The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laura57
There are two showers and 3 toilets shared between 12 people :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by F Butler
Thanks for helping to clear that up for me :smile:. Are you studying there at the moment or planning to?

I studied a few years ago! Stayed in the village although it's recently had a lot of renovation work done so has changed a little from when I was there! The ziggurats have also had work done but I believe mostly on the outside, and the number/layout of rooms has stayed the same. Did accomm tours in them a year and a bit ago :biggrin:

xxx
Original post by kpwxx
I studied a few years ago! Stayed in the village although it's recently had a lot of renovation work done so has changed a little from when I was there! The ziggurats have also had work done but I believe mostly on the outside, and the number/layout of rooms has stayed the same. Did accomm tours in them a year and a bit ago :biggrin:

xxx

Ah okay, cool. Did you like it?
Ah okay, cool. Did you like it?

I did really like it, but to be fair I ended up spending a lot of time at my then boyfriend's house (he went to NUA so was in private accommodation). Just because that's how it worked out!

The time I and we did spend there though was really nice. The atmosphere was lovely, very friendly. I spent the whoel first few days there completely and it was cool going between flats, meeting new people. And I loved my little room, very cosy and easy to make your own.

xxx
Original post by kpwxx
I did really like it, but to be fair I ended up spending a lot of time at my then boyfriend's house (he went to NUA so was in private accommodation). Just because that's how it worked out!

The time I and we did spend there though was really nice. The atmosphere was lovely, very friendly. I spent the whoel first few days there completely and it was cool going between flats, meeting new people. And I loved my little room, very cosy and easy to make your own.

xxx

Ah thank you, sounds like it was great :smile:
The course is great for me and I've made it my firm as the people there and general environment was friendly as well as good social life. Do you know what the LCR is like for gigs?
The course is great for me and I've made it my firm as the people there and general environment was friendly as well as good social life. Do you know what the LCR is like for gigs?

The LCR is the best place for gigs in the region- if a big band is going to Norwich it will play in the LCR. Upcoming gigs include The Vaccines, Seasick Steve and Simple Minds, in the past we've had everything from rap to heavy metal to pop.
(edited 8 years ago)

I have seen Bowling for Soup there (won tickets!!!!) and The Blanks (Ted's band from Scrubs).

Coldplay played there while I was a student and they recorded a live lounge in the bar.

xxx
When should i apply for the accomodation?!..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4748
Original post by rolierol
When should i apply for the accomodation?!..

Posted from TSR Mobile

We can't apply yet, but it should open some time next week according to the UEA accommodation twitter/facebook
Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any heaters/ac available in the accommodation? I don't think I can survive winter without one since I'm from a tropical country

Besides, can I access wifi at my own room? or can I bring a wifi router?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dorie0807
Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any heaters/ac available in the accommodation? I don't think I can survive winter without one since I'm from a tropical country

Haha, of course there are heaters and you can access wifi in your room :smile: no need to bring a router

The vast majority of rooms are fairly warm all year round so you'll be fine. In fact it's so warm for most of the winter I haven't even had my radiator switched on!

There is wifi available and you're not allowed to use a router :smile:
Just sorted out my accommodation :biggrin:

Now for the wait.
I'm in my first year living in halls. I'd like to apply to stay in halls for 2nd year but seems like I won't be able to since you only find out if you've got a room in August and I will have to have arranged something definite by then. :/

But just curious, how likely is it that someone applying as a second year would get accomodation? is it very unheard of?

Dont worry, UEA residences are tropical countries as well. It's 10 degrees warmer inside than outside, I swear.
Original post by driftawaay
I'm in my first year living in halls. I'd like to apply to stay in halls for 2nd year but seems like I won't be able to since you only find out if you've got a room in August and I will have to have arranged something definite by then. :/

But just curious, how likely is it that someone applying as a second year would get accomodation? is it very unheard of?

It's a very new thing, it might be only the first year or two that they've let returning students apply to stay in halls again and it depends on how many priority students (freshers & international postgrads) accept their offers. I do know one returning student living in halls but I think most prefer to learn towards house shares.
Original post by driftawaay

It's unlikely, since student numbers are growing each year. Unless you have specific needs e.g. a medical condition which necessitate having a room on campus or a specially adapted room.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx
It's unlikely, since student numbers are growing each year. Unless you have specific needs e.g. a medical condition which necessitate having a room on campus or a specially adapted room.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

They did have spare spaces for returning students and home postgrads this year just gone so its not unheard of
Hey guys! I was thinking of applying for the student village. I've just got the email to apply for accommodation and haven't started my application yet so I was wondering does it matter applying for a house for the student village? e.g. ash house, beech house etc. I'm assuming they are all the same/similar so it won't matter too much will it? are there some that's closer to campus or are they all 10 minutes from campus?

thank you! :smile:
Reply 4759
Original post by DaisyM
Definately go for Norfolk/Suffolk. The rooms are much bigger than the ensuite ones and you get a sink anyway. Like the person above me said, you won't find ensuite accomodation in your second year, and you really don't need it. I've spoken to a few people who live in them and they've said they wish they hadn't gone there; they'd rather have had the extra cash.

There's more people (14 per flat) so you get a better chance to meet someone you'll like.

In my experience, and from information from resident tutors, the ensuite accomodation is full of immature rich kids who cause more trouble. It's not unusual for them to get 30 fire alarms in a term (because some idiot has set it off on purpose, for 'a laugh') whereas in Suffolk terrace we've had one the whole time I've been here.

The layout of the buildings means you can see into other people's kitchens. This makes it easy to make friends in freshers week because you just wave everyone over.

And of course the fantastic view of the lake and the yearly pillow fight (Norfolk Terrace vs Suffolk).

Look on here if you want some photos: http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24226777682

Didn't mean to write so much, but hope it helps :-)

Hi I just wanted to know how many bathrooms you have to share in Norfolk/ Suffolk terrace and also I know you have said the max number of people you will live with is 14 but is there a minimum as well? Also a lot of people have said the rooms get really hot but do you get a fan in your room?
Sorry for lots of questions and thanks for your post its really helpful :smile:

Latest