The Student Room Group

Maximum number of past papers you have done in one day?

My maximum is 3 one and a half hour papers yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Like 4 maths papers probably
4 Maths 1 Chemistry.
My record is 18 one and a half hour papers in one day in early June last year.

I had physics first lesson (9-10:30), so did 1.5 G482 papers in class.
I then had the rest of the day off due to study leave, so finished off the second G482 paper. I then spent until 4:30 doing assorted C3, C4, M1, FP1 and D2 papers. I'd done enough work on each maths module to get each paper done and marked in 30-40 minutes, so I'd done something like 10-12 papers total by 4:30.
I then went home and did a few more maths papers to make it up to 18.

This was a highly anomalous day though and right in the middle of exams. Usually I wouldn't do anything like this many.
2. And they were both in lessons.
Reply 5
Reply 6
Original post by morgan8002

I then had the rest of the day off due to study leave, so finished off the second G482 paper. I then spent until 4:30 doing assorted C3, C4, M1, FP1 and D2 papers. I'd done enough work on each maths module to get each paper done and marked in 30-40 minutes, so I'd done something like 10-12 papers total by 4:30.

This was a highly anomalous day though and right in the middle of exams. Usually I wouldn't do anything like this many.

Congratulations on doing 27 hours of exams in 24 hours!
Reply 7

Wow!!!
G482 is so hard:frown: I hate electricity the most
G841 is easy as pi though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
went mental cos i wasnt getting 75/75 in c1.

still dont get it:/
Reply 9
Original post by naxiv

I feel you
Closest I have got in C1 is 68/75

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably about 5 or 6 past papers I am not too sure on how many.My best record on hard work is doing around 30 STEP questions in 24 hours(they are supposed to be around 30-45 minutes long each)
Reply 11
Original post by Dalek1099
Probably about 5 or 6 past papers I am not too sure on how many.My best record on hard work is doing around 30 STEP questions in 24 hours(they are supposed to be around 30-45 minutes long each)

Are you a wizard?! :eek:

Original post by ProNoob
I feel you
Closest I have got in C1 is 68/75

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by naxiv

It's probably because of silly mistakes. I tend to not read longer questions and just jump straight to the question.
Reply 12
Original post by naxiv
To
I'm gonna try one now.
its not even hard, its merely ambiguous Qs that throw you off.
Like for eg,
[br]f(x)=104x+3x2[br]Alinewithgradient7/2crossesatapointonthecurve.Findalinewithperpendiculargradientto7/2whichpassesthrough(1,3)[br]f(x)= 10-4x+3x^2[br]A line with gradient 7/2 crosses at a point on the curve. Find a line with perpendicular gradient to 7/2 which passes through (-1,3)
On the other hand, it just wouldnt feel legit to get 75/75. Most of the smart people in my class avg 92%

Same and for me I am one of the smart ones:biggrin:

Use equation y-y1=m(x-x1)
Substitute x and y values into equation
Gradient =-3/7

CBA to answer the question right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by kkboyk
Are you a wizard?! :eek:

It's probably because of silly mistakes. I tend to not read longer questions and just jump straight to the question.

I agree
It is so annoying losing marks cause of silly mistakes:angry:

One of my mates got 75/75 in a D2 mock two weeks ago:eek:

I need to ask him how I can do the same in C1/C2 and M1 ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BCMFM16
Congratulations on doing 27 hours of exams in 24 hours!

More like 27 hours worth of exams in 14 hours. (9am to 11pm with breaks)

Original post by Dalek1099
My best record on hard work is doing around 30 STEP questions in 24 hours(they are supposed to be around 30-45 minutes long each)

That is an awesome achievement in terms of stamina. My maximum is probably only something like 15 STEP questions in a day.
More like 27 hours worth of exams in 14 hours. (9am to 11pm with breaks)

That is an awesome achievement in terms of stamina. My maximum is probably only something like 15 STEP questions in a day.

I worked for the full 24 hours apart from meals and going to the toilet, I didn't sleep at all.I find STEP can be addicting once you get started you do a question and then you see another and want to have a go at that and then so and so on, I could have gone on studying for longer but thought it wasn't the best thing to do.

The main reason I applied to Cambridge rather than Oxford was because of STEP I often did STEP questions for recreation back in Y11 and Y12 they can be very enjoyable.
4 maths papers. finally got 100% in a C1 past paper yesterday .-.
Reply 17
Original post by ProNoob
Same and for me I am one of the smart ones:biggrin:Use equation y-y1=m(x-x1)Substitute x and y values into equation Gradient =-3/7CBA to answer the question right now Posted from TSR Mobile
****ing hell got 67/75. This is ****ing **** doing another one
Reply 18
Original post by naxiv
****ing hell got 67/75. This is ****ing **** doing another one

What exam board are you on?
I am on AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
5-7.

Quick Reply

Latest