The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Just curious - can you bring a guest to formal hall, if yes do they have to wear a gown? (St John's btw)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Just curious - can you bring a guest to formal hall, if yes do they have to wear a gown? (St John's btw)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, and if they have brought a gown with them they should wear it. If not then it's not a problem.
Original post by jneill
Yes, and if they have brought a gown with them they should wear it. If not then it's not a problem.

So they can just wear a suit (assuming they don't own a gown) out should they borrow one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
So they can just wear a suit (assuming they don't own a gown) out should they borrow one?

Suit's fine.
Original post by jneill
Suit's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ILovePancakes
Omigosh you do three sciences at HL :eek:

I'm revising Physics SL right now and I'm struggling. I seriously admire you, I don't know how you do it!

Mine is 42 776. I'm not so concerned of the 42 as I am of the 776. I'm worried that I'll end up getting a 5 in French :s-smilie:.

Surely you could ask your school what they predicted you?

Haha thanks :smile: applied for vetmed, so science is fun for me. But i completely agree, physics is a pain.

I did ask, but they just said they couldn't tell me

Good luck meeting your offer! I'm sure you'll make it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an email from future supervisor saying that I should drop any A-levels not included in my offer and now I'm conflicted arghh
We're literally a week away from finishing the content but I think I might have to :frown:(
Original post by cerlohee
Just got an email from future supervisor saying that I should drop any A-levels not included in my offer and now I'm conflicted arghh
We're literally a week away from finishing the content but I think I might have to :frown:(

That's odd. What about your insurance? And what if you want to complete them - seems a waste of a year's studying if you don't at least take the exams at this late stage.
Original post by jneill
That's odd. What about your insurance? And what if you want to complete them - seems a waste of a year's studying if you don't at least take the exams at this late stage.

It was more "you've done so much, don't fall at the last hurdle" so didn't sound that weird but idk.
I don't care much about my insurance cos I don't wanna go there! :tongue:
That's what I'm thinking but so much revision is needed for biology (probably more than the other 4 combined) so maybe it's for the best? :/

Are you doing any easy subjects? I.e critical thinking? If so maybe drop those? Dont drop any academic subjects unless you aren't confident of surpassing your entrance requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1630

Email the person that's going to be your DoS and ask them.

Well just sit the exams anyway, just don't let then distract you from the others :tongue:

Sure you can still pull an A out the bag in it :biggrin:
Original post by Goods
Are you doing any easy subjects? I.e critical thinking? If so maybe drop those? Dont drop any academic subjects unless you aren't confident of surpassing your entrance requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, bio chem maths physics and fm as, would drop bio. I'm not really that confident of surpassing, although I'm hoping to. It's just that there's SO MUCH to know for biology and I've done the fun learning part, now would just be revision? Idkkk

Original post by alow
Email the person that's going to be your DoS and ask them.

Oh yeal lol sorry it was my DoS that emailed me :/
Reply 1633
Oh yeal lol sorry it was my DoS that emailed me :/

If you don't want to do it, don't bother then.
Original post by alow

I don't want to take our chemistry exam this year can I drop it!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alow

Original post by Goods

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you guys speak irl? :lol:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

I doubt it. I only know two Homerton natsci's and my username hints heavily at my real name and neither of them have commented.
Original post by Goods
I doubt it. I only know two Homerton natsci's and my username hints heavily at my real name and neither of them have commented.

It's Saul Goodmannnn
It's Saul Goodmannnn

it's ____ Good___.
Reply 1639
Original post by Goods

Posted from TSR Mobile

If only...

It's not impossible that we have I guess :lol:
Original post by Goods

Any hints at their names? I'll definitely know them :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest