The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Original post by LaurenGN
So is there a score for each of the exercises we completed or is it for each of the competencies?

Each of the competencies. :smile:

"The Fast Stream Assessment Centre (FSAC) measures candidates' performance against six competencies. Each competency is tested at least three times during the day. An average mark for the candidate's overall performance in each competency, ranging from 1.00 to 4.00, is calculated to two decimal places.

The candidate's overall FSAC score is the sum of the six average competency marks. The minimum overall score at FSAC is 6 and the maximum is 24. "
Original post by mkl7
Each of the competencies. :smile:

"The Fast Stream Assessment Centre (FSAC) measures candidates' performance against six competencies. Each competency is tested at least three times during the day. An average mark for the candidate's overall performance in each competency, ranging from 1.00 to 4.00, is calculated to two decimal places.

The candidate's overall FSAC score is the sum of the six average competency marks. The minimum overall score at FSAC is 6 and the maximum is 24. "

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense now! Where did you manage to find that? I've been searching like crazy (but obviously not well enough) :wink:
Reply 2802
Original post by LaurenGN
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense now! Where did you manage to find that? I've been searching like crazy (but obviously not well enough) :wink:

I know, they don't make it easy for us to find do they! :smile:

I got no e-mail about it but just checked back ever so often. So on the Parity Website when you go to "Fast Stream Assessment Centre | Results Available | View Results" there appears a button above 'OK' at the end of the page that says 'FSAC Report.'

All of the results/reports should be available by mid-April though (as far as I understand?) so not long to go now for sure!

Fast Stream Assessment Centre

Results Available

!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mkl7
I know, they don't make it easy for us to find do they! :smile:

I got no e-mail about it but just checked back ever so often. So on the Parity Website when you go to "Fast Stream Assessment Centre | Results Available | View Results" there appears a button above 'OK' at the end of the page that says 'View Results.'

All of the results/reports should be available by mid-April though (as far as I understand?) so not long to go now for sure!

Fast Stream Assessment Centre

Results Available

!

Ah I see, mine will still be 'Awaiting Results' until after Easter now I think.

Thank you again for that info :smile:
Reply 2804
Original post by mkl7
Got my FSAC report yesterday (had the assessment centre for GFS CD 12/03) - I knew already earlier I passed but now I got the scores. Just posting here as a lot of people seem to be wondering about the pass rates and scores: 16.40 total with individual scores fairly consistent from 2.58 to 2.83.

And good luck for everyone still waiting!

Based on this I'm guessing me, tritonsails and other CD amber banders are in the 16.20s (16.25 was the pass last year). Did you pass straight away or after a sift?
Reply 2805
Original post by Lauws
Based on this I'm guessing me, tritonsails and other CD amber banders are in the 16.20s (16.25 was the pass last year). Did you pass straight away or after a sift?

Straight away, after 3 business days.

Although my FSAC was only in March (and thus the bands would have been more narrow than say in January.)
Reply 2806
Original post by mkl7
Straight away, after 3 business days.

Although my FSAC was only in March (and thus the bands would have been more narrow than say in January.)

Thanks. Yeah, I understand, I was the day after you.
Reply 2807
Not sure if everyone knows this, but for those still waiting, there's a chance that you will get offered a job if you get rejected from the Fast Stream. The 'near misses' often get offered jobs directly with departments, I met a few people who were in that situation when I was on my internship. A lot of us still amber banded are probably very very close to the final pass mark, so fingers crossed that if we get rejected we might still get ourselves a job in the Civil Service :smile:
Reply 2808
Original post by rm436
Not sure if everyone knows this, but for those still waiting, there's a chance that you will get offered a job if you get rejected from the Fast Stream. The 'near misses' often get offered jobs directly with departments, I met a few people who were in that situation when I was on my internship. A lot of us still amber banded are probably very very close to the final pass mark, so fingers crossed that if we get rejected we might still get ourselves a job in the Civil Service :smile:

That's the kind if optimism that's helps me sleep at night haha!
A question for anyone in the thread who knows, what does the FSB for Digital and Technology entail? What's it like?
I know there's another "leadership exercise", plus an additional interview more focused on technology, but can anyone tell me what they're looking for here? What type of questions get asked?

Thanks for any help
Original post by Skarm
A question for anyone in the thread who knows, what does the FSB for Digital and Technology entail? What's it like?
I know there's another "leadership exercise", plus an additional interview more focused on technology, but can anyone tell me what they're looking for here? What type of questions get asked?

Thanks for any help

If you're invited to the FSB, you will receive a document describing the agenda. Check the downloads section in the applicants portal.

Generally it's a half day event with a presentation and an interview.

Sharing what kinds of questions that might be asked / or have been asked so far wouldn't really be fair as it would put you at an advantage over other candidates. However as you have yourself said, the event is likely to be more technology geared than FSAC.
I heard somewhere that the people currently applying for the second round of HR would be expected to start working in October rather than September. Does anyone know whether this is true? - Thanks in advance.
Reply 2812
To those people who've submitted a DBS Scotland form- what forms of evidence are appropriate for proof of address. I've managed to lose the FAQ sheet!
Original post by fivetotwelve
I heard somewhere that the people currently applying for the second round of HR would be expected to start working in October rather than September. Does anyone know whether this is true? - Thanks in advance.

I haven't heard either way (I'm HR intake 1) but I'd be surprised if this was right - we don't get placed until the summer anyway so I'm not sure why they couldn't just do everyone at the same time...
Hi All, will the call for more male HR candidates affect females still awaiting their results? It shouldn't, but it was just something that entered my head after seeing the advert on fb and on the blog.
Original post by jo131278
Hi All, will the call for more male HR candidates affect females still awaiting their results? It shouldn't, but it was just something that entered my head after seeing the advert on fb and on the blog.

No. If you've got through to FSAC you'll be judged on your scores for that alone.
Original post by grownupfrog
I'm still waiting for my FSAC report, more than a month after passing. I understand that it takes time but it's quite frustrating when you see people who passed later than you getting their scores!

Me too! I had my FSAC on the 5th Feb and I'm still waiting, but I've seen in this thread that someone who had their FSAC on 12th March got their score last week. There doesn't appear to be any logical system to it!
Original post by Skarm

Thanks for any help

Whats it worth? :P
Original post by f.burton
Me too! I had my FSAC on the 5th Feb and I'm still waiting, but I've seen in this thread that someone who had their FSAC on 12th March got their score last week. There doesn't appear to be any logical system to it!

i think its because theyve passed already. but i agree! normally they wait to release it all on the same day
Original post by f.burton

I assume that those who are getting their reports earlier are those who have FSBs to prepare for - for HR there's no other tests after FSAC so we're not a priority in terms of getting the information out, I suppose.
Original post by bluebird82
i think its because theyve passed already. but i agree! normally they wait to release it all on the same day
Nope, I was an immediate pass and am still waiting for my scores so it isn't that.

Quick Reply