The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Just out of interest - does anyone know where to find information about fsac scores (for instance pass scores in previous years etc)?

:smile:
Original post by jamal_azizi
What are the (rough) odds for passing once u get to FSB for DaT?

I know it's not good to be saying this already, but how long will a DaT fast streamer have to work in DaT? After a while I think I would want to explore other areas of the civil service

Generally speaking you can apply for promotion after 2 years. The roles are not necessarily all extremely technical. Many will be quite similar to generalist postings.
Original post by LaurenGN
Just out of interest - does anyone know where to find information about fsac scores (for instance pass scores in previous years etc)?

It's all deduced from previous years' threads.
Original post by GManTheGMan
It's all deduced from previous years' threads.

Ah I see, thank you :smile:
Is anyone who applied for HR and has their score willing to share it? Also whether they were successful / unsuccessful / amber-banded?

Original post by GManTheGMan
Generally speaking you can apply for promotion after 2 years. The roles are not necessarily all extremely technical. Many will be quite similar to generalist postings.

Thanks, in theory can you apply for a completely non-DaT role after 2 years, or will they specify what roles u can and can't apply for?
So gutted, didn't pass this time round, definitely going to reapply in September though. Good luck to everyone else still waiting- the waiting is the worse!
Original post by pippit
So gutted, didn't pass this time round, definitely going to reapply in September though. Good luck to everyone else still waiting- the waiting is the worse!

Sorry to hear that :frown: I'm pretty sure I'll be in the same situation when I find out next week.

Like you said, not long to wait until September to re-apply :smile:
Original post by LaurenGN
Sorry to hear that :frown: I'm pretty sure I'll be in the same situation when I find out next week.

Like you said, not long to wait until September to re-apply :smile:

Hey, don't belittle yourself like that, I hope you get in in any case! I'm still awaiting results for SDIP so I'm hoping that I can at least be on board that scheme and learn a thing or two before reapplying in September. Just another 7 months to go, y'know. :P
Original post by pippit
Hey, don't belittle yourself like that, I hope you get in in any case! I'm still awaiting results for SDIP so I'm hoping that I can at least be on board that scheme and learn a thing or two before reapplying in September. Just another 7 months to go, y'know. :P

Haha yes but I think it will come around quickly :smile:
Reply 2790
Original post by pippit

I did the SDIP and LOVED it, and found it invaluable in applying for the Fast Stream. Good luck with it!
Original post by Shera123
Hi Sempitern,
Just out of curiosity, where are you finding this information on specific score ranges? Are the top marks for each scheme at FSAC made public or are you calculating this some other way? Based on this, I would take it then that scores over 18 at FSAC are few and far between?
Cheers!

Hi Shera123,
I was an applicant in a previous year. There's a lot of scores that you can digest from previous threads.
I previously read the threads in detail (going back to 2010) - at least the sections from March through July since that is when candidates share their results. There were a couple of great posts last year where someone collated it all (they were going crazy waiting for their results) - I can't find that now - perhaps they deleted it.
The scores are remarkably similar each year. The HoPs / DS and EFS will always need high scores to get to FSB/be successful. Those guys pretty much always need to go above 17 if not 18 for those particular posts. GFS CD will vary from high down to lower 16s. And there have been some TiBs / DaTs who have shared scores saying that they got to FSB on scores of 15 something to 17.
A lot of HR folk have got in on a range of 15 to 18. I think the highest score I ever read of on one of the forums was 19.7 or something like that.
I personally know four people who failed on scores of 14.8 to 15.5. There was one guy posting on here who got a really high score one year and did not accept the post because he chose to do a master's or something along those lines. He posted again a year later that his FSAC score completely tanked. It's not a perfect process by any means. But it's certainly not a bad process.

Just found this post from 2012:

Original post by Chiryu
TiB has a much, much lower threshold than CD, so fingers crossed for you - in 2010, the lowest pass for TiB was 15.74 (though it was around 16 last year).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Shera123
No idea as the last actual figures you can see (for 2012) for the different sift stages of the predecessor stream (TiB) didn't have a FSB. Since then, the FastStream people don't seem to have published hard numbers for each stage so its really a guess as far as I can tell. Anyone know anything else?

Original post by Skarm
6th of May, pretty close to my exams so a bit annoying, but at least I should have got FSAC scores back to prepare for FSB. Do you know what the rough pass rate is once you get to FSB?

TiB did have a FSB.
The odds are pretty good by the time you get to FSB.
Original post by rm436
I did the SDIP and LOVED it, and found it invaluable in applying for the Fast Stream. Good luck with it!

Oh thank you! That's very kind of you ^^ I still have some hope for that, so hopefully it will pull through :smile: did you have any problems with the department you were allocated to? (I mean in terms of whether or not it was your first choice)
Original post by grownupfrog
I know my checks are finished since that's now changed to 'successful' on the portal but they haven't emailed me again - maybe they're hanging on to it until the second round of applications is complete. (I'm on HR and there are two intakes each year). Thanks!

I'd wait a little longer before chasing. It does say in loads of places that there could be a long wait and most people don't find out their placements etc for another few months yet so we aren't behind...

I am one of the last ones starting my application for the second round of HR. Could someone let me know what the application form after the first tests entails? Is it just personal details, or do you also have to write competency essays? Cheers
Reply 2795
Original post by pippit
Oh thank you! That's very kind of you ^^ I still have some hope for that, so hopefully it will pull through :smile: did you have any problems with the department you were allocated to? (I mean in terms of whether or not it was your first choice)

I was allocated to DCLG which was probably my third or fourth choice. I wasn't overly interested in the policy area to be honest, but they are super focused on your development and making sure you get a lot out of the internship, and so they tailor it very much to you. For example, my friend was put in the statistics department and she hates maths, so she asked my line manager if she could work with us instead and he accepted. It's not a disaster if you don't like the sound of your placement initially :smile:
Original post by fivetotwelve
I am one of the last ones starting my application for the second round of HR. Could someone let me know what the application form after the first tests entails? Is it just personal details, or do you also have to write competency essays? Cheers

It's a lengthy form that covers all education, extra-curricular activities and so on. You will also have to write a very short description of your reasons for applying to the HR stream. You get plenty of time to fill it in though so don't worry.
Original post by grownupfrog
It's a lengthy form that covers all education, extra-curricular activities and so on. You will also have to write a very short description of your reasons for applying to the HR stream. You get plenty of time to fill it in though so don't worry.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 2798
Got my FSAC report yesterday (had the assessment centre for GFS CD 12/03) - I knew already earlier I passed but now I got the scores. Just posting here as a lot of people seem to be wondering about the pass rates and scores: 16.40 total with individual scores fairly consistent from 2.58 to 2.83.

And good luck for everyone still waiting!
Original post by mkl7
Got my FSAC report yesterday (had the assessment centre for GFS CD 12/03) - I knew already earlier I passed but now I got the scores. Just posting here as a lot of people seem to be wondering about the pass rates and scores: 16.40 total with individual scores fairly consistent from 2.58 to 2.83.

And good luck for everyone still waiting!

Well done for passing and thank you for sharing your scores :smile:

So is there a score for each of the exercises we completed or is it for each of the competencies? (Only had mine on 31.03 so haven't heard back yet or seen the report).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending