The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Cant do this cant do it too eeak. Not coping
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Hey very much new here. Well that's a bit of a lie, I joined a few months ago and then just stopped talking to anyone.

Feels scary introducing myself on here (even more reason for someone to say hi to me :smile: ), but I hope everyone's doing well! :biggrin:

Hi Amar! Welcome to MHSS :biggrin: Though sorry you've been having a rough time of it :console:

I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

Original post by Pathway
Old best mate asks me what i cabt cope with despite knowing tyat going home thus weekend means beingwith two of my abusers

Maybe im just stupid and its not that bsd.

Too scared to leave my flat to go to see gp becausr they wont help either. No one understsndswhats the point

I think you should go see the GP if you managed to get an appointment :hugs:
Anyone find summer difficult? I find I have like seasonal affective disorder but with summer instead of winter :/.

It just reminds me of summers past where everyone went away to amazing places and I just stayed home in a rubbish situation :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hi Amar! Welcome to MHSS :biggrin: Though sorry you've been having a rough time of it :console:

I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

I think you should go see the GP if you managed to get an appointment :hugs:

Didnt bother bbecause they wony help me i already know that
Original post by shethoughtaloud
Anyone find summer difficult? I find I have like seasonal affective disorder but with summer instead of winter :/.

It just reminds me of summers past where everyone went away to amazing places and I just stayed home in a rubbish situation :frown:

:wavey: I'm def a summer person. Winter tends to drag me down :colondollar: Although I totally hear what you are saying about how people go off on adventures all around the world in the summer, and then there's me sitting like a lemon sometimes unable to leave the flat :redface:

:hugs:

Original post by Pathway
Didnt bother bbecause they wony help me i already know that

:frown:
Original post by shethoughtaloud

That's a genuine condition. You can get a form of SAD in the summer, although that is far more rare. But it sounds like for you it's to do with memories. I guess you have to try and make good memories in the future? The sun is good for your mood at least.

Original post by sarahwitkowski
That's a genuine condition. You can get a form of SAD in the summer, although that is far more rare. But it sounds like for you it's to do with memories. I guess you have to try and make good memories in the future? The sun is good for your mood at least.

Yeah you're right about needing to create good memories they're very sparse sadly...
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:wavey: I'm def a summer person. Winter tends to drag me down :colondollar: Although I totally hear what you are saying about how people go off on adventures all around the world in the summer, and then there's me sitting like a lemon sometimes unable to leave the flat :redface:

:frown:
I used to be a summer person until too many poor summers now I'm a little miserable vampire :biggrin:.

Spoiler

Been accepted as a peer mentor :woo:

Does anyone know what the training day(s) are about? :smile:

I feel like although I'd be helpful to first years coming in, I'll be terrible being professional :redface:...unless peer mentoring isn't about being professional at all :tongue:
Original post by IDukem
Been accepted as a peer mentor :woo:

Does anyone know what the training day(s) are about? :smile:

I feel like although I'd be helpful to first years coming in, I'll be terrible being professional :redface:...unless peer mentoring isn't about being professional at all :tongue:

Awesome. :smile:

I'd imagine that as it's peer mentoring it'll be more about giving friendly advice than being 'professional', since you're on the same level as the person you're helping. I think you'll do great! :yep:
Original post by superwolf
Awesome. :smile:

I'd imagine that as it's peer mentoring it'll be more about giving friendly advice than being 'professional', since you're on the same level as the person you're helping. I think you'll do great! :yep:

So chit-chat, laughing around, flirting, filling in blanks with unrelated shizz is totally fine? :smile: Thank you superduperwolf, I'd like to think I'll be somewhat decent at it :h:
Original post by IDukem
So chit-chat, laughing around, flirting, filling in blanks with unrelated shizz is totally fine? :smile: Thank you superduperwolf, I'd like to think I'll be somewhat decent at it :h:

Maybe not too much of the flirting, but otherwise all's good. :tongue:
Original post by bullettheory
On my way to A&E :cry2: Hoping I can avoid an admission...

What happened?
Original post by superwolf
Maybe not too much of the flirting, but otherwise all's good. :tongue:

I wasn't planning on doing so purely because I can't ever force myself to do so :tongue: But I figured I'd say it anyway cause I have a feeling some of my mates will :lol:
Original post by IDukem
I wasn't planning on doing so purely because I can't ever force myself to do so :tongue: But I figured I'd say it anyway cause I have a feeling some of my mates will :lol:

You should attend the Wolfie School of Seduction. :sexface: Course content contains flirting, biting, foreplay, biting, biting, biting and sex*

*not necessarily in same order :hubba:
Does this make me sound daft, to the manager at my doctors surgery, or is there no point really in sending it:

Hi Manager

The letter that Dr. Name has about me isn't actually off someone I know in person, although everything in the letter is true, because i put my trust in them enough to tell them the difficult time I am going through. He started using my problems to email to MIND and altering the replies to pretend someone from the surgery had sent them, thinking he was helping. At first it was convincing, but then I got suspicious and he had to tell me the truth. The lying has made me feel worse instead of better

Felt embarassed admitting the social anxiety and depression means I don't have a huge support network so I generally tend to speak to people online

I am seeing Dr. Name weekly at the moment which is helping because I was experiencing quite bad anger a few weeks ago, but that seems to have subsided now that I am bringing a diary of my thoughts in each week instead of keeping them all to myself

I feel guilty taking up the weekly slots (apparently a symptom of social anxiety), but would Dr. Name rather me be doing that than speaking to people I don't know personally who can then make my mental health worse
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE my Cumbria offer came through on UCAS. :jive:
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Does this make me sound daft, to the manager at my doctors surgery, or is there no point really in sending it:

Hi Manager

The letter that Dr. Name has about me isn't actually off someone I know in person, although everything in the letter is true, because i put my trust in them enough to tell them the difficult time I am going through. He started using my problems to email to MIND and altering the replies to pretend someone from the surgery had sent them, thinking he was helping. At first it was convincing, but then I got suspicious and he had to tell me the truth. The lying has made me feel worse instead of better

Felt embarassed admitting the social anxiety and depression means I don't have a huge support network so I generally tend to speak to people online

I am seeing Dr. Name weekly at the moment which is helping because I was experiencing quite bad anger a few weeks ago, but that seems to have subsided now that I am bringing a diary of my thoughts in each week instead of keeping them all to myself

I feel guilty taking up the weekly slots (apparently a symptom of social anxiety), but would Dr. Name rather me be doing that than speaking to people I don't know personally who can then make my mental health worse
Look don't worry too much about wording and things all the staff at the surgery will be used to all sorts and especially that you're known to them for your issues and you see the GP regularly, just explain the situation to your GP at your next consultation and ask him to explain it to the practice manager. Just explain that it ended up happening because you were feeling vulnerable and didn't have much support from your family.

Try not to worry too much about being judged they've seen it all :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Really sad but can't cry... Where are the tears!?! :frown:

Latest