The Student Room Group

Friends not inviting me out anymore

I’ve always tried to be a good friends and support people, I have added them to groups to discuss work, which they found helpful. But recently:

I wasn't invited to a night out and when I asked him about it he said -- "i'll try to remember to invite you when I get home but I might forget." He invited all our friends, apart from me;

Recently, another one of his mates didn't invite me to his house party and our other friend tried to cover up he was going when I asked. When I asked the host, he said he genuinely forget and gave me the details. I said I was going but some of my friends seemed surprised that I was.

I feel like I am being left out of everything. They all seem to meet up and hang around together and exclude me, even though they know I am outgoing. I am really, really upset. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe they just don't like you anymore? Nothing you can do I guess apart from make new friends :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by MichuAtDeGeaBa
Maybe they just don't like you anymore? Nothing you can do I guess apart from make new friends :frown:

Does it sound like they dont?

The one who tried to cover up, uses me all the time to discuss coursework and proof-read work.
Original post by Anonymous
Does it sound like they dont?

The one who tried to cover up, uses me all the time to discuss coursework and proof-read work.

Maybe he's using you then. Sucks though because it would be better that they'd confront you with their problem. If they just don't like you enough to be your friend then move on and find new ones. Don't let this person just use you like this :smile:
Reply 4
Maybe he's using you then. Sucks though because it would be better that they'd confront you with their problem. If they just don't like you enough to be your friend then move on and find new ones. Don't let this person just use you like this :smile:

Feeling like ****

Yeah, but no point making new versions of problems he already has. I do most things on my own and this ensures I dont have to rely on so called friends. Life is easier for me to keep it to myself with the exception of masturbating. I would like a partner to assist me in that.
Reply 6
Original post by Laomedeia
Yeah, but no point making new versions of problems he already has. I do most things on my own and this ensures I dont have to rely on so called friends. Life is easier for me to keep it to myself with the exception of masturbating. I would like a partner to assist me in that.

Would you be pissed if they were your friends?
Would you be pissed if they were your friends?

Depends what you mean by pissed.
Reply 8
Depends what you mean by pissed.

Well angry and humiliated like I was.

Why should it be his problem? It's his "friends" who have the issue and he shouldn't have to deal with it. If they're good friends they're better off confronting him about the problem.
Well angry and humiliated like I was.

Yes. The would actually be more "enemies" than friends. They sound like wangers.

Why should it be his problem? It's his "friends" who have the issue and he shouldn't have to deal with it. If they're good friends they're better off confronting him about the problem.

Its "his" problem because generally speaking it is a problem, and its one that has affected the OP, hence it being his problem. If they're good friends they wouldn't be wangers in the first place. Best to be completely shot of em IMO.

Personally I find other people irritating so my opinion could be biased or something.
What do you think I should do?
Find new friends
Original post by OU Student
Find new friends

Do they sound douchey to you?
Reply 14

I would personally move on and find new friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

two options.

1)Move on and no contact

2)Ask them why they're leaving you out all the time and trying to cover up about it. If you don't like the answer move on.

I would go with option one. Will cause less of a scene.

Yes. There are certain things I can't do, so my friends leave me out. That's fine and I accept it. But most things, they involve me in.
Original post by mcfc
I would personally move on and find new friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ChickenMadness
two options.

1)Move on and no contact

2)Ask them why they're leaving you out all the time and trying to cover up about it. If you don't like the answer move on.

I would go with option one. Will cause less of a scene.

Original post by OU Student
Yes. There are certain things I can't do, so my friends leave me out. That's fine and I accept it. But most things, they involve me in.

This is making me feel like ****. I don't understand what I did. They were so freindly and now they are not.
Some people just turn into dicks. Try and meet some new people :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending