The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
I've been thinking this for the past 2 seasons, but it just never happens.

he had a good away game vs bayern with only cameo instances of showing ability since.

also has a very frustrating lack of end product.

This is true for almost literally every young player tbh.

And imo AOC has had a terrific season this time around.
Original post by swirly
I've been thinking this for the past 2 seasons, but it just never happens.

he had a good away game vs bayern with only cameo instances of showing ability since.

also has a very frustrating lack of end product.

Original post by Zürich
This is true for almost literally every young player tbh.

And imo AOC has had a terrific season this time around.

It's not his end product that worries me, it's more so his link up with other players and decision making. Both can be easily improved with more experience/right conditioning as opposed to simply not being good enough on the ball, or not having enough pace etc.

He's been hit and miss this season. Shown great signs of improvement but then flops the next match anyway. UTD game though??
Original post by AR_95
Also yeah I'm not exactly fussed over Campbell, would rather we sold him for 16m and free up wages or etc. Gnabry needs a loan too but I can see Ox coming big next season and even if he doesn't overtake Sterling it wouldn't matter. Perhaps if Sterling's best position IS '10, he isn't going to play it at Arsenal considering Cazorla and Ozil don't either. (Cazorla playing CM and Ozil LW)

£16mil you taking the piss? What team in their right mind would pay over £10mil for him :biggrin::biggrin:

If a team offered £16mil now I'd shake their arm off
Original post by leinad2012
£16mil you taking the piss? What team in their right mind would pay over £10mil for him :biggrin::biggrin:

If a team offered £16mil now I'd shake their arm off

Current transfer market is inflated to the bone? Welbeck and Ballotelli went for 16m I'm sure Campbell can go for around that price especially considering he's only 22!
Campbell is basically at where Origi was at(v.good WC, done fairly well for clubs) and he went for £10m. Always the chance someone will pay £12m for him but would have to be a PL side for that

Personally think he's quite average and hope we sell
Original post by AR_95
Current transfer market is inflated to the bone? Welbeck and Ballotelli went for 16m I'm sure Campbell can go for around that price especially considering he's only 22!

Balotelli had a proven track record in the pl whilst Welbeck was English and from a rival. Campbell is an unproven player with one decent season and a good WC. There's no realistic comparison
Theo's an extremely efficent player. The same way Podolski is/was. High stats, but doesn't contribute defensively at all, and is quite poor technically, but has good movement (in Theo's case) and is quick (previously Podolski was), and is a good finisher.

Sterling's the far, far, far better footballer, quick, technically gifted, good finisher and good defensively.

£20m + Theo for Sterling.
real question is what will be done with podolski.

doubt inter would sign him after his abysmal form, and its going to be hard to move him on with his wages so high.
Original post by swirly
real question is what will be done with podolski.

doubt inter would sign him after his abysmal form, and its going to be hard to move him on with his wages so high.

Koln will resign him I think. £3m fee to make up the wage differential.

He's an absolute god there anyway so they'll be all over it.
Original post by angelfox

Sterling's the far, far, far better footballer, quick, technically gifted, good finisher and good defensively.

This. He's been been used everywhere this season, which hasn't helped him, but he is so gifted in that final third when on-form and partnered with world-class talent.

Sanchez could be the perfect foil for him. I hope to god he doesn't leave us, but Arsenal would be fools to let the opportunity pass them by. He'd be infinitely better at the Emirates than the Etihad (he's a London boy, too) and with Sanchez up top, Sterling could find the form he showed in the latter part of the 13/14 season.
Reply 6110
Campbell should have gone to palace on loan if we wanted to give him another chance. Almost guaranteed first team football and it's in the PL. There was actually no point in signing him, it was more of a business investment than anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only one here who legitimately rates Yaya Sanogo?
Original post by SA-1
Campbell should have gone to palace on loan if we wanted to give him another chance. Almost guaranteed first team football and it's in the PL. There was actually no point in signing him, it was more of a business investment than anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Signing him? He's been at arsenal for ages haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6113
Original post by AR_95
Signing him? He's been at arsenal for ages haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I know, we did sign him though didn't we? Man didn't just drop from the heavens :lol:

I was speaking about back in.. what was it? 2010? 2011? It looks like a deal that took place to gain profits more than anything else.
Original post by fallen_acorns
what was your user name before this one?

You tell me. You said the same thing the other day then didn't bother to say. I'm intrigued. #obsessed
Reply 6115
Anyone have any thoughts on this Dybala kid? Looks like a very very exciting prospect, I've seen a few articles that are linking him to us. I would take him, he's got a really hot left foot too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Shahdog

Yes.
Original post by Shahdog

no he can be a 15 goal and 5 assist a season striker. caused havoc for liverpool and bayern's centrebacks.

and it was after him coming on, ramsey scored the fa cup winner.

also it was his rebounded shot that ox scored vs liverpool.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Shed End
You tell me. You said the same thing the other day then didn't bother to say. I'm intrigued. #obsessed

your confusing me with someone else..

Another poster asked what your username was before this one..

No one ever said on the thread - but I still am intrigued.. so am asking again myself.

So what was your old name? No judgement, just like to piece together who everyone is.. its easy to loose track with so many posters changing names and having dupes.
Original post by fallen_acorns
your confusing me with someone else..

Another poster asked what your username was before this one..

No one ever said on the thread - but I still am intrigued.. so am asking again myself.

So what was your old name? No judgement, just like to piece together who everyone is.. its easy to loose track with so many posters changing names and having dupes.

Obviously G pu thgiartS

Latest