The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

So my trip to the drs failed epically :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Most drs have on day routine appointments, so they arnt in the emergency clinic. I often phone up at 8am and get one.
The idea of emergency appointments is like things that arnt bad enough for A&E but need urgent attention, like severe pain, infections and the like.
Medication isnt classed as emergency.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was in a quite a lot of pain in my wrist for a week before my doctors could see me... Wasn't bad enough for A&E but this just proves that it sucks trying to get a doctors appointment around me.. :frown:

edit: :hugs:

--

Had a good day today.. :biggrin: I haven't been able to complete much work today but i think i might just give myself a few days to get over the last week i had at my school.
Went from 200mg sertraline and 10mg aripiprazole to nothing abruptly about a month or two ago...don't know how I feel. After a week or two on nothing I took 100mg sertraline and 5mg aripiprazole yesterday because I was feeling angry with everything and was getting brain zaps. I've lost a lot of weight though.

I am volunteering 33 hours a week on all the days Monday to Saturday and hopefully starting accountancy training soon. Haven't missed or been late to my volunteering since I started it last September.

But I'm still getting rejected for jobs. Ticked the double tick box on an application but still got rejected pre interview...was so angry and mixed up afterwards that I went to CAB to ask about suing them. The lady was quite rude and rubbished my suggestion making me even more angry. I was polite to her but was angry underneath.

I have £27,000 which is too much to get anyone to house me and not enough to house myself so I'm trapped with my parents. They're not physically abusive but I don't like being at home...it's quite turbulent there and they are often angry and disappointed with me.
Original post by nohomo
Went from 200mg sertraline and 10mg aripiprazole to nothing abruptly about a month or two ago...don't know how I feel. After a week or two on nothing I took 100mg sertraline and 5mg aripiprazole yesterday because I was feeling angry with everything and was getting brain zaps. I've lost a lot of weight though.

I am volunteering 33 hours a week on all the days Monday to Saturday and hopefully starting accountancy training soon. Haven't missed or been late to my volunteering since I started it last September.

But I'm still getting rejected for jobs. Ticked the double tick box on an application but still got rejected pre interview...was so angry and mixed up afterwards that I went to CAB to ask about suing them. The lady was quite rude and rubbished my suggestion making me even more angry. I was polite to her but was angry underneath.

I have £27,000 which is too much to get anyone to house me and not enough to house myself so I'm trapped with my parents. They're not physically abusive but I don't like being at home...it's quite turbulent there and they are often angry and disappointed with me.

couldn't you use some of that money to rent a place?

---

will respond to all the quotes I got last night later once im home and can use my laptop instead of mobile :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really really low, bad thoughts :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Really really low, bad thoughts :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: tell me what's going on in PM?
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you got anyone you can reality check with?

Not really, would probably be not really understood. Have my logic. And just stayed home doing nothing at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Feeling really low and sucky :frown: no one cares at all ffs
Original post by lauraaaaa

hei, what's up? I am sure, that someone cares. (E.g. we :wink: ) Anything you wished to be able to do?
Sorry I'm not offering to PM those who are struggling - am having a bad night of it. Text sherbet lemons, who was an angel about it. Feeling fragile. Not sure if my blog writing is helping or making things worse :sigh:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry I'm not offering to PM those who are struggling - am having a bad night of it. Text sherbet lemons, who was an angel about it. Feeling fragile. Not sure if my blog writing is helping or making things worse :sigh:

Im around on FB if you want a chat hun, not in a triggering mood for your talk :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nathanielle
hei, what's up? I am sure, that someone cares. (E.g. we :wink: ) Anything you wished to be able to do?

Thank you for responding xx
Cannot sleep. It's not that I can't sleep, it's more avoidance. Because if I try to sleep I will just lie there and think about everything that's wrong with me and my horrible body. So I'm sitting here just twiddling my hair waiting til I'm tired enough so I can just fall straight asleep and not have to think about those thoughts.

Yeah it was OK. She said to lay low and keep safe and stress-free and it (the psychosis) will pass :redface: Good to see you in here - loads of fab people in here :yep:

I'm glad it went okay. Try your best to follow her advice!! I hope it passes :frown: And it's good to hear that, a lot of people who I can actually talk/vent to about things, I think.

:hugs:

Here if you need me. x

I care

Posted from TSR Mobile
That time of day again, time to go to bed and sink to a low and reflect on how bad things seem, even though I know that there are others in much worse positions, as I have seen here and people I know IRL :frown:

Probably isn't helping either that when at home I don't really have anywhere to go, no idea where I could go in the village and going further would require talking about it to the family, then at uni it seems to minor, I don't really want to go to see anybody because I know it will take ages to see the GP, and even though I've been waiting a while to see the "professionals" so should be able to get in there relatively quickly, I feel it's now too minor to bother them about, particularly knowing how long you can have to wait and knowing that by taking an appointment I may be stopping somebody who needs it more.
Original post by PandaWho
Im around on FB if you want a chat hun, not in a triggering mood for your talk :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by vanderwoodsen
I'm glad it went okay. Try your best to follow her advice!! I hope it passes :frown: And it's good to hear that, a lot of people who I can actually talk/vent to about things, I think.

Original post by Pathway

Here if you need me. x

Thanks all :grouphugs:
Chest is still sore after the weekend and I have a school concert tonight with orchestra and band and ugh.
Phoned my therapist via the hospital and brought forward our end of April appointment to next week :colondollar: She can't see me today and is not working tomorrow :cry2: Better than nothing though, I guess. She's also gonna email my nurse to let her know I'm really struggling :colondollar:
Original post by vanderwoodsen
Any trichsters here?? Had a few episodes today, triggered, I think, by a slight-tiny-breakdown I had when trying to do some work earlier. I really am not in the correct mental state to be doing exams right now. I am not.

i ammmmmmmmmm :smile:
doing alright atm but january/february saw me lose a lot of hair, and i only ever really pull my head hair so that meant a receding hairline + bald patches :frown:
the only things i can suggest when you find yourself not being able to keep your hands out of your hair is to tie your hair up into a tight bun if you have long hair, just so there's physically less hair to grab, wear a hat or something like that, keep something in your hands at all times and to keep your mind occupied as much as you can (although if youre anything like me, having a distracted mind might actually make it more likely for you to start pulling...)
hope it gets better soon :hugs:

Latest