The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Tbh since Zola, can't really think of a top striker who's done really well in the prem?

The stats are that Balotelli is the only italian player to have a premier league title. Coutinho I think is the last guy who's really done well in the prem and tbh his development was mainly at Espanyol.

Torres before you ****ed him, Aguero has been decent, Suarez. RVP to an extent. The difference is that the pl has pretty even teams from top to bottom, compared to in Spain where any decent striker could spunk out 5 goals against the bottom 3
Original post by leinad2012
Torres before you ****ed him, Aguero has been decent, Suarez. RVP to an extent. The difference is that the pl has pretty even teams from top to bottom, compared to in Spain where any decent striker could spunk out 5 goals against the bottom 3

you completely misread my point i should have made it clearer

i'm talking about Serie A and Italian players in particular.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
you completely misread my point i should have made it clearer

i'm talking about Serie A and Italian players

Ohhh, sorry, in that case yeah I agree completely, I can't actually think of any player really that's done well in the prem having been in Serie A.
Ohhh, sorry, in that case yeah I agree completely, I can't actually think of any player really that's done well in the prem having been in Serie A.

Zola is the only guy and Coutinho(but he played his best football at Espanyol and was completely misused at Inter)
Original post by jam277
Zola is the only guy and Coutinho(but he played his best football at Espanyol and was completely misused at Inter)

Even Coutinho is tough to judge, I mean the guys a CAM by trade and has only had one good season.
Metro's article that Arsenal players were testing out "footballs for left-footed players" was an April Fool's joke :redface: Seemed real tbh
Jesus wept, idiots actually believed that?
Even Coutinho is tough to judge, I mean the guys a CAM by trade and has only had one good season.

That one good season was actually his first full season though. Plus he's not even at his peak yet.
Original post by samir12
That one good season was actually his first full season though. Plus he's not even at his peak yet.

Yes, which is why I'm saying it's too early to judge. Plus he isn't a striker really, he's a CAM (or 10 at best, he isn't exactly a 20 goal a season man is he?)
Original post by Stefano93
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/02/arsenal-abou-diaby-arsene-wenger

Why are we going to offer Diaby another contract it doesn't make sense. Guy has more injuries than an A&E department. Sell him off even if he is a talented player when not injury ****'d

What do you make of the Paulo Dybala rumours? He's a sick forward.

Diaby is my fave player I hope he can recover
Original post by shawn_o1
Metro's article that Arsenal players were testing out "footballs for left-footed players" was an April Fool's joke :redface: Seemed real tbh

Haha, you believed it? I did for about 3 seconds then realised how stupid it was. Even if it were possible (which it isn't), why would you make players train with an "easier to use" ball when it won't be what's used in a match?

Tbf though they made it quite believable, talking about hitting the ball "against the grain", much scientific, many wow
Original post by al_94
Diaby is my fave player I hope he can recover

Tbh there's more chance of someone winning the lottery twice than Diabby recovering.... oh wait #topical
Original post by Jgco2chem
I agree he a cazorla with pace but his tackling is not as good as cazorla

Looool cazorla with pace? hes no where near cazorla technically. Look at how gifted cazorla is and how he used both feet, you couldnt guess what foot he is naturally.
Original post by jam277
Tbh since Zola, can't really think of a top striker who's done really well in the prem from an italian club?

The cocaine-inspired Mutu back at the start of 03-04.
Interesting that he refused to comment on Sterling, seems like we may be in for him after all

I'd be very surprised if Wenger doesn't attempt to tempt sterling like he did with Suarez.
But getting him would mean saying goodbye to Walcott, Campbell, Gnabry, or even Cazorla.
Most likely Walcott will step up now that he is at risk of loosing his place forever in England and Arsenal. Than us signing Sterling.
Original post by Jgco2chem
I'd be very surprised if Wenger doesn't attempt to tempt sterling like he did with Suarez.
But getting him would mean saying goodbye to Walcott, Campbell, Gnabry, or even Cazorla.
Most likely Walcott will step up now that he is at risk of loosing his place forever in England and Arsenal. Than us signing Sterling.

I don't really think anyone who isn't already going would need to be sold tbh.

Campbell, Sanogo and Poldi can both go and I think VERY few Arsenal fans would care, they're the new Chamakh and Bendther as far as I'm concerned. Gnabry is only 19 so could easily be loaned out, and I don't think we'd need to get rid of Cazorla considering Sterling doesn't really have the stamina to play for extended periods of time.

As I've said on here before, to be title contenders you either need an incredible fitness team that stops your players from getting lengthy injuries (i.e. Chelsea) or 2 top players in each position (i.e. City).

So ideally we would want 8 very good players fighting for the front 4 positions in a 4-2-3-1/ 4-1-4-1. We'd have Sanchez, Ozil, Santi, Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud, Sterling (plus maybe Rosicky) which would be 7 (8 inc. Rosicky), so we'd also be able to add another top striker (imo Lacazette) or a winger (e.g. Pedro) and shift Walcott or Welbeck to second choice striker role. Only thing stopping it is money and the fact we have other positions in MUCH more need of back up at CB, CDM and GK
Reply 6196
Was just reading through the older Arsenal threads and came across the 7-5 game. Wasn't a poster here back in them days but some of the comments :lol:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2077722&page=427
Original post by SA-1
Was just reading through the older Arsenal threads and came across the 7-5 game. Wasn't a poster here back in them days but some of the comments :lol:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2077722&page=427

Hahaha, Deshi made me cry with laughter. Interesting read...still reading it in fact :cookie:
Page 434 is where we equalised to make it 4-4 rofl

Btw don't know if this has been said already, haven't looked back at the thread but all of our injured players are back in training...and yes this includes DIABY :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by swirly
real question is what will be done with podolski.

doubt inter would sign him after his abysmal form, and its going to be hard to move him on with his wages so high.

He's gone. absolute passenger!
But wheres Krystian

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest