The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

I've missed quite a bit of the tennis actually.
Djokovic is just a level above anyone else playing in Miami - dishing out 6-0 and 6-1 sets almost at will.
Original post by Krish4791
I've missed quite a bit of the tennis actually.
Djokovic is just a level above anyone else playing in Miami - dishing out 6-0 and 6-1 sets almost at will.

Then inexplicably collapsing in 2nd sets, luckily he managed to escape in straights today but his weakness so far this season definitely appears to be taking his foot off the gas after stellar first set performances
Raonic lost to Isner last night, complete serve fest.

Nikishori looking really good, he's won his last two matches in 63 and 68 minutes and broken serve 15 times in 3 matches. He could play Djokovic on Friday.

Unless Nikishori reaches the final then Murray is now world number 3.
Reply 3243
So excited at the prospect of yet another mouth-watering Murray-Djokovic match. The immovable object vs. the immovable object.
Original post by Zhy
So excited at the prospect of yet another mouth-watering Murray-Djokovic match. The immovable object vs. the immovable object.

Sarcasm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3245
Isner's been playing really well so far! And I'd say he has a chance against Djokovic in the Semis now after the confidence of dismantling Nishikori tonight in front of a home crowd.
Isner is always dangerous in the USA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully Sir John will do a favour to Andy in the semi against Djokovic (assuming Djoker does not **** it up against Ferrer).

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
Isner played a perfect match against Nishikori. He just did not allow him to play. Both by bombing aces and unreturnables, and hitting Nishikori off the court in his own return games.

I was so impressed that I might stick my neck and say he'll win the whole tournament.
Original post by Sirocco11
Isner played a perfect match against Nishikori. He just did not allow him to play. Both by bombing aces and unreturnables, and hitting Nishikori off the court in his own return games.

I was so impressed that I might stick my neck and say he'll win the whole tournament.

Yes it was an absolutely fantastic display. His baseline play reminded me of Djokovic. Playing like that, he surely can reach the final.

Isner beating the overrated and most useless generation of Dimitrov, Kei and Raonic in consecutive matches. Well done John. :yy:
Murray takes out Berdych in straight sets to reach the final. He could have a great shot at winning this if Isner can get past Novak tonight
Murray takes out Berdych in straight sets to reach the final. He could have a great shot at winning this if Isner can get past Novak tonight

Yes, good solid win. Same pattern in both sets, 2 breaks for Murray and 1 for Berdych in the first 3 games.

I think even against Djokovic he'll have a chance. On the other hand, It's hard court slow so...

PS Really want to see Murray in the grass session. He's my favourite for Wimbledon this year !

It's the big one!
Murray vs Djokovic in the final.
It will be a mentality test once again for Andy, I think the most important factor will be his first serve percentage.

Murray has never won a match against Djoker, when losing the first set.
That being said, I predict Murray wins 6-7 7-6 7-5 :tongue: :biggrin:

Original post by Dragonborn10
It's the big one!
Murray vs Djokovic in the final.
It will be a mentality test once again for Andy, I think the most important factor will be his first serve percentage.

Murray has never won a match against Djoker, when losing the first set.
That being said, I predict Murray wins 6-7 7-6 7-5 :tongue: :biggrin:

It's tomorrow isn't it?

Most important factor for me is how he defends his WTA 2nd serve - if he can win more than 40% of points behind it, he'll have a great shot.
It's tomorrow isn't it?

Most important factor for me is how he defends his WTA 2nd serve - if he can win more than 40% of points behind it, he'll have a great shot.

Yes, its tomorrow. I think 6pm.

Spot on, Nole will attack his 2nd serve from the beginning, hopefully Andy will manage to win some of these points.

Would love it if they can produce the same intensity as in the first 2 sets in their last slams meetings (USO & AO).

(edited 9 years ago)
Murray being aggressive, but just hasn't been able to hold onto a lead so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Disgusting behaviour from Novak. Telling someone in the crowd to "suck my dick you ape" and then this:

Original post by The_K1NG
Disgusting behaviour from Novak. Telling someone in the crowd to "suck my dick you ape" and then this:

Yes he's human and in the heat and in a highly charged situation the best of us make mistakes. He shouldn't have said that to the person in the crowd and he shouldn't have had a go at his box right by a ball kid, whilst snatching a towel out of his hand. He's not the first player to lose his cool and yes even the holier than thou Federer and Nadal have had their moments over the years too and our own fiery Scotsman Murray. I feel for Djokovic because he has let himself down but he can't win. He sits with a ballboy at RG and he's a try hard then one moment of madness, a poor ball kid gets in the middle and he's the devil. Everyone just looks for an excuse to hate him and Djokovic being human and not a robot will always oblige
Don't understand how you can complain in a competitive environment about something like that. The guy is human after all, and doesn't really mean what he's doing.

Quick Reply

Latest