The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lastlullabyy
Stayed in County few weeks during summer last week, quite nice accommodation and better location than Cartmel, Lonsdale. But then again, to me all college accommodation looks pretty much the same in Lancaster :P Heard good things about County, don't know anyone who picked it and regretted.

Thankyou! Looks like Im picking County first then Bowland second :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by imaanicus
Woop woop Furness4Lyf!!!

Haha yeahh :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 402
Firmed Lancaster now so roll on September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Biomedical Sciences, really excited to go!! What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biomedicine, though I had exactly same year as Biomedical Sciences last year and this year I took same modules apart from one, which I do regret :P I'm in my 2nd year, wish I've finished already. Prepare yourself for immense amount of workload... First year isn't too bad, I got good grades without too much effort but 2nd year... yeah here the struggle begins :P Also, there are registers to be signed during every single class - so you need to watch your attendence :biggrin: Don't think any other department is as strict with regards to that as BLS...
Biomedicine, though I had exactly same year as Biomedical Sciences last year and this year I took same modules apart from one, which I do regret :P I'm in my 2nd year, wish I've finished already. Prepare yourself for immense amount of workload... First year isn't too bad, I got good grades without too much effort but 2nd year... yeah here the struggle begins :P Also, there are registers to be signed during every single class - so you need to watch your attendence :biggrin: Don't think any other department is as strict with regards to that as BLS...

Haha brilliant I've just been told off today for skipping double chem so I'm gonna have to watch that haha

Any tips by the way apart from revising? Do you need to buy any books? Is their a reading list for the summer before October 2015 for biomed? Oh and long many hours per week of lectures? :smile:
Woop woop Furness4Lyf!!!

aw don't know why you didn't reply haha oh well.... guess am the only one on here putting bowland as my first choice :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any tips by the way apart from revising? Do you need to buy any books? Is their a reading list for the summer before October 2015 for biomed? Oh and long many hours per week of lectures? :smile:

I'll send you a PM, don't want to put too much "spam" here :wink: If that's ok.
Reply 408
Has anyone heard back about PPE yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a social work place :biggrin: :biggrin:
Hi Guys!

Heres the link for the facebook page for 205-2016!

facebook.com/groups/338801219653393/
I visited Lancaster University last Monday and it's just a great campus. Lots of new facilities, high-ranked courses, excellent lectures and a good balance between social life and demanding courses. Firmed for the MSc Advanced Marketing Management 2015-2016 :smile:
Original post by jencey.provoost
I visited Lancaster University last Monday and it's just a great campus. Lots of new facilities, high-ranked courses, excellent lectures and a good balance between social life and demanding courses. Firmed for the MSc Advanced Marketing Management 2015-2016 :smile:

well done! I have the same views as you, I think it's such a fantastic campus with everything that you require in sight. the "balance factor " is the one which made me pick lancaster out of all my choices coz you get to have a good time and most importantly concentrate on your degree. it totally awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RestlessAcademic
Hi! I intend to accept the offer in Lancaster for MSc Advanced Marketing Management soon! Do you know of any current students/offer holders for postgraduate marketing courses in Lancaster?

Hey, I firmed last week for the MSc Adv Mrkt Mgmt. Have you? Looking forward to it!
Original post by jencey.provoost
Hey, I firmed last week for the MSc Adv Mrkt Mgmt. Have you? Looking forward to it!

I wanted to apply for the Adv programme as well but I come from an industrial design undergrad and it seems the ''normal'' Mkt one seems more appropriate. What do u think?
I've just firmed my conditional offer to study medicine! Very happy; absolutely love the campus and the course suits me perfectly. Just hope I get those grades now!!
I haven't heard anything from Lancaster since firming though, is this normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FutureDoc1996
I've just firmed my conditional offer to study medicine! Very happy; absolutely love the campus and the course suits me perfectly. Just hope I get those grades now!!
I haven't heard anything from Lancaster since firming though, is this normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done! it took about two weeks after I firmed them to send me a letter which was substantially based on what you wrote on your personal statement, plus the opportunities opened to you regarding your interests. have made a decision on your preferred accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by steelman1000
well done! it took about two weeks after I firmed them to send me a letter which was substantially based on what you wrote on your personal statement, plus the opportunities opened to you regarding your interests. have made a decision on your preferred accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, hopefully I'll get something soon then! Which subject have you firmed? Not sure on accommodation yet...went to an applicant day and loved the superior ensuite in Lonsdale/Cartmel, but the townhouses looked great too!! Guess it depends on how far the budget stretches...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FutureDoc1996
Thank you, hopefully I'll get something soon then! Which subject have you firmed? Not sure on accommodation yet...went to an applicant day and loved the superior ensuite in Lonsdale/Cartmel, but the townhouses looked great too!! Guess it depends on how far the budget stretches...

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah that's right, and I have firmed Lancaster to study Law. haha, really trying to push myself in order to get the academic scholarship (£2000) which is so going to be helpful in regards to accommodation prices. I am currently looking at Bowland and Grizedale, they look quite nice and relatively low prices. so fingers crossed and will hopefully see you in September.. can't wait!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll send you a PM, don't want to put too much "spam" here :wink: If that's ok.

Hi, may I have the reading list for the first year Biomedicine and the timetable please? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest