The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Joiner
Prospective student, wondering whether I would be at a huge disadvantage if I didn't do further maths a level Posted from TSR Mobile
imo you should do it if you think you can get an A at AS but not having it doesn't nexessarily disadvantage you
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Prospective student, wondering whether I would be at a huge disadvantage if I didn't do further maths a level

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jchap9776
imo you should do it if you think you can get an A at AS but not having it doesn't nexessarily disadvantage you

I agree with jchap, you should do it if you can. The only reason I didn't do it was because my school didn't exactly offer it. I had the opportunity to do FM but I would of had to do it at another school and even if I did do that I would've had to give up economics since it was in the same timetable slot, so I had a fairly good reason why I didn't take it. If your school offers FM and you decide not to do it and you apply for LSE then you probably will be at a disadvantage, since that's a question they will ask you if you don't do FM.
Original post by abccba120
I agree with jchap, you should do it if you can. The only reason I didn't do it was because my school didn't exactly offer it. I had the opportunity to do FM but I would of had to do it at another school and even if I did do that I would've had to give up economics since it was in the same timetable slot, so I had a fairly good reason why I didn't take it. If your school offers FM and you decide not to do it and you apply for LSE then you probably will be at a disadvantage, since that's a question they will ask you if you don't do FM.

What if I just did AS FM? Do you think I would still be at a disadvantage for not having full FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What if I just did AS FM? Do you think I would still be at a disadvantage for not having full FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you did AS FM then I think it'll be fine, a lot of applicants have just AS so I don't think you will be disadvantaged much at all. Obviously those who continue doing to full A level will have a small advantage but overall its not a big deal and AS FM is enough but you need to ask yourself, if you don't like maths or want to do the minimum maths required then you got to take into consideration that LSE's econ course is a lot more Maths and FM will definitely benefit you on the course.
Original post by abccba120
If you did AS FM then I think it'll be fine, a lot of applicants have just AS so I don't think you will be disadvantaged much at all. Obviously those who continue doing to full A level will have a small advantage but overall its not a big deal and AS FM is enough but you need to ask yourself, if you don't like maths or want to do the minimum maths required then you got to take into consideration that LSE's econ course is a lot more Maths and FM will definitely benefit you on the course.
yeah agreed, the fact they only require a pass in A2 further shows that AS is enough :smile:
hows the social life in lse?
Original post by hurluberlu
Yes!! Omg, what a coincidence??? Hahaha :wink: are you an international student?

Aww I went passfield, Roseberry then Carr Saunders 😋 nooo live in the UK! What about you?
Original post by Miladrises
hows the social life in lse?

I assume good but expensive
Oh, close, almost the same! And yeah, I live in the UK as well :smile: What subject did you apply for?

Economics and you?
Same :smile:

Sweet! are you part of the fb group?
Hey everyone! I'm hopefully doing law next year - buzzing for that London nightlife man! There's some absolute talent on the FB group (who knew hot girls went to LSE) so I'm excited for that aswell wheres everybody living next year?
Original post by CAulet567
Hey everyone! I'm hopefully doing law next year - buzzing for that London nightlife man! There's some absolute talent on the FB group (who knew hot girls went to LSE) so I'm excited for that aswell ������ wheres everybody living next year?
rosebery mate, wbu?
If the banter on this thread is anything to go by, I assume the LSE social life is probably pretty wild :wink:
lol
������������ rosebery mate, wbu?

Nice mate, Im in bankside. All about that bar :wink: Do you know anyone already that is going or goes to LSE? Annoys me how loads of people are crying about how bad social life supposedly is at LSE when really if you a boring tosser, of course it will be **** hahaha
Sounds scary for a parent

LOL
Original post by AQUF42
Sounds scary for a parent

LOL

Oh sorry! Do you have a son or a daughter thats goin to LSE? Because if its a son, chances are he's thinking about girls too haha
No, I was thinking about it but then I thought it would be really awkward if I didn't get the grades for LSE in the summer :L Are you? I might join tbh, just to see who else has an offer and stuff

Hahaha honestly don't worry - the idea of having to get an A* in maths is killing me! Yeah I am! Yeah you should, nice to see see who has offers and stuff as you said! Are you going to the offer holder day later this month?
Original post by CAulet567
Nice mate, Im in bankside. All about that bar :wink: Do you know anyone already that is going or goes to LSE? Annoys me how loads of people are crying about how bad social life supposedly is at LSE when really if you a boring tosser, of course it will be **** hahaha
that bar did look good! My sister went a couple of years back and said night life was fine and I think it's got better tbh! Exactly haha! Apparently best social life is with sports teams so I'm joining the FC
that bar did look good! My sister went a couple of years back and said night life was fine and I think it's got better tbh! Exactly haha! Apparently best social life is with sports teams so I'm joining the FC

Was she in roseberry aswell? Did she do economics? In all honestly i'm pretty w**k at football :colondollar: but ill be joining the AU for sure!
Yeah, I'm so worried tbh :/ Can you link me to the group? :smile: And I'm not actually. Are you?

Yeah sure :smile:
There are two for some reason!
https://m.facebook.com/groups/504924342981651/
https://m.facebook.com/groups/423665261115786/

The first one has more people on it and is more active :smile: yeah I am! How come you're not?

Quick Reply

Latest