The Student Room Group

AS Biology Revision OCR

Here we can all help eachother and discuss any problems/questions (relating to biology obviously :P)
I find Unit 2 papers so much for difficult than Unit 1 :/

Scroll to see replies

Haven't started the unit 2 papers yet :/
Reply 2
Original post by Lifeimitatesart
Haven't started the unit 2 papers yet :/

I started them today but i felt like I didnt know the content as I had expected. What I noticed was that unit 2 papers require more application of theories to certain situation
I have a question. Unit 2 how many ester bonds in phospholipid
I am just rewriting notes and recapping and memorising
Original post by coolgamer
I have a question. Unit 2 how many ester bonds in phospholipid

3 :smile:
Original post by Munrot07

So in a condensation reaction 3 water molecules will be produced
So what is the similarities and difference between triglycerides and phospholipids?
So in a condensation reaction 3 water molecules will be produced

Yep :smile:
So what is the similarities and difference between triglycerides and phospholipids?

Similarities - 3 ester bonds, glycerol, 2 fatty acid chains.
Differences - 3rd fatty acid chain on phopspholipid is replaced by a phosphate group, phospholipid is polar a triglyceride is not.
Triglycerides have 3 fatty acids and a glycerol molecule

Phospholipids have 2 fatty acids and instead of 3 fatty acids one of them is a phospahte group
A phospholipid is polar meaning it has two different 'poles' ; the hydrophilic head (water loving) and the hydrophobic tail (water hating)
Ive been doing quite alot of past papers and ive been getting grades i dont want :frown:( and ive attempted some unit 2 but theyre so hard
anyone got any tips for unit 2

Doing the 'Application' and 'How Science Works' parts in the as aqa bio NT book is worth everything they reallt do help :P
Similarities - 3 ester bonds, glycerol, 2 fatty acid chains.
Differences - 3rd fatty acid chain on phopspholipid is replaced by a phosphate group, phospholipid is polar a triglyceride is not.

Ty :smile:
Original post by randoms132
Ive been doing quite alot of past papers and ive been getting grades i dont want :frown:( and ive attempted some unit 2 but theyre so hard
anyone got any tips for unit 2

Doing the 'Application' and 'How Science Works' parts in the as aqa bio NT book is worth everything they reallt do help :P

Have you revised everything before u did the paper?
Make sure u know key definitions?
Know the meanings of explain describe state .... You can easily lose marks if u don't read and also look at the no of mArks if it's 2 then they expect 2 points
If coenzymes bind to active site how come shape of active site is not changed?

How are you revising ?
How are you revising ?

I'm not :P I'm actually a uni student :smile:
I'm not :P I'm actually a uni student :smile:

Oh lol.. How did u revise then ?
Oh lol.. How did u revise then ?

Just made extensive notes on everything and did every past question I could find.
Just made extensive notes on everything and did every past question I could find.

Ok I'm doing that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending