The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Rotherham losing today means Blackpool aren't relegated just yet.
Having spent the last 30 hours on the coach both mentally and physically battered, that is the greatest news I could possibly have had. The Champ continues to be mad..
Mad game at Huish Park. Chesterfield come back from 2-0 down to win. Yeovil set for life in the fourth tier?
Original post by Mackay
Mad game at Huish Park. Chesterfield come back from 2-0 down to win. Yeovil set for life in the fourth tier?

59th min we were 2-0 down, 69th min we took the lead at 3-2. 4 points clear of 7th now but this L1 play off race is still very open, especially with some teams having games in hand.

Didn't go so can't comment on Yeovil's performance but 12 points off 20th with 6 games left - surely gonners?
Original post by joddcfc

Didn't go so can't comment on Yeovil's performance but 12 points off 20th with 6 games left - surely gonners?

Definitely. Colchester will join them, but the other two are still to be determined. Intriguing battle.
Original post by Mackay
Definitely. Colchester will join them, but the other two are still to be determined. Intriguing battle.

Agreed. Can't name the other two.
Had a 7 fold acca. Birmingham, Norwich, Middlesbrough, Brentford, Charlton, Bournemouth & Watford.

£5 stake - Returns £2659

One of the worst teams in the league beat one of the form sides in the league :frown:

I hope Millwall absolutely crumble into nothingness.
Millwall's match sounds a bit tasty. Old school London grudge match.

Derby have goal difference on their side
Original post by TornadoGR4

Derby have goal difference on their side

Bournemouth and Boro to go up I think. Brentford-Derby play-off final.
Original post by Mackay
Bournemouth and Boro to go up I think. Brentford-Derby play-off final.

I don't know, I really don't know. I can see any of the Top 4 making it. Such a difficult league, Fulham & Wigan suffering near the foot & Brentford & Bournemouth striving for promotion. Forest seemed like a certainty to be in & around the auto places and I was expecting Cardiff to be up there too.
I am so happy.
A point against Derby with 10 men. ****ing get in. Win V Boro on Monday and I think we can do it still.
Original post by Mackay

I am not so sure about writing off Colchester since they have a guaranteed 3 points next weekend. I wish all our games were away, that is how poor we are at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great performance and vital result for MK away at Swindon today. :smile:
****. Down to 10 men for an off the ball incident but by some accounts it was just regular grappling at a corner & Austin was given a straight red for it.

I'd take a draw
Didn't get that draw then.
Calling it, Afobe to score the winner vs Brentford in the playoff final.

its not like I change my mind a lot..
Original post by Jangrafess
Didn't get that draw then.

:frown:

Blackburn will have one eye on their FA Cup replay on Wednesday, so this was a great opportunity to capitalise on that and keep our strong run going. We were always gonna lose when the assistant coach was suspended (and probably sacked). It disrupts the team.

And there's no Football League show :emo:
Original post by Midlander
I am not so sure about writing off Colchester since they have a guaranteed 3 points next weekend. I wish all our games were away, that is how poor we are at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funny thing is, Colchester fans say the exact same thing.

Quick Reply

Latest