The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
What account?

You posted your pic on another thread with a different account and said you would stopping the HAnwar account.
Original post by Hecate99
Ive just sinned so much and i need to repent but i just feel like ive been through this loop so many times

So glorify the Praises of your Lord, and ask for His Forgiveness. Verily, He is the One Who accepts the repentance and forgives. - Qur'an 110:3
Original post by Kadak
You posted your pic on another thread with a different account and said you would stopping the HAnwar account.

No I didn't lol.
I think you have the wrong person.
Original post by beautifulxxx
This is helpful, thank you.
I am not familiar with any books on fiqh...do you know of any I can download? Hard to acquire them as book form/physically atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your just looking for rulings then these fatawa by Ibn Uthaymeen and Al-Jibreen is a good read:

http://idci.co.uk/Fatawa-on-Fasting-Zakat--Taraweeh-1586-d

No pdf though.

Im currently reading the following:

http://www.kalamullah.com/concise-fiqh.html

It has a section on Fasting.

Then their is Sheikh Fawzaan's book on fiqh which has a section on Ramadan:

https://islamfuture.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/a-summary-of-islamic-jurisprudence-volume-1.pdf

Amazing Dua by Sheikh Idris Akbar:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=988506894494617
Original post by Tpos
Unless you did the procedure wrong, no. Things won't necessarily be easy and perfect just because you did something using istikhara because things are never perfect. Perhaps it was a test to increase you, perhaps now is the time to change directions. If you'veasked Allah for guidance and put your trust in Allah when making a decision and tried your best to do the right thing then don't second guess yourself, but continue relying on Allah.

Assalamualaikum! good to see you back :smile:
Original post by Tpos
Unless you did the procedure wrong, no. Things won't necessarily be easy and perfect just because you did something using istikhara because things are never perfect. Perhaps it was a test to increase you, perhaps now is the time to change directions. If you'veasked Allah for guidance and put your trust in Allah when making a decision and tried your best to do the right thing then don't second guess yourself, but continue relying on Allah.

I never thought Istikhara would make things easy. Im just thinking if it has been really bad for me at home, what could have happend if I lived out ? Or like you said maybe this is a sign for the future such as a job or something.
Original post by Tpos
Wa alaykum salaam
1) Not really. The ummah needs more than just doctors therefore anything that helps the ummah is good. Not everyone can be a scholar or a doctor, who would deal with all the other issues that need to be sorted to keep the community afloat?

2) If someone's ego affects their intention the deed will be ruined no matter what the deed or profession.

3) Try to increase taqwa. Remind yourself you're where you are because of Allah (swt), everything can go in a flash. Look to those who are better than you to remind yourself you aren't the best, have good company, look at the bigger picture, like thinking about how big the universe is and how small you are or how many other people there are like you. etc. (these are just my views, I don't remember if they've been picked out from any specific reading or talk by a teacher)

JazakAllah Khair.

Nice to hear from you again Tpos :smile:

Thanks a lot for that information.

I wanted to ask you a few more questions if I could; is film- making a permissible profession in Islam? Or not, because it could be argued that it causes, like other forms of entertainment (TV shows, music, etc), us to turn our remembrance away from Allah? And if so, are there any criteria on the kind of films that one can make? And what about acting?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7328
Original post by kyoti
Assalamualaikum! good to see you back :smile:

Wa alaykum salaam! Hope you're well :smile:
Riyad as-Salihin
The Book of greetings

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "When Allah created Adam (ﷺ), He said to him: 'Go and greet that company of angels who are sitting there - and then listen to what they are going to say in reply to your greetings because that will be your greeting and your off-spring's.' Adam (ﷺ) said to the angels: 'As-Salamu 'Alaikum (may you be safe from evil).' They replied: 'As-Salamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullah (may you be safe from evil, and Mercy of Allah be upon you).' Thus adding in reply to him: 'wa Rahmatullah (and Mercy of Allah)' to his greeting."

[Al- Bukhari and Muslim].

وعن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏ لما خلق الله تعالى آدم عليه السلام قال‏:‏ اذهب فسلم على أولئك -نفر من الملائكة جلوس- فاستمع ما يحيونك، فإنه تحيتك وتحية ذريتك‏.‏ فقال‏:‏ السلام عليكم فقالوا‏:‏ السلام عليك ورحمة الله، فزادوه‏:‏ ورحمة الله‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏

Arabic/English book reference: Book 6, hadith 846
Asalaam Alaikum,

Nice to see an I-soc mashallah
Reply 7331
Original post by IMBCFC
I never thought Istikhara would make things easy. Im just thinking if it has been really bad for me at home, what could have happend if I lived out ? Or like you said maybe this is a sign for the future such as a job or something.

I was looking for the hadith on ifs and buts and came across the link which seems pretty useful http://theislamicworkplace.com/2006/12/02/stress-management-part-2/ (the hadith is in there too) but yh don't think about what could've been and how much worse things could've been because Allah knows best and this happened through His will because this was best for you. Also I'm sure there's thousands of things that *possibly* could've gone wrong, anything could happen! So again don't think you're worse off or could've been better off if you went against your natural instinct and istikhara because that's not true.
Original post by Hecate99
Ive just sinned so much and i need to repent but i just feel like ive been through this loop so many times

The Qur’an deals with those who knowingly do wrong, and realize that the stress here is on consciously do what is wrong:"Behold, as for those who suppress aught of the evidence of the truth and of the guidance which We have bestowed from on high, after We have made it clear unto mankind through the divine writ - these it is whom God will reject, and whom all who can judge will reject." [2:159] Muhammad Asad
If you took this ayah alone, you would have a right to be afraid, but SubhanAllah, look at the very next ayah:
"Excepted, however, shall be they that repent, and put themselves to rights, and make known the truth: and it is they whose repentance I shall accept - for I alone am the Acceptor of Repentance, the Dispenser of Grace" [2:160] Muhammad Asad
Thus, it is underlined that God realizes (obviously) that as human beings we are prone to making mistakes, even grave mistakes, but again, you and I, we are human beings, we are imperfect, that is why in The Qur’an God describes humanity as such:
"God wants to lighten your burdens: for man has been created weak." [4:28] Muhammad Asad
We will sin, we all do, and that doesn’t mean that we should find this state of sin to be something to commiserate in, but rather, something to realize that sinning is actually harming ourselves, that what we were doing was to our detriment.
The Qur’an underlines this, where it says:
"And [always], O you believers - all of you - turn unto God in repentance, so that you might attain to a happy state!" [24:31] Muhammad Asad
Masha Allah, I think you have embodied this state better than I have. That is why I think you should give yourself a break, and that you should realize that God is Merciful, and that’s not just “my idea,” I mean, God starts every Surah (except one) with the words: “In the Name of God; The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful,” to underline the point that He is limitless in His Mercy and His Grace.
Truly, you are not wasting your time, and realize that your sins will be forgiven by God as long as you repent with sincerity and strive with genuine effort to avoid those sins, and if you fall victim to them again, continue to repent and continue to avoid them, in whatever ways that you can, insha Allah.
The Prophet described how much God loved those who repented with the following Hadith, found in Bukhari:
"God’s Apostle said, ‘God is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than anyone of you is pleased with finding his camel which he had lost in the desert.’"

The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7333
Original post by frank_drebin
JazakAllah Khair.

Nice to hear from you again Tpos :smile:

Thanks a lot for that information.

I wanted to ask you a few more questions if I could; is film- making a permissible profession in Islam? Or not, because it could be argued that it causes, like other forms of entertainment (TV shows, music, etc), us to turn our remembrance away from Allah? And if so, are there any criteria on the kind of films that one can make? And what about acting?

Thank you, it's good to be in touch with you all again :smile:

I've never heard any specific ruling on film making but as you've touched upon if it does take someone away from the deen then it's definitely not good. Also if within the film making there is haraam then the film making itself won't be right. Perhaps you need to think about what kind of films you'd make and what the content would be then figure out if it's suitable to do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tpos
Wa alaykum salaam! Hope you're well :smile:

I am well thank you i hope you are too!
Original post by beautifulxxx
This is helpful, thank you.
I am not familiar with any books on fiqh...do you know of any I can download? Hard to acquire them as book form/physically atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would recommend the same two TMG, al wajeez fi fiqh al sunnah wa kitaab al azeez, mulakhas al fiqhi and i also throw in Umdatul Fiqh, all three books are of the beginning level with mulakhas al fiqhi (the one by Sh. Saleh al-Fawzan) possibly being the most complicated (and comprehensive) of the three. All three are available as PDF's online.
Is it haram to go to an Easter party
Reply 7337
Original post by childofthesun

Depends what they are doing at this party
Khalid al-'Absi said, "A son of mine died and I felt intense grief over his loss. I said, 'Abu Hurayra, have you heard anything from the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, to cheer us regarding our dead?' He replied:

سَمِعْتُ مِنَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ‏:‏
صِغَارُكُمْ دَعَامِيصُ الْجَنَّةِ

'I heard the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say:

"Your children are roaming freely in Paradise."

Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 145

[video="youtube;TYAtjRNSHUA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYAtjRNSHUA[/video]
Original post by childofthesun

Most likely. I know I wouldn't attend a celebration where the theme is based on something my lord absolutely detests. But then again...I've often been called quite strict. Perhaps ask a more knowledgeable individual. Though I'm 99% the answer is it is haram.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending