The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vee_wuvshugs
Well that's disappointing :/
Can I ask, what is the best accommodation? Which looks the most modern and maintained?

The aim of the green is purely to place like minded people together, rather than have any difference in the flat itself. So for example, if you wanted to visit farmers markets together, share food or supplies etc you could.

Original post by kiksan
Hey guys! Does anyone have any experinve with the Standard Twin Ziggurat Rooms? I am considering this as an option due to financial problems, and i was wondering if anyone know how I find out the person with whom I will share a room with? And as a whole what do you think of Norfolk Terrace? Is it a nice place to live at?

As said you can choose to share the twin room with someone you know, otherwise you'll be assigned with someone random of the same gender.

Most people don't have them as their first choice. However, there is a waiting list for those people to change when a non shared room becomes available and most years everyone decides to stay when this happens as they end up liking it so much and say its definitely worth the money!

The rooms have a study side with a double length or two desks and a dressing side with wardrobes, sink. Each has a bed and there is a divider wall and a curtain for the gap. If you get to attend an open day, they always open up some terrace flats and you can probably speak to the person in the shared room to ask about it, or at least ask their flatmates :smile:

Original post by dorie0807
Does anyone have any information about Mary Chapman court's facilities? How are the rooms? Do they have internet connection and laundry service? I'm considering applying for a place there but there's not much info available on the website.

They have an oven and dining table I'm the kitchen, two bathrooms and a separate additional toilet (iirc They have showers over baths which is a nice extra if you enjoy baths!).

They have internet. There is no launderette, however, each flat has the connection for a washing machine and usually the flat will rent one together for the year which works out at a few pounds month.

The room are fairly spacious with good storage, and the furniture is moveable so you can swap the bed and desk etc. The kitchens also have a small balcony. You can get post delivered there directly. The bus for uni leaves from Castle Meadow, 5 minutes walk away, very regularly. The city centre shops, pubs and restaurants are also on your doorstep, as well as the main road of clubs which students visit.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by kpwxx

They have an oven and dining table I'm the kitchen, two bathrooms and a separate additional toilet (iirc They have showers over baths which is a nice extra if you enjoy baths!).

They have internet. There is no launderette, however, each flat has the connection for a washing machine and usually the flat will rent one together for the year which works out at a few pounds month.

The room are fairly spacious with good storage, and the furniture is moveable so you can swap the bed and desk etc. The kitchens also have a small balcony. You can get post delivered there directly. The bus for uni leaves from Castle Meadow, 5 minutes walk away, very regularly. The city centre shops, pubs and restaurants are also on your doorstep, as well as the main road of clubs which students visit.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! You're a big help. I think I'm gonna go there cause I love hopping from shop to shop, definitely stress-relieving. The rent is quite cheap too.

Is there anybody with the same interest?
Is the en suite accomodations very competative?

Out of topic.. OH I SEE A KPOPPER IN HERE!? TAEMIN
Original post by rolierol

The en-suite accommodation on campus is more expensive then the village. The campus accommodation is bigger and closer to the university and shops though :s-smilie:

Woohoo!! A KPopper going to UEA!!!!

What are you studying?

EDIT: The en suite campus is £130 per week and the village is £114 :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay.. okay.. but the quality of the rooms are different or the same in your prospective..

Yes a kpopper since 07..

I am studying management and marketing how bout you?!

The en-suite accommodation on campus is more expensive then the village. The campus accommodation is bigger and closer to the university and shops though :s-smilie:

What are you studying?

Okay.. okay.. but the quality of the rooms are different or the same in your prospective..

Yes a kpopper since 07..

I am studying management and marketing how bout you?!

From what i've heard, it's all really nice but the campus is more modern. So I'm going to make that my first choice. The some of the village kitchens have also been renovated so right now they're the nicest.

oh wow, that's a long time. Since 13 for me (well seriously anyway) :colondollar:

I'm studying pharmacy.
That seems fair.. thanks..

Yes a proud kpopper since 07..

Going to study management and marketing this september.. how bout you?

What are you studying?

wah.. that sounds soo nice.. but yeah same i think living on campus is better because of their building structure.. i might to the same as well.. i have looked the images of the building they look great..

i know right :biggrin: its been far too long but still FIGHTING :biggrin: wahh now i am getting excited cuz i know there is a KPOPPER there.. much more confident

you must be smart compared to me.. lol.. :biggrin: heh

From what i've heard, it's all really nice but the campus is more modern. So I'm going to make that my first choice. The some of the village kitchens have also been renovated so right now they're the nicest.

oh wow, that's a long time. Since 13 for me (well seriously anyway) :colondollar:

I'm studying pharmacy.

Seeing as the majority of accomodation is ensuite I wouldn't say its competitive. It could be argued that the ziggurats are most competitive based on number of people who put there as their first choice per number of rooms available.

You don't really 'compete' against other people for the accomodation though, it is allocated randomly based on your accomodation preferences.
Reply 4729
Hey, guys wondering if anyone knows, what accommodation is most suited for nursing students?
I'm doing a BTEC so my results day is earlier than A-levels. Does this mean that my accommodation will be allocated before most people's?
Hiya, my best friend is considering UEA so I was wondering if you are able to write the name of someone you want to be in the same flat with on the accommodation application form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I've applied to UEA for September this year and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the pros and cons of the Ziggurat accommodation and the en-suite campus accommodation? If so then thanks! :smile:

I'm really sorry but I just saw the word "k-pop" and had to say this :biggrin: Guess that means there's now at least 3 k-poppers going to UEA xD
J-pop master race
Original post by sarahl13
Hiya, my best friend is considering UEA so I was wondering if you are able to write the name of someone you want to be in the same flat with on the accommodation application form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey. You can ask to be in the same room as someone if sharing a room or a two-bedroom unit, but you can't to my knowledge request to be in the same FLAT as someone. However, it's definitely worth emailing to ask just in case.

In any case, unless one of you ends up in Mary Chapman and one not you can't be too far away from each other, so it is likely to work out fine. If you are in different flats you'll also have twice as many new flatmates between you to make friends with so it's only a positive thing really :smile:

Original post by F Butler
Hey, I've applied to UEA for September this year and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the pros and cons of the Ziggurat accommodation and the en-suite campus accommodation? If so then thanks! :smile:

Ensuite campus
-Own bathroom, reasonable size
-More modern buildings

Ziggurats
-Generally more central
-Cheaper
-Cool buildings
-Stairs of death
-Can be a bit like a greenhouse in the summer
-Awesome views

xxx
Original post by kpwxx
Hey. You can ask to be in the same room as someone if sharing a room or a two-bedroom unit, but you can't to my knowledge request to be in the same FLAT as someone. However, it's definitely worth emailing to ask just in case.

In any case, unless one of you ends up in Mary Chapman and one not you can't be too far away from each other, so it is likely to work out fine. If you are in different flats you'll also have twice as many new flatmates between you to make friends with so it's only a positive thing really :smile:

Ensuite campus
-Own bathroom, reasonable size
-More modern buildings

Ziggurats
-Generally more central
-Cheaper
-Cool buildings
-Stairs of death
-Can be a bit like a greenhouse in the summer
-Awesome views

xxx

Thank you! I'll take the stairs of death into account, haha. Random question, obviously in Ziggurats it's not en suite, so any idea how many toilets/showers there are as there is a fair amount of people? :smile:
Thank you! I'll take the stairs of death into account, haha. Random question, obviously in Ziggurats it's not en suite, so any idea how many toilets/showers there are as there is a fair amount of people? :smile:

The flats have up to 12 rooms in, and each flat has two bathrooms (with shower, sink, toilet) and an additional toilet with sink in case someone needs the loo and both showers are taken.

I've never heard anyone say they've had a problem with taking a shower when they want living there. They arrange it so that different courses are mixed up in each flat, meaning schedules differ, so it's unlikely they'll both be full when you need them. Even then it's probably only gonna be a few minutes before one is free.

xxx

There are two showers and 3 toilets shared between 12 people :smile:
Original post by kpwxx
The flats have up to 12 rooms in, and each flat has two bathrooms (with shower, sink, toilet) and an additional toilet with sink in case someone needs the loo and both showers are taken.

I've never heard anyone say they've had a problem with taking a shower when they want living there. They arrange it so that different courses are mixed up in each flat, meaning schedules differ, so it's unlikely they'll both be full when you need them. Even then it's probably only gonna be a few minutes before one is free.

xxx

Thanks for helping to clear that up for me :smile:. Are you studying there at the moment or planning to?

Latest

Trending

Trending