The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
:hugs: Hopefully doesn't get any worse for you again. Sorry you're still low though :frown:

---------
Asked this on skype too, but does anyone know if Scary's ok/has heard from her today?

Thanks :hugs: Are you OK? I haven't spoken to her in a while - do we have reason to believe something may have happened?!?! :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I've been off anti depressants for three weeks now and have actually been feeling much better, although this could be because I've had a lot of counselling and also started CBT.

However I've been home this last week and my dad has been incredibly insensitive about the whole thing, making jokes about how he hopes I don't want to become a pilot anytime soon :/

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry hun. No idea why people think it's appropriate to make those kinda jokes :no: Glad you are generally feeling better though :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I really hope next week goes better - am speaking at a conference next week Friday :headfire: :ahhhhh: :hide:

I'm still really struggling with the orders but feel less likely to act on them, which I guess is a good thing.'

Wow speaking at a conference sounds really impressive! Hope it goes well for you! :smile: I skipped out of every presentation at uni :colondollar:

Asked this on skype too, but does anyone know if Scary's ok/has heard from her today?

x

I saw her on the thread last night, but apart from that i haven't heard anything from her.

--
Dad's brought on many feelings again... Honestly, this is why i don't tell him anything. :frown:
I've been off anti depressants for three weeks now and have actually been feeling much better, although this could be because I've had a lot of counselling and also started CBT.

However I've been home this last week and my dad has been incredibly insensitive about the whole thing, making jokes about how he hopes I don't want to become a pilot anytime soon :/

Perhaps humor is how he deals with things? It can be difficult to accept mental illness in someone you love so maybe he's trying to deflect that feeling? :dontknow:

I dunno. Maybe he is just insensitive.
Thanks :hugs: Are you OK? I haven't spoken to her in a while - do we have reason to believe something may have happened?!?! :frown:

:hugs: Pretty low but I'll be ok. Hope not, she was having a really bad night last night though and bit worried I've not seen anything since :s-smilie:

Original post by Midnightmemories
I saw her on the thread last night, but apart from that i haven't heard anything from her.

--
Dad's brought on many feelings again... Honestly, this is why i don't tell him anything. :frown:

Hope she's alright :frown:

Sorry about your dad :console:
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm still really struggling with the orders but feel less likely to act on them, which I guess is a good thing.'

Wow speaking at a conference sounds really impressive! Hope it goes well for you! :smile: I skipped out of every presentation at uni :colondollar:

Glad you are less likely to act on them. Please stay as safe as is possible/feasible :hugs:

It's a very small, very niche conference but I am ****ting myself. My paper still isn't ready and I've got 8 days :headfire:

--

Thanks for letting us know. So sorry you're feeling rough. Have a squishy TLG hug :jumphug:
I struggle with severe depression and anxiety I have been battling my condition for a year and half, I just turned 18, I am fed up going to a mental health clinic tomrorow I hate BATTLING my OWN mind
:hugs: Pretty low but I'll be ok. Hope not, she was having a really bad night last night though and bit worried I've not seen anything since :s-smilie:

Sorry you're really low too :frown: Squishy TLG hug for you as well! :jumphug:

I've text Scary asking her to contact someone - anyone - to let us know that she is alive and vaguely safe. Hopefully she'll reply to someone soon :s-smilie:

Hope she's alright :frown:

Sorry about your dad :console:

My dad's just getting on my nerves tonight, don't need it alongside everything else thats going on at the moment. :hugs:

Glad you are less likely to act on them. Please stay as safe as is possible/feasible :hugs:

It's a very small, very niche conference but I am ****ting myself. My paper still isn't ready and I've got 8 days :headfire:

Thanks for letting us know. So sorry you're feeling rough. Have a squishy TLG hug :jumphug:

Luckily, i'm feeling better than i was feeling last night... I'm not feeling that great tho.. :frown: :jumphug:
I struggle with severe depression and anxiety I have been battling my condition for a year and half, I just turned 18, I am fed up going to a mental health clinic tomrorow I hate BATTLING my OWN mind

:jumphug:

I've text Scary asking her to contact someone - anyone - to let us know that she is alive and vaguely safe. Hopefully she'll reply to someone soon :s-smilie:

Shes on facebook, shall message you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Luckily, i'm feeling better than i was feeling last night... I'm not feeling that great tho.. :frown: :jumphug:

Really sorry things were bad last night :frown:

Original post by PandaWho
Shes on facebook, shall message you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew :redface:
Hmm, could have been dissociation - hard to say really. Glad it's gone now - hopefully it won't come back :console:

:jumphug:

yeah I looked it up afterwards but I still couldn't tell what it was :s-smilie:

---

what with feeling awful today, I forgot I had a doctors appointment this morning. :frown: and they said a couple of months ago that if I missed any more appointments then Id be taken of the register at their practice :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If she's on facebook then that's definitely good. Sorry :redface:

My dad's just getting on my nerves tonight, don't need it alongside everything else thats going on at the moment. :hugs:

Yeah definitely know that feeling :s-smilie: Glad you're a bit better than last night, sorry still not good though :console:
Original post by Odd socks
yeah I looked it up afterwards but I still couldn't tell what it was :s-smilie:

---

what with feeling awful today, I forgot I had a doctors appointment this morning. :frown: and they said a couple of months ago that if I missed any more appointments then Id be taken of the register at their practice :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure whether what I get is technically dissociation, but basically I feel very cut off from everything and everything around me either seems very real, or very fake. And like I know where I am going or that something has happened in X place, or that I lived in Oxford for three years, but I can't remember it, if that makes any sense? That's what I mean when I say I've dissociated...

I'm sure you can explain to the practice manager. They must know that it's hard for people with mental health difficulties to remember/show up to appointments :dontknow:
only just come online so sorry to anyone I worried. last night didn't end well and am not ok/well/coherent/with it. not sure how much or little I will be online in near future just to let people know
Original post by ScaryScience
only just come online so sorry to anyone I worried. last night didn't end well and am not ok/well/coherent/with it. not sure how much or little I will be online in near future just to let people know

Don't worry sweetie. We are here for you if you need it, but understand if you need space :hugs: Sorry for being a ****ty correspondent :frown:
Cabt do this

If she's on facebook then that's definitely good. Sorry :redface:

Yeah definitely know that feeling :s-smilie: Glad you're a bit better than last night, sorry still not good though :console:

:hugs: I think that everything will hopefully be better tomorrow, and thats good 'cause I'm ready for these feelings to go away. Even though, i honestly don't know when they will and its seriously annoying me.

Really sorry things were bad last night :frown:

Everything escalated last night.. Something happened that has never happened before because of it and luckily i don't think my parents know.

Original post by ScaryScience

:jumphug: Glad you're okay :jumphug: Always here if you want someone to talk to

Latest