The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Second year accommodation

Hi everyone, I'm a fresher studying at Bath uni. At the moment I am undecided if I will be carrying on next year with my course. For this reason I haven't sorted out any accommodation for second year as I didn't want to sign a contract and then decide to drop out. So I was wondering if I did decide to stay on my course, would I be able to find accommodation to live next year over the summer? I was also thinking about contacting the university accommodation to see whether there was any possibility of living on campus again next year, although I think that is very unlikely. Thanks for taking the time to read this post :smile:
I think you can only live on the campus if you are a first year or if you have a genuine exceptional circumstance. I am currently looking for accommodation for second year but haven't seen any houses/flats I like so far.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Strong bow
Hi everyone, I'm a fresher studying at Bath uni. At the moment I am undecided if I will be carrying on next year with my course. For this reason I haven't sorted out any accommodation for second year as I didn't want to sign a contract and then decide to drop out. So I was wondering if I did decide to stay on my course, would I be able to find accommodation to live next year over the summer? I was also thinking about contacting the university accommodation to see whether there was any possibility of living on campus again next year, although I think that is very unlikely. Thanks for taking the time to read this post :smile:

Hi Strong bow,

I'm Sam, a current second year student.

I'm living in Oldfield Park at the moment and I know a couple of people who were in a similar situation to you so don't worry, you definitely won't be alone.

It's a lot easier than you think to find second year accommodation off-campus even at the last minute. Some freshers choose to go with private accommodation after they get their results so only have a month to look but still get something. If you are still in the position of not having any accommodation by then, the SU organises house-hunting sessions which I'm sure you would be able to attend.

You need special circumstances to live on-campus in second year, and this is usually restricted to those with disabilities or medical conditions, but if you get in touch with the accommodation office then they will be able to give you more advice.

Hope this helps!

Sam
Reply 3
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi Strong bow,

I'm Sam, a current second year student.

I'm living in Oldfield Park at the moment and I know a couple of people who were in a similar situation to you so don't worry, you definitely won't be alone.

It's a lot easier than you think to find second year accommodation off-campus even at the last minute. Some freshers choose to go with private accommodation after they get their results so only have a month to look but still get something. If you are still in the position of not having any accommodation by then, the SU organises house-hunting sessions which I'm sure you would be able to attend.

You need special circumstances to live on-campus in second year, and this is usually restricted to those with disabilities or medical conditions, but if you get in touch with the accommodation office then they will be able to give you more advice.

Hope this helps!

Sam

Thanks Sam, that makes me feel much better about the whole situation

Quick Reply

Latest