The Student Room Group

Stuck with English

Now it is the Easter holidays I have properly started my revision, today I tried to do some English Literature Revision, and it went very badly. Can someone give me some clear tips of what is an effective way of revising for English Literature, and not just "Do lot's of past papers." as I feel that first I need to learn everything, poetry, Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men. :smile:
Reread all of your texts, and as you do so make summaries of each section, with a list of key quotes and analysis for each quote. You should also go through and consider what the themes are and perhaps group the quotes according to theme :smile: Honestly, I wouldn't do lots of past papers for English, making essay plans is better (IMO).
Reply 2
Original post by economicsrocks
Reread all of your texts, and as you do so make summaries of each section, with a list of key quotes and analysis for each quote. You should also go through and consider what the themes are and perhaps group the quotes according to theme :smile: Honestly, I wouldn't do lots of past papers for English, making essay plans is better (IMO).

Thank you this is very helpful I will set time aside to read the books and I will make some notes on them and plans! Thank you!
Original post by Bubblebex1
Thank you this is very helpful I will set time aside to read the books and I will make some notes on them and plans! Thank you!

You're welcome! Good luck:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending