The Student Room Group

Plane crash: Germanwings A320 crashes in French Alps

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
Those two factors clearly do not cause every plane crash, but the evidence is suggesting they caused this one.

By putting in measures to prevent that combination happening again, we can aim to eliminate this kind of crash occurring again.

That much is common sense, no?

Common sense is always a hero? Who can guarantee there will be no more crashes? You can?
Original post by skunkboy
Common sense is always a hero? Who can guarantee there will be no more crashes? You can?

If you actually read posts it would be a lot easier, you know...

I said that by understanding what caused *this* crash and then eliminating those factors by whatever means, we can all but guarantee that there will be no more crashes *of this type*.

Is that really so hard to understand?

Of course that's not going to stop all crashes, but no-one would be stupid enough to think that that is the case.
Original post by skunkboy
Lol. You are lying. Thanks for meaningless replies. Take care.

Lying? About what?
Original post by esbo
Well the at least two in the cockpit rule for starters.

That rogue individual would not have been allowed to be in the cockpit alone under USA regulations, however it is allowed under European regulations, so there is clear conflict of interest here with European authority investigating European failing in secret!!

That is IMO a recipe for disaster.

And there is an inherent problem in air safety if bodies reponsible for air safety are in essence investigating themselves in secret!

Adn of course the secrecy bit is a major problem, it is hard to do a cover up of anything when it is done under the public gaze.

All this two in the cockpit *******s is such a red herring, if a pilot really wants to crash the plane, he's going to crash it. There has been previous suicides like this, where two pilots fought over the controls.

Also, do we really think so 5ft 4, 50kg air stewardess is going to be able to stop/fight the pilot if he wanted to kill her/knock her out so he can down the plane? Unlikely

It's typical of the media, they need someone to blame and ask why they didn't stop it.

The other day when Anna Cross was in the news conference about having Ebola a journalist asks, could anything have been done to avoid it, i.e. was it anyones fault, he seemed disappointed when she said no.
Reply 364
Original post by arichmond64
All this two in the cockpit *******s is such a red herring, if a pilot really wants to crash the plane, he's going to crash it. There has been previous suicides like this, where two pilots fought over the controls.

Also, do we really think so 5ft 4, 50kg air stewardess is going to be able to stop/fight the pilot if he wanted to kill her/knock her out so he can down the plane? Unlikely

It's typical of the media, they need someone to blame and ask why they didn't stop it.

The other day when Anna Cross was in the news conference about having Ebola a journalist asks, could anything have been done to avoid it, i.e. was it anyones fault, he seemed disappointed when she said no.

If the other person/pilot can open the door he can get assistance from the crew/passengers.
The steward could be a 6'6 bloke anyway.
But I would go for 3 in the cabin at all times.

I am not saying it is the perfect solution, but given the choice that is the way I would go.

You can take your chances with the method Germanwings used if you like, in fact I would not fly with out a 3 in the cockpit rule.

Good luck to your with your lone pilot method, I hope he has had a good day!!!
Original post by esbo
I would not fly with out a 3 in the cockpit rule.

You will not be doing much flying then.
Original post by esbo
If the other person/pilot can open the door he can get assistance from the crew/passengers.
The steward could be a 6'6 bloke anyway.
But I would go for 3 in the cabin at all times.

I am not saying it is the perfect solution, but given the choice that is the way I would go.

You can take your chances with the method Germanwings used if you like, in fact I would not fly with out a 3 in the cockpit rule.

Good luck to your with your lone pilot method, I hope he has had a good day!!!

Yeh, the lone pilot really had got a bad track record huh??

Yeh the steward could be a 6'6 bloke, but it all likely hood it's going to be a women who is alot smaller than the pilot, plus, when someone isn't expecting to be attacked, it's going to be pretty easy to attack them.

Well I guess you don't fly then, because there is never 3 in the cockpit.

I think you need to go feed your cats.
Original post by arichmond64
when someone isn't expecting to be attacked, it's going to be pretty easy to attack them

Except that they will get a long warning of such an attack as it takes quite a long time to get out of a pilot's seat (it has to be moved back in many planes) and is an awkward operation, so the stewardess would know that they should definitely not be doing that in those circumstances.
Apparently some reporters got hold of "mobile phone footage" of the last few moments of the flight. Hmm, makes sense if "paspoorts" can also survive a crash
Reply 369
What happens if you get a rouge autopilot, and it won't let you switch it off? THINK OF THE KIDS.
Original post by Scott.
What happens if you get a rouge autopilot, and it won't let you switch it off? THINK OF THE KIDS.

The computers go red in French?
Reply 371
Final moments before the crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDKJ1A_XYqE
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
If you actually read posts it would be a lot easier, you know...

I said that by understanding what caused *this* crash and then eliminating those factors by whatever means, we can all but guarantee that there will be no more crashes *of this type*.

Is that really so hard to understand?

Of course that's not going to stop all crashes, but no-one would be stupid enough to think that that is the case.

Lol. I understood. And I don't think that means can solve the problem. Now you understand?
I heard JSIL hijacked it...
Reply 374
Original post by Good bloke
You will not be doing much flying then.

Indeed you are correct sir!!!
I am in that fortunate position so it is not something I have to consider.
Reply 375
Original post by PPF
Final moments before the crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDKJ1A_XYqE

Interesting, do you think it is real??

I could not be sure with way.

But I am certaily not convince and it is convienient there is nothing convincing on it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending