The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
This is normal when you first start antidepressants. Hang on in there it should hopefully wear off soon. :smile:

In all honesty, I don't think my left hand should feel numb though.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: to both

:jumphug: returned.
Original post by furryface12

Spoiler

will reply soon

-----

so so low :cry:
Original post by CescaD96
In all honesty, I don't think my left hand should feel numb though.

Hmm, that is odd. I'd give it a while to see if it resolves itself, if not it might be worth going back to the doctor.

Thanks. Sorry I've been a bit rubbish recently about checking in with you. Lost my marbles for quite a few days :redface:
Hmm, that is odd. I'd give it a while to see if it resolves itself, if not it might be worth going back to the doctor.

I'd not get an appointment until the end of the month, sadly, and the receptionists at my GPs don't believe that anything related to depression except s/h is considered as an emergency.
I'd not get an appointment until the end of the month, sadly, and the receptionists at my GPs don't believe that anything related to depression except s/h is considered as an emergency.

That sucks. Could you make an appointment now and cancel if, closer to the time, the side effects are gone?
Thanks. Sorry I've been a bit rubbish recently about checking in with you. Lost my marbles for quite a few days :redface:

Hey, it's ok! I would rather you'd focus on yourself and get 'better' (I need a more accurate word there, whoops) than check up on me.
I feel emotionally weird tonight, just generally not right at all :frown:

All because of the moron of the internet pretending to have replies from the manager at my docs surgery making out they are actually bothered, and want to support me all through everything as much as I need

Feel like people are just doing stuff out of pity and to keep me happy

Stuck with my GP with a letter from a bloke i don't know, its a mess. Feel an idiot getting drawn into it

I need to be honest with my GP so I can try and grt some support because i feel emotionally more fragile. I was only speaking to this stranger because he genuinley seemed to care and its gone pear shaped

I don't know how to be honest with GP and say look I need your support because social anxiety means theres no one else who can help me and listen to me, and support me through therapy when it starts and that means i go on the internet and get roped in by strangers like the stupid idiot I always am :frown:

Can't trust anyone. Or my social anxiety means i put too much trust in people and it gets abused.

I am an idiot.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
I feel emotionally weird tonight, just generally not right at all :frown:

All because of the moron of the internet pretending to have replies from the manager at my docs surgery making out they are actually bothered, and want to support me all through everything as much as I need

Feel like people are just doing stuff out of pity and to keep me happy

Stuck with my GP with a letter from a bloke i don't know, its a mess. Feel an idiot getting drawn into it

I need to be honest with my GP so I can try and grt some support because i feel emotionally more fragile. I was only speaking to this stranger because he genuinley seemed to care and its gone pear shaped

I don't know how to be honest with GP and say look I need your support because social anxiety means theres no one else who can help me and listen to me, and support me through therapy when it starts and that means i go on the internet and get roped in by strangers like the stupid idiot I always am :frown:

you could say tht without the idiot part
That sucks. Could you make an appointment now and cancel if, closer to the time, the side effects are gone?

I tried to make an appointment today so I could get my medical notes for my school and exam board, and they told me I had to come back next week to make an appointment as they're all booked up until the 17th April at least. It's all cause over 70 people missed appointments in March at the practice and it's the biggest in the city.
Original post by Pathway
you could say tht without the idiot part

Haha, you're right :biggrin:

But how do i tell him he has a letter from someone i don't actually know in person ? He asked me if i knew the guy and I said yes. Because i felt too ashamed to admit my lack of friends means i seek support off people i don't know - would that sound daft ?
Haha, you're right :biggrin:

But how do i tell him he has a letter from someone i don't actually know in person ? He asked me if i knew the guy and I said yes. Because i felt too ashamed to admit my lack of friends means i seek support off people i don't know - would that sound daft ?

theywont judge you and can only help if youre 100% honest so tell thwm everything. you have nothing to lose
Finally seeing spring arriving! 23C today. :biggrin:

S/h

Original post by Pathway
theywont judge you and can only help if youre 100% honest so tell thwm everything. you have nothing to lose

Thank you :smile:

Do you think it would mean they will stop supporting me, or just support more ?

Spoiler

Spoiler

:hugs: to both

:hugs: to you - heard you had a rough last few days.. Hope everything is okay :jumphug:
Hey, it's ok! I would rather you'd focus on yourself and get 'better' (I need a more accurate word there, whoops) than check up on me.

Original post by Midnightmemories

:hugs: to you - heard you had a rough last few days.. Hope everything is okay :jumphug:

Thanks ladies :grouphugs: Doing a bit better but not out of the woods yet :frown:
Thank you :smile:

Do you think it would mean they will stop supporting me, or just support more ?

why would they stop supporting you?????

----------------------

trying to think of how to eexplain to my mum that i cant come homewhen i planned without making her sad. just cant cope with two of my abusers being there. not right now.

Spoiler

Original post by Midnightmemories

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks ladies :grouphugs: Doing a bit better but not out of the woods yet :frown:

Always here if you want to talk :hugs:

(gave you rep 'cause I'm proud of you <3 )

:jumphug:

Latest