The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnekaChan173
Wow, that's actyally insane... Have you spoken to your teachers?

Yeah and they've said they can't do anything about it and that's that basically.

Luckily, I only need just A*s as opposed to full UMS but that's still a challenge in itself.
Reply 181
which old spec past papers correspond to each unit?
and which parts of the new spec are missing from the old spec or what does the old spec have that the new spec doesn't?
cheers :smile:
Can someone help me with genomes and genetic sequencing, i'm so confused!!

I just need an outline of how it works and how the things are linked like sanger, BAC, PCR, electrophoresis and all that stuff...the text book makes no sense to me at all!!
Is starting revision for a2 bio this time of year too late :frown: ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please does anyone have AS biology ocr official textbook and is willing to sell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smozsolution
Yeah and they've said they can't do anything about it and that's that basically.

Luckily, I only need just A*s as opposed to full UMS but that's still a challenge in itself.

"I just need an A*"
Sorry I think I just cried a little.

Original post by lovekitty123
Is starting revision for a2 bio this time of year too late :frown: ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. I started at this time last year and I did okay. You'll probably have to devote more time to Unit 5 though, since it's flipping huge.

Original post by adekunle
Please does anyone have AS biology ocr official textbook and is willing to sell?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit late in the year? I sold mine early, sorry. Amazon is pretty good, and they're quite cheap too if you get it secondhand

No. I started at this time last year and I did okay. You'll probably have to devote more time to Unit 5 though, since it's flipping huge

What did u get last year if you don't mind me asking? And how did u study?
What did u get last year if you don't mind me asking? And how did u study?

An A, and I mainly stared at my notes while doing past paper questions. Didn't do it to time conditions until much later for some reason. I didn't really have much of a plan of action last year hahaha
An A, and I mainly stared at my notes while doing past paper questions. Didn't do it to time conditions until much later for some reason. I didn't really have much of a plan of action last year hahaha

Thats really good! Ill be so happy with an A in bio lol, it a killer. Is this for AS or A2?
Thats really good! Ill be so happy with an A in bio lol, it a killer. Is this for AS or A2?

AS hahahahaha, back with biology was manageable! Now it's all horrid.
what do we need to know about peritoneal dialysis?
Original post by games211
what do we need to know about peritoneal dialysis?

Outline how it works and compare its effectiveness with normal dialysis e,g more convenient but chance of infection
"I just need an A*"
Sorry I think I just cried a little

Oh don't worry, I die inside a bit when it comes to bio revision and I realise the momentous task ahead of me haha!
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Outline how it works and compare its effectiveness with normal dialysis e,g more convenient but chance of infection

I know what it is but I don't understand how it works :frown:

Its a permanent tube surgically inserted into the abdomen.
Dialysis fluid is pumped into the tube:frown::frown:
Reply 194
If we get an 8 mark on
Explain that coenzyme A carries acetate from the link reaction to the Krebs cycle
:eek3:
Reply 195
Original post by Kell_
If we get an 8 mark on
Explain that coenzyme A carries acetate from the link reaction to the Krebs cycle

What would you write for 8 marks??
Original post by Kell_
If we get an 8 mark on

Trying desperately to break down that question. Perhaps we outline the link reaction then waffle on about enzymes and how coenzymes actually work etc.

I do hate Ocr sometimes
Reply 197
Original post by Hmht
What would you write for 8 marks??

Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Trying desperately to break down that question. Perhaps we outline the link reaction then waffle on about enzymes and how coenzymes actually work etc.

I do hate Ocr sometimes

I've found something on Page 97 of the Heinemann purple book which I think it wants us to say, but I'm struggling to see how we'd be awarded eight marks for it.

Fatty acid-CoA complex is transported into the mitochondrial matrix where it is broken down into 2-carbon acetyl groups that are attached to CoA. During this breakdowm, by the B-oxidation pathway, reduced NAD and reduced FAD are formed. The acetyl groups are released from the CoA and enter the Krebs Cycle.

Then I'd explain the theory of a general coenzyme.
Reply 198
Original post by Kell_
I've found something on Page 97 of the Heinemann purple book which I think it wants us to say, but I'm struggling to see how we'd be awarded eight marks for it.

Fatty acid-CoA complex is transported into the mitochondrial matrix where it is broken down into 2-carbon acetyl groups that are attached to CoA. During this breakdowm, by the B-oxidation pathway, reduced NAD and reduced FAD are formed. The acetyl groups are released from the CoA and enter the Krebs Cycle.

Then I'd explain the theory of a general coenzyme.

I just die a little inside... I have no clue what that is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 199
Original post by Hmht
I just die a little inside... I have no clue what that is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Today's my first day of revision so I'm sure you'lll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending