The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4980
Has anyone heard from Cooley LLP today?
Could someone tell me when TC interviews/ACs are roughly? like is it august or september? Need to know for booking holidays etc :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by TykeDragon
Could someone tell me when TC interviews/ACs are roughly? like is it august or september? Need to know for booking holidays etc :smile:

Thanks!

they are usually in august! :smile:
Going to TC interviews in August will be really annoying :erm: At least VS interviews were during term time - for me, university is much closer to London than home.
Original post by Tudd
Has anyone tried contacting the graduate recruitment team? I was thinking of dropping them an email but wasn't sure if it may be best to wait & see if there's any news this week.

Tudd are you waiting on Weightmans too, the email re: 2nd stage?
Reply 4985
Original post by gsw08
Tudd are you waiting on Weightmans too, the email re: 2nd stage?

Yeah, still no update on the 2nd stage from Weightmans.
Heard back from Eversheds cardiff: summer vac scheme offer.
Reply 4987
Original post by husn
Has anyone heard from Cooley LLP today?

I haven't heard anything from Cooley so that leads me to believe that I will get a PFO tomorrow..
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Going to TC interviews in August will be really annoying :erm: At least VS interviews were during term time - for me, university is much closer to London than home.

haha well think about people who don't live in UK! or rather Europe :P

(hint: me :frown:
Original post by Amin_543
Just seen that I've got a Cooley A/C invite. Has anyone gone through the email and attatchment yet? Seems like it's going to be tough.

Looks a right nightmare

This is my last shot for a VC so would have liked something a little less intense
Original post by ang21
I haven't heard anything from Cooley so that leads me to believe that I will get a PFO tomorrow..

Yeah I was remaining hopeful today but it's rejection day tomorrow 😪😪
Original post by Chianti1
Has anyone heard back from Barclays regarding the summer legal work experience weeks?

No I haven't, didn't they say if we were successful we would hear by 1st may, so we have a bit of time!! Fingers crossed!!!
Reply 4992
Original post by student652
Yeah I was remaining hopeful today but it's rejection day tomorrow 😪😪

SHAME really, but onwards and upwards i guess. You never know they may send out a few more AC invites tomorrow albeit seems rather unlikely. ;/
Reply 4993
Has anyone heard anything from arnold and porter (uk) by any chance regarding the vacation scheme?
Original post by waza_11
Hi,

For anybody who has had previous experience completing the Watson Glazer test. Do you have any tips and/or suggestions on how to prepare effectively for it? Feel free to PM me or to reply directly on this thread

Thanks

:biggrin:

I have done the Watson Glazer a couple of times. Practice is really important! There are some free tests (short versions) on the Linklaters and Hogan Lovells websites. It is good to know what each section of the Watson Glazer involves - and there is an explanation on this site: https://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/watson-glaser
Good luck! :smile:
Does anyone know how long law firms normally take to get back to you after a summer vacation scheme as to whether you have been successful with a training contract? someone said to me they wait until the end of summer incase you have multiple placements and then inform you in september and you make a decision? but this seems like a long wait!
Original post by goodm001
Does anyone know how long law firms normally take to get back to you after a summer vacation scheme as to whether you have been successful with a training contract? someone said to me they wait until the end of summer incase you have multiple placements and then inform you in september and you make a decision? but this seems like a long wait!

From my understanding, law firms aren't able to offer training contracts to people until they have started their third year in university. So you normally hear in September. Not sure if this is still the case but that's what I've been told!
Original post by LawStudent30
From my understanding, law firms aren't able to offer training contracts to people until they have started their third year in university. So you normally hear in September. Not sure if this is still the case but that's what I've been told!

thanks!!
Anyone heard from ward hadaway yet? Anything at all?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jmartin9
Anyone heard from ward hadaway yet? Anything at all?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I'm still waiting too!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending