The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
I'm still waiting to hear! Haven't got a choice of stream email though and I guess that's not a good sign at all. I guess I'm just a little surprised about being rejected if I'm honest given I have a durham offer which seemed highly competitive at the open day and I am predicted 3 A*s, not a lot more I could give to be honest!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by economicsrocks
I'm currently deciding between LSE and Warwick :smile:

Choose LSE, much better! :wink:
Original post by Pprice1
I'm still waiting to hear! Haven't got a choice of stream email though and I guess that's not a good sign at all. I guess I'm just a little surprised about being rejected if I'm honest given I have a durham offer which seemed highly competitive at the open day and I am predicted 3 A*s, not a lot more I could give to be honest!

I'm in the same position! But Durham is super for PPE and their PPE course is already well established. Good luck though!:smile:
Original post by LevCrofts
Choose LSE, much better! :wink:

Haha I am tempted but we'll see :wink:
Reply 664
Original post by Pprice1

Hey! I got rejected from UCL too and Durham is my first preference at the moment. But keep shifting between IR and Eco at Andrews and PPE in Durham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 665
I'm still waiting on UCL! Can't see it being anything but rejection this late though.
Reply 666
Would Anybody understand firming durham instead of UCL ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fk2897

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I'm sure everyone understands it. They're both two of the best universities in the world so just choose the uni/course you like the most!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 668
Original post by fk2897

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham's course is definitely more flexible than what UCL's is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 669
I applied in October but haven't heard anything so far :frown: wondering if I will hear by March 31
Original post by neowinx
I applied in October but haven't heard anything so far :frown: wondering if I will hear by March 31

I applied in September and still haven't heard! Hopefully we'll hear by then :smile:
Reply 671
Just got my rejection
Reply 672
Did anybody else get the email to all offer holders? If yes, is it only my feeling that they narrowed down opportunities for courses even more ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pprice1
Just got my rejection

Same here. It would be nice if they decided sooner.
I'm currently deciding between LSE and Warwick :smile:

FFS I developed a mild dislike of UCL for the way they handled the application process.

Good luck with your decision between LSE and Warwick, I'm sure you'll do fantastically wherever you end up.
Original post by Dprince
FFS I developed a mild dislike of UCL for the way they handled the application process.

Good luck with your decision between LSE and Warwick, I'm sure you'll do fantastically wherever you end up.

Yeah same! They are so disorganised and inefficient- it should not take that long to reply to an applicant, regardless of when their deadline is.

Thank you! And best of luck with your time at Kings :biggrin:
Reply 676

Where are you going to go now?

Would Ucl have been your first choice had you recieved an offer?
Original post by fk2897
Did anybody else get the email to all offer holders? If yes, is it only my feeling that they narrowed down opportunities for courses even more ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely! No options in the first year according to the email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 678
Original post by ooftar
Definitely! No options in the first year according to the email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the email only for PPE offer holders ?
Reply 679
That doesn't make sense to me really. Also why do I have have public policy in second year if I'm not as interested in that as in other modules. That's just not what a uni degree is about for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending