ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I'm doing IGCSE Chemistry/Physics at home, but I did a test to see what I am, and it says I'm more of a " doing " person then thinking and remembering.

You think it would be best to do BTEC Level 2 Science while IGCSE Chemistry/Physics at home? (I'm aiming for A/A*s)
ckfeister
Rep:
?
What? This is Science not ICT :confused:
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ckfeister)
What? This is Science not ICT :confused:
So sorry - it looks like I replied to the wrong thread :facepalm: Will put this in science for you now
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

I'm doing IGCSE Chemistry/Physics at home, but I did a test to see what I am, and it says I'm more of a " doing " person then thinking and remembering.

You think it would be best to do BTEC Level 2 Science while IGCSE Chemistry/Physics at home? (I'm aiming for A/A*s)
If you're aiming for A/A*s then you don't really need to do BTECs as well.
I think you should take biology as well because usually people take all three sciences and they'll wonder why you didn't do biology.
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Heya, I'm going to put this in the Computing forum for you as you should get more responses there.You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=132
This isn't computing. It's chemistry and physics.
earthworm
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah do biology igcse instead, will make science more grounded as science tends to cross subject boundaries in the real world. Eg medical physics, pharmacology, electro chemistry etc etc
ckfeister
Rep:
?
I don't get along with biology.
ckfeister
Rep:
?
I'll need a teacher for biology but homeschooled.
username1560589
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll need a teacher for biology but homeschooled.
Can you afford a tutor?

If you can't then you could self-study it using the textbook and any online resources, however if you're not confident with the subject then this wouldn't be as easy as it is for your other subjects.
earthworm
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Btec will be pain home schooled. Biology is mainly rote learning. What aspects of biology do you struggle with?
ckfeister
Rep:
?
BTEC Science - College (just for the experiments)
IGCSE Chemistry/Physics - Homeschool (no experiments)
ckfeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by earthworm)
Btec will be pain home schooled. Biology is mainly rote learning. What aspects of biology do you struggle with?
I generally don't understand biology, like in chemistry/physics I can imagine, see and do however, biology is just writing and writing which is zzzzzz
username1560589
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you are able to go to the college for a BTEC, you can go to a school/college to do GCSE/IGCSE biology.

As far as I can remember, the experiments in GCSE biology, chemistry and physics weren't very exciting at all compared with A-level biology, chemistry and physics ones.

There is more writing in biology than chemistry and physics, but not much at all compared with English, which you were aiming for A/A* in the controlled assessments. There also isn't a lot to remember in biology at GCSE.
ckfeister
Rep:
?
@Morgan, no I can't afford tutoring.
redandgreen123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

If I were you I would focus on the IGCSE as I always find science is a lot of pressure generally without adding more exams Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (220)
33.69%
No (433)
66.31%

Watched Threads