The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
I have exactly the same room type and hall - we might be hall mates!! Don't know the answer to your question, sorry. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, we might be! Do you think they allocate the shared bathroom to be same sex? Or is that all just randomized too? Not that I mind, but if it was another girl, we could work out an agreement to leave flower and candy smelling shampoo in the shower :wink: I was a bit bummed not getting an ensuite or at the least, a shared ensuite but now I'm quite happy with it. Its an extra 150 pounds that I can spend on a pair of shoes or something :smile: haha
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by RavenclawPolly
I looked round Nightingale on the open day and it was really nice, its one of older halls so all the rooms and corridors are a bit bigger. Also its all in one hall so you don't have to go outside to get to the canteen, it is one of the smaller halls I think it has 170 students or something, but its really nice. It has like a nice veranda type area thing outside as well :smile: I don't know whether you would call it a veranda but it had a nice outside area anyway

Ahh that's made me really happy thank you:smile: What hall are you in and what do you want to study?
Original post by shouldBstudying
Haha, we might be! Do you think they allocate the shared bathroom to be same sex? Or is that all just randomized too? Not that I mind, but if it was another girl, we could work out an agreement to leave flower and candy smelling shampoo in the shower :wink: I was a bit bummed not getting an ensuite or at the least, a shared ensuite but now I'm quite happy with it. Its an extra 150 pounds that I can spend on a pair of shoes or something :smile: haha

I don't know about other guys but I fancy a bit of fragrant shampoo/body soap every now and then - quite strange of me I guess!

I'd imagine it would be same sex. I can just imagine the amount of embarrassing encounters if it were mixed, I'm definitely getting the long towel :wink:.

Yeah, I wanted an en-suite as well but, alas, nope! Only one pair?! :O I'd probably buy some nice speakers.

Are you on the FB group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ButterflyGirl97
Ahh that's made me really happy thank you:smile: What hall are you in and what do you want to study?

I'm in Lincoln which is also on University Park its also one of the older smaller ones, my mum actually really wanted me to get into Nightingale because she liked it so much haha :smile: and I'm doing German. How about you?
I don't know about other guys but I fancy a bit of fragrant shampoo/body soap every now and then - quite strange of me I guess!

I'd imagine it would be same sex. I can just imagine the amount of embarrassing encounters if it were mixed, I'm definitely getting the long towel :wink:.

Yeah, I wanted an en-suite as well but, alas, nope! Only one pair?! :O I'd probably buy some nice speakers.

Are you on the FB group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not on the FB group! To be honest, I'm a bit afraid of not meeting my offer so I don't want to become TOO attached to Nottingham haha. As sad as that sounds.

I'm definitely bringing a bathrobe to uni haha. Esp if its a long walk from the bathroom to my room.
I'm not on the FB group! To be honest, I'm a bit afraid of not meeting my offer so I don't want to become TOO attached to Nottingham haha. As sad as that sounds.

I'm definitely bringing a bathrobe to uni haha. Esp if its a long walk from the bathroom to my room.

Ah, you should join it anyway! You won't officially know until August, so why not get to know your fellow applicants (like me :awesome:)?
Ah, you should join it anyway! You won't officially know until August, so why not get to know your fellow applicants (like me :awesome:)?

I'm a IB student so I can cry about it the entire summer as I find out results in early July! haha. Where do I find the link?
I'm a IB student so I can cry about it the entire summer as I find out results in early July! haha. Where do I find the link?

Freshers

http:// https://www.facebook.com/groups/411198262379904

Ancaster Hall
http:// https://www.facebook.com/groups/793945627325593
I'm in Lincoln which is also on University Park its also one of the older smaller ones, my mum actually really wanted me to get into Nightingale because she liked it so much haha :smile: and I'm doing German. How about you?

I'll come over and say hi if we both get in in September then aha. Awhh why don't you reapply to switch hall then? Ohh that's cool, I want to do Economics
I'll come over and say hi if we both get in in September then aha. Awhh why don't you reapply to switch hall then? Ohh that's cool, I want to do Economics

If I reapply there is no guarantee I would get into Nightingale and Lincoln looks really nice anyway :smile: ahh cool what are the entry requirements for economics? Just out of curiosity :smile:
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
I've applied for Nottingham, Manchester, UEA, Durham and Bath for Pharmacy! I'm a post result applicant so hopefully I will get an offer for my A2s I achieved AAB and I'm also a healthcare advisor and just started my NVQ2 in dispensing. I guess Nottingham is really popular for Pharmacy...

I applied to the same unis for pharmacy except I applied to UCL instead of Manchester, what uni have you firmed?:colondollar:
Reply 1311
Hey, I've firmed Nottingham for Mathematical Physics. Got an offer for an en suite at Ancaster Hall this morning. Can anyone tell me if it's any good?
Original post by mo2k13
Hey, I've firmed Nottingham for Mathematical Physics. Got an offer for an en suite at Ancaster Hall this morning. Can anyone tell me if it's any good?

Yaass!!! Ancaster buddy! Have you joined the FB group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1313
Yaass!!! Ancaster buddy! Have you joined the FB group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No have you got a link to it? And what course have you applied for?
If I reapply there is no guarantee I would get into Nightingale and Lincoln looks really nice anyway :smile: ahh cool what are the entry requirements for economics? Just out of curiosity :smile:

Oh yeah that is true, tbh I can't remember what any of the accommodations look like or which ones which but I've heard that Lincoln is really nice A*AA but I've been given AAA. What are your requirements for German?Oh yeah that is true, tbh I can't remember what any of the accommodations look like or which ones which but I've heard that Lincoln is really nice A*AA but I've been given AAA. What are your requirements for German?
Oh yeah that is true, tbh I can't remember what any of the accommodations look like or which ones which but I've heard that Lincoln is really nice A*AA but I've been given AAA. What are your requirements for German?Oh yeah that is true, tbh I can't remember what any of the accommodations look like or which ones which but I've heard that Lincoln is really nice A*AA but I've been given AAA. What are your requirements for German?

Wow mine is ABB, because hardly anyone applies for it haha :smile:
Original post by mo2k13
No have you got a link to it? And what course have you applied for?

I've applied for Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (with a Year Abroad). It's based at Jubilee but I chose University Park to meet a greater variety of students. How about you?

Yeah, this the fresher's group:
University of Nottingham Fresher's 2015

And this is the Ancaster group (it's really tiny right now):

Ancaster Hall Nottingham 2015
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1317
Oh ok that sounds like a good idea.

I've deactivated my Facebook for revision atm but I'll join the group at some point, cheers!
Original post by fran-11
Has anyone applied for Environmental Science?

Ive applied for a masters in evironmental science
Got my offer for Ancaster today :smile: Not my most preferred room type. I got a private shared bathroom which was on the bottom of my preference list (asked for a ensuite first..). Does anyone know how long this corridor is? Is it unreasonable to be able to shower and quickly run to your room or will the bathroom be like.. 500 meters from my room at hte end of the floor?

It won't be long at all. It will most likely be just next to you.

All private shared are same sex.

Quick Reply

Latest