The Student Room Group

BIMM Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sugarspunolivia
I have had an offer to study Music Business at BIMM too, but am still trying to decide between there and Leeds College of Music to study the same course! Such a tough decision haha :frown:

Hello!

My name is Jemma and I graduated from Leeds College of Music in July. This is me with the red hair on the Business page of the LCoM website :P http://www.lcm.ac.uk/courses/Undergraduate/Business

If you want to discuss the Business course and other general things like studying at LCoM, accommodation, city life etc. I'd be more than happy to help! My email address is [email protected] :-)

I remember when I had to choose unis, and it was so difficult. I found it really helpful to talk to other people who have studied at the uni.

Send me an email or alternatively you could give me a ring on 0113 222 3416. I'm available Mondays and Thursdays 10:30-2pm!

Best Wishes
Jemma
Hey, I've had my offer from BIMM Manchester to study Music Production. Just wondering if anyone else is on this course? Also I've been looking at MSV, anyone else looking to apply there?
Hey, im studying music production and most likely staying in MSV, what about you?
Hey, I'm doing music business and just booked my place at msv. Im staying in room d224, is anyone else? :smile:
Original post by SpencerFarrance
Hey, I'm doing music business and just booked my place at msv. Im staying in room d224, is anyone else? :smile:

I'm also doing music business but I'm staying at Parkway Gate:smile:

Hey, I'm looking at MSV, im doing music production, have you sorted your finance out yet?
I've done everything other than put the uni I'm going to because bimm aren't on the student finance website yet. I called them up and they said that everything should be sorted by end of march / beginning of April. Can still sort out the rest though!
I've done everything other than put the uni I'm going to because bimm aren't on the student finance website yet. I called them up and they said that everything should be sorted by end of march / beginning of April. Can still sort out the rest though!

Fair enough, I entered in all the details manually but it was a bit of a ball ache. Also when you applied for accommodation, how did you do it? because the website doesnt do online booking yet
Yea that's what I did but it doesn't work unfortunately haha. I did it all over the phone. You can fill out an application and post it but if you call it saves all the waiting around :smile: The lady on the other end was really helpful and told me what other bimm students usually go for in terms of start dates and how long a contract you want
Oh right haha. Did you have to put a deposit on yer? What date you planning on getting there then?
Original post by Hugo Silvani
Oh right haha. Did you have to put a deposit on yer? What date you planning on getting there then?

https://www.facebook.com/hugo.silvani feel free to message me on facebook if it's easier
Original post by WhitleyRuchea
Oh that's good! (: Where's everyone staying?! I've narrowed it down to parkway gate or MSV?

Hey, are you doing music production? I cant find anyone else doing the course haha. I think im staying a MSV
Who is off to MSV? i think im going to book there? if anyone wants to speak on face book feel free to message me https://www.facebook.com/hugo.silvani
Reply 193
Who is off to MSV? i think im going to book there? if anyone wants to speak on face book feel free to message me https://www.facebook.com/hugo.silvani

Quite a lot of us are staying at MSV. I have an offer for Music Production but think I'm gonna go on the Songwriting course instead :smile:
How do everyone! Got an unconditional offer for the Professional Musicianship Drumming course back in January and I'll be staying at MSV, waiting for Student Finance to sort themselves out but hopefully that won't take much longer :smile:

[facebook link removed by mod]
Hey Andy,
I'm going to be doing the Professional Musicianship Degree in Guitar :smile:
It appears that the mods removed your facebook link for some reason so add me if you like, it'd be cool to talk! :smile:

Www.facebook.com/Dillon.pudge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dillonski
Hey Andy,
I'm going to be doing the Professional Musicianship Degree in Guitar :smile:
It appears that the mods removed your facebook link for some reason so add me if you like, it'd be cool to talk! :smile:

Www.facebook.com/Dillon.pudge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh weird, cool man, I'll add you.

The end of my facebook link thing is andy.hayes.39 if that's any help to anyone :tongue:
Hey, I've had my offer from BIMM Manchester to study Music Production. Just wondering if anyone else is on this course? Also I've been looking at MSV, anyone else looking to apply there?

Hey I've got an unconditional offer from BIMM Manchester for for Music Production too, I'm looking at the student village due to the fact it's the cheapest place i can find and it is right round the corner from BIMM
Hey everyone

I was just going over my contract for msv before I send it off and it doesn't actually mention anything about internet being in your room or whether its included in the total cost. After finding that out I checked the website and it doesn't mention anything about having internet on there either. Doesn't anyone know for sure whether its included? I'm gonna call them up tomorrow anyways just to make sure.
Hey guys I'm staying at MSV now and switching to Bimm from another uni I'm setting up a Facebook group for new first years since my friends here did that now last year and had about 30 people :smile:
James Mcdonald add me on Facebook and I'll set up a group also if you have any questions about MSV :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest