The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by Aidenchr
I went back and asked. I hadn't mentioned a lot of things I wanted. But it's out of my hands now. So just have to wait. They told me that if you are unsuccessful you hear through ucas usually within ten days. And if you are successful it could be a while depending on how many they have interviewed etc plus results. I think if you don't hear anything. It's good news. No news is good news haha.

Really? They didn't mention anything to me about hearing either way. Did u apply for 2 year course
Yeah I applied through the two year route. They didn't mention to me neither. I asked.
I agree, I read so much in books and on the internet and none of it was asked.
I think you are right. I found the interview difficult, not because the questions were hard but because it wasn't what I was expecting. I would have preferred to have been asked straightforward questions relating to the yellow sheet and practice.
Reply 684
I had googled loads about interviews so thought I was well prepared. Just feel disappointed.
Reply 685
What is done is done, let's just think positive and no news is good news! So pray to God it all works out for us.
Reply 686
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way then. We didn't get to show them our knowledge properly but no going back.
Reply 687
Original post by RangerDanger
Really wish I didn't read these last comments. Thought I was revising well off the guidance sheet, now im bricking it!

Don't be worrying, when is your interview??
I'm sure everyone has done really really well I do understand tho about the questions not giving us much of a chance to show off our revision and knowledge. I had examples prepared and all of real life situations an I cane out hitting myself for not getting a chance to mention it :frown:
Another 5wks we'll know guys. I'd really love to know what you scores are.
Reply 689
I came out of the interview wishing I had said sooo much more about my degree, experience, everything. I really wasn't happy leaving my interview, cried and was like meugh, no way...but its been over a month since my interview...Still could get a rejection yes, but don't write yourself off just cause you didn't get a lot of chances to get stuff in!

The questions can be very specific and it can be hard to link in other things when you are focusing on the points of the questions, so you have done your best so just put it out of your head, relax for a wee while :smile: You deserve a wee celebration for getting so far! :smile:
Original post by gemma12
Don't be worrying, when is your interview??

Not till Monday 13th April.
Original post by mmq02
I came out of the interview wishing I had said sooo much more about my degree, experience, everything. I really wasn't happy leaving my interview, cried and was like meugh, no way...but its been over a month since my interview...Still could get a rejection yes, but don't write yourself off just cause you didn't get a lot of chances to get stuff in!

The questions can be very specific and it can be hard to link in other things when you are focusing on the points of the questions, so you have done your best so just put it out of your head, relax for a wee while :smile: You deserve a wee celebration for getting so far! :smile:

Hey mmq I totally agree we all need to be proud of ourselves for getting this far and fingers crossed. All anyone can do is there best with what they are given. Also interviewers know people are nervous and they know people can take mind blanks..

I too came away wishing I had of said certain things, to be honest I think that is everyone,

Bernie xx
Not till Monday 13th April.

As gemma said try not to worry and just have a general overview of social work, that way no matter what question you are asked, you will be able to answer it.

Bernie x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 693
All these comments have made me feel a lot better. I agree about looking over social work in general . I think I came across overly nervous as I kept saying sorry and was taking a while to gather my thoughts. But I'm sure lots of ppl are nervous it's natural. Good luck for ur interview. I only had 6 days to prepare and was working and had my sons first birthday within those days so I felt under pressure. X
I'm sure you did great, your son's first b'day must of been a pleasant distraction! Thanks for all the encouragement.
Reply 695
I'm sure you did great, your son's first b'day must of been a pleasant distraction! Thanks for all the encouragement.

You will do fab! Be well prepared but the main thing is keep calm and don't get too sucked in about all this stuff to learn or you will go off in the head! Just self yourself and talk about your skills/experiences etc 😊
Reply 696
Folks I spoke with Magee yesterday and as interviews are still taking place they said we wouldn't hear until end of April start of May, so few more weeks left yet! Anyone hear of anyone being unsuccessful yet? Good luck to those still to be interviewed :smile:
my friend interviewed after me and found she was unsuccesful on monday
Reply 698
Aww I didn't think anyone had heard yet! More nervous now lol did your friend ask for feed back etc?
Original post by Shaz78
Aww I didn't think anyone had heard yet! More nervous now lol did your friend ask for feed back etc?

she said theyl send her out a letter stating why dont be nervous no news is good news

Quick Reply

Latest