The Student Room Group

Should I be flattered or offended when people think I'm Brazilian/Spanish?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lewierhodes
Well if you look Brazilian/Spanish then I'm not surprised :biggrin:

Well I did fit in perfectly when I lived in Brazil but then again Brazil has all kinds of people haha.
Flattered or offended are not the only choices.

I am half Chinese-15/32ndsGerman-1/32nd Scottish. When people ask me about my "ethnicity", I like to have fun. I've told people I'm a yanomami Indian, the product of an anthropological experiment; Yul Brenner's son; hispanic american, you name it. As a student in Germany, they disdained Americans, so I told them I was Indian from a reservation and they loved that I was "oppressed".

Enjoy it!
Reply 22
Original post by alcibiade
Flattered or offended are not the only choices.

I am half Chinese-15/32ndsGerman-1/32nd Scottish. When people ask me about my "ethnicity", I like to have fun. I've told people I'm a yanomami Indian, the product of an anthropological experiment; Yul Brenner's son; hispanic american, you name it. As a student in Germany, they disdained Americans, so I told them I was Indian from a reservation and they loved that I was "oppressed".

Enjoy it!

HAHAHA, seriously Yul Brynners son?! :hahaha: Oppressed Indian?? Oh my god I don't even know you and I love you already :adore: you're so funny! :mmm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Spanish people are gorgeous guys... What are you talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sofia Vergara
Original post by binarythoughts
Sofia Vergara

Yes.
Reply 26
Original post by binarythoughts
Sofia Vergara

yeah she's hot.
Reply 27
Original post by *Stefan*
Spanish people are gorgeous guys... What are you talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never said they aren't, was just wondering how I should feel when people think I am one.
Reply 28
Original post by hilrho
Never said they aren't, was just wondering how I should feel when people think I am one.

Oh it wasn't directed to you. It was directed to the guy who said that it was an insult.
Reply 29
Original post by *Stefan*
Oh it wasn't directed to you. It was directed to the guy who said that it was an insult.

Aaah fair enough :smile:
Reply 30
You should definitely be flattered! I think Brazilian/Spanish girls are 'on average' the hottest.
Reply 31
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I think there's an unrealistic stereotype here that all Spanish people are brown or tanned, when in reality most of them are as white as most other Europeans. I'm pale skinned and blonde haired and people never believe me when I tell them I'm Spanish either.

Can't the same be said about Brazilians as there are white, black, amerindian, asian (mostly japanese descent) and mixed brazilians? So you don't really have one particular look you can call Brazilian.
Reply 32
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Of course, the same applies to many stereotypes. Just like in Spain the stereotype of English people is that they're ugly and slutty.

Haha really? I never heard that one before. Why do they think that?

Quick Reply

Latest