The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrawlx101
can you show me your timetable?

Sorry I didn't see this until now - I've never attached a picture to a post before on this website but I think I've edited my original message and it's uploaded now. Like I said that's my old timetable, my current one is much more improved upon - I can send you a picture of my current timetable tomorrow if you like?

To make one yourself - once you're logged into TSR > hover over your username > My Study tools > Create new study tools > create a timetable.
Everyone says that they are going to do loads of hours, 6 hours a day but I doubt that you will do it! Just say 3 hours that is a lot more realistic
I aimed to do 6 but ive been doing about 3. :frown:
As much as I hope to at least do a few hours a day I know it will be hell lot of work. Im currently trying to get my coursework sorted and BTEC's, then I hope I can get to actual revision for the exams. I have a U is psychology and a D in English so I have to get something done asap :/
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I truly and deeply wish you the best of luck! :colondollar: What subjects are they?

Thank you, Im going to need it!
One day into the revision already :biggrin:

And I'm doing AS Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Economics.
Biology is my biggest fear, the sheer amount of material to get through… :frown:

Original post by AyCaramba
A2 exams?! May God have mercy on your soul...

AS thankfully, not A2
(edited 9 years ago)
Probably 3 hours a day for each subject so 9 hours over each day. That may vary depending the subject I'm doing. This week I've been at my local library for most of my time. Just currently doing Past Papers and Flash Cards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mickel_w

Biology is my biggest fear, the sheer amount of material to get through… :frown:

AS thankfully, not A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holy **.Your doing alot of subjects. what sort of grades do you what to achieve? Are your aiming to go to Cambridge because of your subject choices?
2-3 hours a day. I don't want to burn myself out and because my subjects overlap a lot (Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computing) there's not so much to do. Just past papers really, notes don't work at all for me.
Original post by mickel_w

Ayy I'm doing same subjects as you (except Further Maths for Physics) :smile:. Bio and Chem we were lucky as we had to learn one of the two modules for a mock pre Easter so pretty confident I got half the material down.

Economics though is another story, how are you planning to revise it?
Reply 109
A couple of hours a day but I'm taking the day off today :smile: the only thing i got done this week is an english essay, some geo and some history haha I have not been very productive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azzax
A couple of hours a day but I'm taking the day off today :smile: the only thing i got done this week is an english essay, some geo and some history haha I have not been very productive

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 brutal essay subjects ahah, that must be fun to revise...
Reply 111
Original post by nurav11
3 brutal essay subjects ahah, that must be fun to revise...

Hahaha i barely revise for them...i get put off too quickly by how much there is hahaha :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azzax
Hahaha i barely revise for them...i get put off too quickly by how much there is hahaha :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

It just gets to a stage where you just go 'I hope I know it all' and not do any more. At least in Bio or Chem you know when you've finished all the material properly, I never got that with essay subjects. GCSE Geography was a 3 and half hour exam, came on the same day as chemistry aswell so you can imagine that was a bad day for me :tongue:
Reply 113
Original post by nurav11
It just gets to a stage where you just go 'I hope I know it all' and not do any more. At least in Bio or Chem you know when you've finished all the material properly, I never got that with essay subjects. GCSE Geography was a 3 and half hour exam, came on the same day as chemistry aswell so you can imagine that was a bad day for me :tongue:

Yeah that's so true....oh wow that sounds like it was rough! :redface: hahaha
But even with biology it's difficult like its easy to memorise but the questions are all application and they are so hard to understand.
I think the hardest exam day I have this year is got to be the day where I have my English lit paper and my second geo paper on the same day! :'( I'm going to have to revise extra for those to papers
Original post by azzax
Yeah that's so true....oh wow that sounds like it was rough! :redface: hahaha
But even with biology it's difficult like its easy to memorise but the questions are all application and they are so hard to understand.
I think the hardest exam day I have this year is got to be the day where I have my English lit paper and my second geo paper on the same day! :'( I'm going to have to revise extra for those to papers

Yeh it really was, but all over now. Yeh I guess thats the case, questions in science do vary a lot and can be confusing at times. Ouchh that really sounds awful, good luck for that :smile:. (And don't panic and not sleep the night before, I know that really doesn't help with anything!)
Reply 115
Original post by nurav11
Yeh it really was, but all over now. Yeh I guess thats the case, questions in science do vary a lot and can be confusing at times. Ouchh that really sounds awful, good luck for that :smile:. (And don't panic and not sleep the night before, I know that really doesn't help with anything!)

Yeah they sure can....I regret picking bio big time haha
Thanks!! :smile:
Hahahaha thanks for the tip, i'll keep that in mind:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm aiming for 6-7 hours a day, with a total of one day off each week (I have a 3 week break) Been working since Tuesday, and I've managed it so far :smile:
I just work in 45 minute chunks and take a 15 minute break between each one, and try to mimic the amount I'd work were I at school, so 9am-5pm with an hour lunch break. I did the same thing for GCSE and I managed to pull up all my grades by at least 2 grades compared to what I was predicted just before the Easter, so I know it works lol
Original post by azzax
Yeah they sure can....I regret picking bio big time haha
Thanks!! :smile:
Hahahaha thanks for the tip, i'll keep that in mind:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, won't stop me from doing it tho :P
Reply 118
Original post by nurav11
No worries, won't stop me from doing it tho :P

Hahahaha do you do last minute revision because you panick so much?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bazbaz
I'm aiming for 6-7 hours a day, with a total of one day off each week (I have a 3 week break) Been working since Tuesday, and I've managed it so far :smile:
I just work in 45 minute chunks and take a 15 minute break between each one, and try to mimic the amount I'd work were I at school, so 9am-5pm with an hour lunch break. I did the same thing for GCSE and I managed to pull up all my grades by at least 2 grades compared to what I was predicted just before the Easter, so I know it works lol

seems a good technique

Latest