Original post by lizzygrant
Congrats mate! For what firm?

Original post by Princepieman
Dude, congrats! What firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

BarCap was my first SW
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Got the penultimate year offer

Congrats, are you going use this as leverage or are you happy with barcs?

Feel free to get in touch for advice on the former

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma

Right now, very satisfied with the offer. I have 2 other SWs to complete, if ever I need any advice, I'll definitely shoot you a PM.
Original post by Aenigma

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you give us some general advice on leveraging please? :colondollar:

Really proud and happy for you man, you deserve it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How should I prioritise bulge-bracket banks for applying ? Especially for summer internship or do I just apply them all?
How should I prioritise bulge-bracket banks for applying ? Especially for summer internship or do I just apply them all?

You should keep applying until you get an offer, apply in order of when they open. I think last year Lazard was first followed by Barclays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
You should keep applying until you get an offer, apply in order of when they open. I think last year Lazard was first followed by Barclays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Speaking of which, bulge-bracket or boutique and what aspect should I compare between the two?
BarCap was my first SW

Very nicely done! I'm in the midst of app lying to open days/insight days right now, any pointers for networking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Very nicely done! I'm in the midst of app lying to open days/insight days right now, any pointers for networking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks bro!

Literally this:

You want to maintain a level of professionalism, but also go in with an action plan. If you’re going to approach someone, ask yourself why: 1. What do you hope to find out? 2. Are they willing to give their time/are they particularly busy? 3. Can you answer any question you may have with a 30 second Google search?

Make a LinkedIn, if you haven't already. You want to have an elevator pitch for when you go in, a quick 20-30 second introduction in whereby you highlight your name, university, degree subject and a very brief reason for introducing yourself. Let the conversation flow naturally and build on their responses. I wouldn't recommend going in with specific pre-planned questions, unless there's very specific things you want to find out.

Leave any professionals you come in contact with a reason to give good feedback on you. Once the conversation is wrapping up, ensure you thank them for their time. Ask for a business card or email so you can follow up with any further questions. I wouldn't say there's any specific rules to networks, just don't do anything stupid and have fun while you do it, it's another chance to learn about specific divisions and the actualities of working for that firm from its employees perspective.
Speaking of which, bulge-bracket or boutique and what aspect should I compare between the two?

Some (elite boutiques) are better than BBs. Some industry teams outside BB banks are better than BB teams. Location also plays a factor.

Just continue applying until you land an offer - and should you land offers at both a BB and a boutique, that's when you start comparing.
Which boutiques run official summer analyst programmes?
Original post by Drossell
Which boutiques run official summer analyst programmes?

Lazard is booming right now.

Congrats! Killing it

Mate, well done!!! :smile::smile: What other firms have you got left?
Original post by President M.E.
Mate, well done!!! :smile::smile: What other firms have you got left?

HSBC and BAML
HSBC and BAML

Good stuff man, hope you get all 3 :biggrin:
would you apply for more spring weeks if you already have one lined up for 1st year uni
Serious question - Citi or Lazard for Spring Week?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending