_Jan2005.pdf

I have attached all legacy papers from January 2005. 2506 and 2508 are the old AS papers and 2509 and 2511 are A2 papers. I will attach other paper sets when I have properly collated them and have time.
Reply 13
You lifesaver <3
Original post by astro17
Hi everyone,

Seeing as I have now finished Sixth Form, I thought it would be a good idea for me to upload various revision notes I made during Year 12 & 13 which other students may find useful.

The notes I have attached below is a 39-page revision book based upon the OCR AS Computing Module: F451 Computer Fundamentals. They should cover all sections of the course, excluding the section on binary calculations. I sat this exam 2 years ago at a time when there weren't many exam board specific resources for the course and making these notes helped me to attain 95 UMS in the module. I would advise against directly learning the course from this revision booklet but I believe they are very useful for exam revision, seeing as I used mark scheme answers to help compile the notes.

I hope you find them useful :smile:

Have you got A2 revision notes
I mean a reviosn like the As revision notes
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU you're a god :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Do you mind saying what you got at AS?
(edited 9 years ago)
I would like to know if you are a girl so I could lick you out😝
Reply 18
Original post by computing don
I would like to know if you are a girl so I could lick you out😝

Sorry to disappoint your fantasies but I'm not a girl, but thanks anyway for the praise :P

Just to let everyone know I didn't make typed notes for F452- I found it to be a more 'practical' module so doing the pastpapers would be best, plus have a look at OCR legacy papers (xtreme papers might have them ?) and the CIE stuff could be useful too since their syllabus is virtually the same. Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by astro17
Sorry to disappoint your fantasies but I'm not a girl, but thanks anyway for the praise :P

Just to let everyone know I didn't make typed notes for F452- I found it to be a more 'practical' module so doing the pastpapers would be best, plus have a look at OCR legacy papers (xtreme papers might have them ?) and the CIE stuff could be useful too since their syllabus is virtually the same. Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know any useful notes/resources for F452?

Quick Reply

Latest