The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by questionandlearn
hmm

Ash’hab b. Abdul-Azeez said: ‘I asked Imaam Maalik, may Allah have mercy on him, about the Raafidhah and he said: Do not speak to them nor narrate anything from them, for they are dishonest.”’

I don't appreciate this offensive and inflamatory post brother/sister.
From Allah swt we come from and it is to Allah swt we shall all return. I am reporting the fresh deaths of over 40 yemenis in a refugee camp, many women and children haved died. A request to pray for all the women and children slaughtered by the fresh Saudi-Air strikes, keep them in our prayers. This is a prayer request post, not a debate post.

[h="1"]Air strike on Yemeni refugee camp by Saudi-led coalition kills at least 40[/h]
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/30/air-strike-refugee-camp-houthi-controlled-northern-yemen-kills-at-least-21

An air strike in
Yemen by the Saudi-led coalition has killed at least 40 people and wounded about 200 at a camp for internal refugees, a human rights group has said.
Reply 7383
Original post by Tawheed
I don't appreciate this offensive and inflamatory post brother/sister.

Are the Rafidhah not the ones who insult and/or make takfir upon Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar (RA), or that just a misunderstanding?
Original post by Ruh
Are the Rafidhah not the ones who insult and/or make takfir upon Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar (RA), or that just a misunderstanding?

It's a term used often in a very offensive and derogatory manner to mean anyone who rejects them as the rightfuly guided Calipha's. As a shia muslim, i believe Muhammed pbuh had already chosen Ali ibn abi talib a.s several times as well as finally during Ghadeer as his rightful Caliph, and hence he was the only one who should have led after Muhammed pbuh. i also object to the usurption of Fadak, among many other acts.

it is impermissible per say to insult or mock, the only thing to be done is to explain why we do not revere such personalities, and leave it at that.

We each have personalities we disagree on. I.E Hazrat Abu Talib, whom shias revere.

You see, the inflammatory remark the brother made is very reminsicient of the slogans of ISIS, who perform mass takfir, incite hatred and disharmony and disunity.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7385
Original post by Tawheed
It's a term used often in a very offensive and derogatory manner to mean anyone who rejects them as the rightfuly guided Calipha's. As a shia muslim, i believe Muhammed pbuh had already chosen Ali ibn abi talib a.s several times as well as finally during Ghadeer as his rightful Caliph, and hence he was the only one who should have led after Muhammed pbuh. i also object to the usurption of Fadak, among many other acts.

it is impermissible per say to insult or mock, the only thing to be done is to explain why we do not revere such personalities, and leave it at that.

We each have personalities we disagree on. I.E Hazrat Abu Talib, whom shias revere.

You see, the inflammatory remark the brother made is very reminsicient of the slogans of ISIS, who perform mass takfir, incite hatred and disharmony and disunity.

Regardless of what we consider it to mean now, did it not originally stem from those who did used insult them, thus placing this quote in a historical context to clarify the meaning of Rafidhah? It may be offensive today, but I'm genuinely curious to know if it was back then, and if a historical Rafidhah behaved in the same manner as the average modern Shia - that is to say that did they consider it bad to insult these two men back then?
Original post by Ruh

The rawaafidh are those who reject the authority of Sayyidina Abu Bakr and Sayyidina Umar. Some of these individuals go as far to make takfeer or to insult them others do not.

There are some individuals like the Zaydi shia' who believe that although Abu Bakr and Umar should not have preceded Sayyidina Ali' but they do not have the same beliefs toward them as the rawafidh. Ahl al Sunnah have spoke about both groups and their rulings and will continue to to do until Yawm al-Qiyyamah
Reply 7388
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
The rawaafidh are those who reject the authority of Sayyidina Abu Bakr and Sayyidina Umar. Some of these individuals go as far to make takfeer or to insult them others do not.

There are some individuals like the Zaydi shia' who believe that although Abu Bakr and Umar should not have preceded Sayyidina Ali' but they do not have the same beliefs toward them as the rawafidh. Ahl al Sunnah have spoke about both groups and their rulings and will continue to to do until Yawm al-Qiyyamah

So just to clarify, Zaydis are not considered Rafidhah whereas others are? What is the distinction between Rafidhah who do not insult or make takfir and the Zaydi position?
Hi Guys, I am moving away to study at university, I am looking to stay in halls- any advice for what accommodation I should choose?
Original post by Hardworker?
Hi Guys, I am moving away to study at university, I am looking to stay in halls- any advice for what accommodation I should choose?

Ask the university isoc if they are pairing people up? or know of good accommodations which Muslims go with.
Original post by Ruh
Regardless of what we consider it to mean now, did it not originally stem from those who did used insult them, thus placing this quote in a historical context to clarify the meaning of Rafidhah? It may be offensive today, but I'm genuinely curious to know if it was back then, and if a historical Rafidhah behaved in the same manner as the average modern Shia - that is to say that did they consider it bad to insult these two men back then?

To answer your question, Rafidah originally encompassed a large group, in arabic it simply means 'rejector'. These were those who rejected the legitimacy of the first two Caliphs - and the third, on the basis that it was Ali a.s who was the rightful Caliph, and hence believed they usurped the Caliphat. In addition, they also beleived that Fatima a.s was right in critising the first two caliphs for not giving her what she felt was her haq i.e the land of Fadak, and Ali a.s was right in opposing the first two Caliphs , two facts agreed upon by all schools in Islam and documented (can provide if requested) in notable books of hadith such as Bukhari.

So technically speaking, Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s was a 'Rafidah' i.e rejector of the caliphat for six months, as Bukhari notably states he opposed them. As was his wife, Fatima a.s who had passes away without giving allegiance.

Furthermore, it is impermissible in the shia-school to insult, mock, revile, what is done on the puplits and in congregation and during discussions is merely discussing what we feel they did that we do not agree with, and our affirmation for Ali a.s as the rightful Caliph.

Hence the word 'Rafidah' was and is not so much offensive in itself as a word, but offensive in the context it is used. It is often now used by ISIS, Takfiri's, Suicide Bombers, those who wish to spread hate/hate speakers, and joined to a line of insult.

The brother not only used he word 'rafidah' he also used very inflammatory language, hate language, which ISIS themselve use, and i was very offended as to what he said about me. I will give him a chance to ammend his ways as per the cordiatility of Islam, and if he chooses to continue using such offensive language i will have no choice but to report him or her.

Just to let the moderators know, this is not a debate , i am answering the users question - they seek knowledge , rather than actually debating.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ruh
So just to clarify, Zaydis are not considered Rafidhah whereas others are? What is the distinction between Rafidhah who do not insult or make takfir and the Zaydi position?

Yes. From what i have been told/read/taught Rawaafidh reject the authority of the Shaykhayn and believe they were sinful for being the Imams, whereas the zaydiyyah (who as far as i know differ amongst themselves into two or three groups) say that Ali' should have been first but do not say that the Shaykhayn were sinful for assuming the office of khalifa.

and Allah know best
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hardworker?

Which uni?
Original post by Tawheed
From Allah swt we come from and it is to Allah swt we shall all return. I am reporting the fresh deaths of over 40 yemenis in a refugee camp, many women and children haved died. A request to pray for all the women and children slaughtered by the fresh Saudi-Air strikes, keep them in our prayers. This is a prayer request post, not a debate post.

[h="1"]Air strike on Yemeni refugee camp by Saudi-led coalition kills at least 40[/h]
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/30/air-strike-refugee-camp-houthi-controlled-northern-yemen-kills-at-least-21

An air strike in
Yemen by the Saudi-led coalition has killed at least 40 people and wounded about 200 at a camp for internal refugees, a human rights group has said.

I still await your PMs....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm taking a break today from work - well already have.

This is me atm

Original post by FlareBlitz96
Which uni?

sheffield
Original post by Tawheed

Air strike on Yemeni refugee camp by Saudi-led coalition kills at least 40

An air strike in

RIP :frown:
Original post by beautifulxxx
I didn't mean it in a rude way. If I was bothered, I would be the first to button him/her up. It's always the same thing with these people when you say the 's' country. Like its haram or something. Sorry though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know you didn't. You don't need to apologise lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending